Throw Away your “Fat” Jeans And Get Plus Size Jeans That Fit Your Sexy Curves
Throw away all your “fat” jeans and get some plus size jeans that really control and enhance your curves to give you that sexy look that will make your skinny neighbour green with envy.
Plus Size Jeans That Fit, There Is A Jean For Every Shape
Finding the Best Jeans for Women Step By Step
Wearing plus size clothes does not mean that you cannot wear a pair of good fitting jeans. Like with any other plus size clothes the secret of finding jeans that fit is in knowing which are the best jeans cut to suit your body shape, to enhance your good points and skimp over your trouble areas. A good pair of jeans should lengthen your legs, slim your figure, hug your curves (or create the illusion of having them) and more important than anything else, a good pair of jeans should be comfortable to wear. Is that too much to ask for?
We all have different body shapes regardless of how big or little we are so it should not be a surprise that “off-the hanger” clothes do not always fit properly. Unfortunately not all of us can afford a personal tailor to make a made-to-measure wardrobe for us, so we need to invest a lot of time trying to find the correct cut to fit our body shape. Fortunately for us, once you know your body, the areas you want to enhance and the ones you prefer to hide you only need to follow a few rules to make shopping for clothes a delight rather than an unwanted task.
First of all Find Your Body Shape
Find Out Your Body Shape Then Get Fashion Tips For Your Shape
Step One: Find out Your Body Shape
To start, you will need to be ruthless with yourself. Place yourself naked in front of a full length mirror and study your body shape. If you have any doubts take up your measures with a measuring tape and draw a silhouette of yourself in a piece of paper. Sometimes we see defaults where there are none, drawing a scaled silhouette of yourself in a piece of paper will give you a non-biased idea of your real body-shape.
Know Your Cuts To See Wich One fits Best Your Body Shape
Once you have determined your body shape you can start working with the list below.
Best Jeans For Hourglass Shape Women
Do you have an Hourglass Body Shape? Well, you are lucky, this is considered the ideal body shape. The typical hourglass shaped woman has almost the same width for shoulders and hips with a well-defined waist. The hourglass woman has a rounded well-defined butt and bust.
To emphasize your curves, if you are hourglass shaped you will need jeans offering a good fit at the waist and hips, wearing anything that wraps snugly around the thinnest part of your waist will make stand out your perfect proportions. This is often achieved with stretch fabrics that adapt to your curves cinching your waist and hugging your hips.
Jeans you can wear if you have an hourglass figure:
- Flared jeans to balance out hips and thighs.
- Levi's Bold Curve jeans that adjust snugly at the waist.
- Jeans from the Little in the middle brand which also allow for wide hips and a thinner waist.
- Skinny jeans will emphasize your curves BUT they can also make you look shorter, so to balance this you will need to pair your skinny jeans with high heels (like the model on the right)
- If you have an hourglass body shape but you have a bit of a muffin top; high waist jeans (like the ones on the right) are the best solution for your figure.
- Stay away from belts or detailing such as pockets around the hips or bum, it will just add bulk.
High Waist Jeans to Conceal a Muffin Top
A Guide To Getting Jeans That Fit Pear Shape
Classic bootcut jean with a contoured waistband to prevent gapping at the waist
The Levi's Women's Plus Defined Waist Boot Cut 580 Jean curves right along with you through the hips and waist
Best jeans for Pear shape/ Triangle Shape women
The triangle shaped lady has shoulders narrower than her hips with a defined waist.
If you have a pear shape body, you should look for dark shade jeans or wear your jeans with light colour tops to balance your figure.
Things to avoid if you are pear shape:
- Avoid baggy jeans, they will only make you look bigger than what you are.
- Avoid horizontal fading which will give the impression of wider areas.
- Beware of pockets spaced too far apart — they'll broaden any butt
Best Jeans For Inverted Triangle Figures
The inverted triangle lady has her shoulders wider than her hips and her waist is NOT very defined. To balance your figure you need to draw attention away from your upper body. You can achieve this by:
- Wearing jeans with ornaments at the pockets to bring attention to your butt.
- Light coloured jeans will also bring attention to your lower body.
- You can wear low rise jeans to elongate your torso.
Embellish Pockets to Create Rounder Buttocks
Best Jeans To Fit A Rectangle Shape
The rectangle lady is basically equally big up and down. Shoulders are almost the same width as hips and the waist has little definition. Having a straight plus size figure can make it very difficult to find a good fitting pair of jeans.
Create The Illusion Of A Curvier Figure
If you are rectangle shaped, you should aim to create the illusion of a curvier smoother figure. To achieve the illusion of a curvier silhouette, you should look for slightly flared cut jeans tight on hips and butt. The flare will balance out the tight fitting at the hips giving you a more harmonious figure.
If possible go for “cheating-pockets” like the ones from the salsa collection, slightly rounded, which give the illusion of a rounder butt.
If you have a rectangle shape silhouette you are in luck for this season’s bright colours. You can wear skinny coloured jeans preferably with a relatively nipped at the waist top.
To visually create a waistline you can wear your jeans with a thick belt to create more definition.
To summarize, if you have a rectangle shape body, the best jeans to fit your silhouette are:
- Skinny jeans
- Coloured jeans
- Flared cut jeans tight at the hip and bottom.
- Jeans with details (buttons, embroidery, sequin) on the hips and bottom to highlight hips and butt.
I Swear By The Salsa Jeans To Create A Perky Butt
Salsa Jeans, Notice How The Shape Of The Pockets Give The Impression Of A Rounder Butt
Best Jeans To Fit An Oval/Apple Shape Body
The oval shaped lady has a full undefined waist with shoulders of equal width than her hips. The torso is rounded and very often the bust is very large. Most of the weight is concentrated between shoulders and hips giving an overall round shape.
Oval shape ladies should look for:
- Dark coloured jeans.
- Jeans with push in effect to hold in the belly.
- High waist jeans to avoid unsightly bumps and also give a more defined waistline.
- Look for plus size jeans with a wide waistband which works well holding in the stomach or go for jeans with “tummy control”.
- Boot cut jeans that fit well at the waist and are relaxed at the hips equilibrate an oval shape.
- One of My favourite brands for a slim effect comes from the Salsa collection, it is the jean secret salsa for women and it has a triple thinning effect.
- Avoid 100% stretch fabrics, and give preference to at least 90% cotton and 10% stretch fabric. A good strong denim will have a better hold of your body.
High Waist Plus Size Jean
How To Find Jeans That Fit
Genius Fit skinny jean
My Favorite Pair Of Plus Size Skinny Jeans
I am one for the skinny look, paired up with high heels and a flattering top; it can take you anywhere from the office, a drink out with the girls to a romantic dinner. So, for a flattering fit that stays true to your shape and doesn't stretches out with use, the skinny jeans from Lane Bryant -on the right- are the perfect investment. They are ultra trendy and curve-hugging and what's more, they come in two lengths which means that my legs won't drawn in the length of an ordinary pair of jeans. Wear them with your favorite top and killer heels for a fashion-forward ensemble. They also look great with biker's boots for a wilder look
- Celebrate Your Curves: Finding jeans that fit
Tips to solve your "jeans-fitting" problems.
Elle Magazine Jeans Feature
Questions & Answers
© 2013 Wendy Iturrizaga