Vimural is a street art blog/vlog which focuses on spreading the message of specific street artists and urban gear.
Street Artist Clothing Essentials
Every street artist has to be dressed to impress. Why? Because not only are they inspired by acts against society and breaking the law, but they also do it for the looks. Everyone knows that first impressions last a lifetime. You don't have to be a vandal in order to look like one, but you must dress accordingly.
Also, if you are a street artist, then people will definitely take you seriously if you plan on making a career out of it or at least obtaining the legal wall permit you've been wanting. Like any dress style, there are certain essentials every street artists must have:
Obviously, you don't have to dress with all these on at the same time. However, do make it a habit to change your look on a daily basis by accessorizing and mix and matching essentials.
Read More From Bellatory
Streetwear clothing has been around for a very long time. As a matter of fact, it is very difficult to define as a specific style. There is just such a very broad definition. We do believe that streetwear was born in Los Angeles, California. During this time frame, the surfer community was experiencing drastic growth.
Although it is not easily defined, the streetwear gear may consist of comfortable, casual clothing such as baseball caps, t-shirts, jeans, and sneakers. Streetwear is one of the biggest segments of the apparel business. Over the past years, a variety of groups have remained faithful to this fashion attire—from rappers to skaters and even hipsters.
Top 5 Streetwear Stores
- A New York-based seller, Memes, has slowly been risen on the urban wear game. Their site is definitely one of the top retail destinations for streetwear. Their brands include Y-3, Penfield, and Maiden Noir.
- Wish ATL has some great deals on brands like En Noir, Jeremy Scott for Adidas, and Black Scale.
- One of the largest of urban clothing is MLTD, also known as Moose Limited. With over 100 different brands, you can easily find something for you at a very affordable price.
- For some high-quality gear, shop at Reed Space. Not only are they known for some distinct clothing styles, but also for their art.
- Last but not least is Karmaloop. This company was designed specifically to take over the streetwear game. I am not talking about just eCommerce, but also an entire underground community of style.
Bottom line, Karmaloop has constantly remained on their game. In fact, their products were sold so great that any left-overs were pushed on an exclusive boutique of PLNDR.com. Together, these two have formed a power-house, seeing advertisements on just about any hip website available.
Shop the Lookbook
If you want to pull looks and be slick, then I suggest you take my advice and cop some dope street wear gear. We do not want you to miss out on any opportunities, especially once you have the established credentials. Even if you are a toy, someone who sucks at graffiti street art, then at least look good at what you do. People will take you serious, guaranteed!
Streetwear is one of the biggest segments of the apparel business. These independent brands went from simple T-shirts to full-on collections.