Finding the Perfect Pair of Jeans
How to Rock Your Jeans
- Wear the right type of shoes to complement whatever pair of jeans you are wearing.
- Know every single pair of jeans is going to fit everyone's body differently and pick a pair that flatters you.
- A muffin-top is not a good fashion statement to be making. Ever!!! Unless you are a muffin then in that case come visit me because I have never seen a human muffin before.
- You should always be able to breathe in your jeans. If you have to sit down slowly to keep the zipper zipped, then you're probably wearing the wrong size.
- Wear what makes you feel comfortable and look good.
Jeans for All Body Types
Every woman has a body that is shaped beautifully different, so dress to flatter and show off your shape. The perfect pair of jeans can help enhance certain areas that you want to flaunt while drawing attention away from certain areas you would rather not showcase. Some jeans even come with built-in control panels or padding. These little added features can help cinch or add a little something extra by giving mother nature a little bit of a boost (pun intended). A sexy pair of great fitting jeans can do amazing things for a woman's body. "What type of jeans should you wear?" you ask. Base that on your body type—what works for some will not work for others.
A pair of great-fitting jeans can hide a multitude of heinous and embarrassing problems by enhancing and contouring the positives, giving you a classy look. If you have chunky thighs, wear flare legs to balance out the top and bottom. If you have a large backside, (which, by the way, I give a big thank you to J-Lo from all us thick-boned ladies) wear higher cut jeans to keep them from sliding around, otherwise you'll be spilling out all over the place. I know this from experience. Some jeans even have a built-in minimizer on the inside tummy panel to help slim your hips and belly.
Below are a few ideas about what type of jeans look well on what type of body.
Flatter That Body
The Right Fitting Jeans for an Hourglass Figure
An hourglass figure is an absolutely beautiful sight, but not when you melt and pour that gorgeous figure into the wrong type of jeans. Most curvy women should not wear super low-rise jeans. "Why not? You ask," because we have big hips and fuller bottoms. Wear jeans that fit and flatter you, not make you appear as if you have an imaginary muffin top or introduce the world to your butt crack.
What Not to Wear
- Any pair of jeans that have the two words "Low-Rise," because pulling up your pants all day is anything but sexy.
- What some people call the "Mom" jeans, who could forget those super, colossal zippers, or the over-sized pleats very unflattering. Especially for a curvy woman, this style can add so many exaggerated pounds to your body.
- Anything skin-tight, super, tight jeans generally don't look right on any shape. If you have to lay on the bed to zip the zipper up, forget about it, ladies.
What to Wear
- Jeans with a natural waistline always flatter a curvy body, they are more comfortable too.
- Boot-cut or flare-leg jeans, they help balance out a full bottom, they always look amazing on a curvy body type.
- Skinny jeans look wonderful on a curvy body as well but make sure they are the curvy-fit kind. They tend to be a little wider in the thigh area and have more pull to them, to keep them from looking too tight.
Dress your curvy body in the right pair of great fitting jeans, to enhance your natural God-given shape.
Hug Your Assets
Flattering Jeans for a Pear Shape
A pear shape is just as beautiful as an hourglass shape, but it can be a hard shape to find great fitting jeans for unless you know what you are looking for. The waist seems to always fit loose or the backside too tight. By wearing the right kind of jeans for your bountiful assets, you could end the constant battle of finding the right fit.
What Not to Wear
- Anything low cut is not going to fit, if you are spilling out you should not be wearing it, nobody wants to see your goodies.
- Jeans with a very relaxed fit, this style is so unflattering for a pear-shaped figure. It adds extra bulk to the thighs and legs, which make them appear much larger than they are.
- Natural waistline pants can be quite an odd fit for a pear shape because their waist is usually a lot smaller than their derriere.
What to Wear
- Skinny jeans with a curvy fit and pretty embellished pockets look incredible on a pear shape; the extra details enhance their assets very nicely.
- Flare-legged jeans help balance out the fullness of the backside of a pear shape and make their thighs appear smaller.
- Jeans with a higher waist are a better fit for a pear shape; the highness of the waistline leaves some room for the derriere.
Do you like Flare-legs, or skinny jeans?
Enhance What You Got
Find the Right Fit for a Straight shape
This is a very elegant body type which, when clothed in the right pair of great fitting jeans, can be stunning. A person with a straight body type should focus on the right fit and stay away from jeans that are bulky or too big. Wearing too big of a size for a straight shape can look very unflattering.
What Not to Wear
- Never wear jeans that have a super large flare, this is way too much bulk for your petite frame.
- Anything with too high of a waist can make your derriere appear as if it is board flat.
- Anything relaxed-fit or wearing too big of a size can make your jeans appear as if you're floating in them.
What to Wear
- Low waist jeans look awesome on a straight shape, it adds the illusion of having slight subtle curves without being too overpowering for your small frame.
- Regular-fit skinny jeans look awesome as well, anything that hugs and fits gives the illusion of added curves.
All jeans are not created equally, a good pair of jeans can last for years. Some great brands I recommend you try out for yourself are Lee's, Seven 7 For all Mankind, and Level Eight.
All body types are beautiful, but make sure to pick the right fitting jeans for your body type, enhance the positive's and be comfortable.
Questions & Answers
© 2012 Mary