Meredith is a collector of lingerie. She's determined to help every woman in her quest to find the perfect undergarments.
The Best Plus-Size Strapless Bras
For well-endowed women, bra shopping can be a real challenge, especially when it comes to strapless ones. Whether you are dressing for a special evening out or a regular day at work, the last thing you want is to feel uncomfortable, unsupported, or—worst of all—petrified that one of the girls is going to pop out. Often, women with large breasts, whether petite or plus size, believe there is no suitable strapless bra for their size. Yet they are an essential part of any woman’s wardrobe and definitely allows the most versatile wear.
Luckily, there are some truly amazing options out there—many designed to fit best with cup sizes C, D, DD, and up. You’ll be impressed at the comfort and support they offer, even for large busts. I’ve compiled a short list of the very best; hopefully, there’s one here for you.
I should note here that each of these below options are convertible, meaning that it comes with straps which you can attach if you desire. This allows you to wear it in different ways.
Let’s get to it!
As with any other type of garment, sizing can differ greatly from one brand to another, and even from one style to another within a brand. Sometimes it’s a guessing game to figure out which size is best in a strapless bra. Plus, different manufacturers work with different size charts—UK makers, for example, use the cup size F to denote the same size American makers call DDD.
When trying on a strapless bra, especially for larger breasts, it's best to lean forward and adjust your bust so that the girls are sitting correctly in each cup. Then, stand up. This way you will get the most accurate idea of how well it fits.
- The best thing to do when trying to figure out the correct size is to make sure you know your measurements. Then, compare them to each manufacturer’s sizing guidelines carefully.
- Also remember, if you order online, you can always return them if they don’t fit. So, when in doubt, it’s worthwhile to order two sizes to try.
1. Wacoal’s Red Carpet
If you’re looking for a strapless bra for D or DD cup that won’t let you down (pun intended), consider the Red Carpet Full Figure by Wacoal.
This bra consistently gets the best reviews, with the general consensus being, "I can’t believe how well it stayed up, and how comfortable it was!"
- The material is seamless and matte, so it will be smooth and invisible under any outfit.
- The main features of this Wacoal are designed for comfort and staying put. The underwire support is cushioned by well-designed padding, which makes it extremely comfortable to wear, even for a long day.
- For staying power, the bra is lined with silicone around the band and also at the top of the cups, gripping the skin without creating sweat.
- Larger-breasted women will appreciate the extra boning on the backside, creating extra support and distributing the weight of the bust.
- It comes in black, nude, ivory, and cappuccino. A nice set of options for women of all skin tones.
This is your best option for those special events where you need to be comfortable and assured that your C, D, DD cup or larger breasts will be supported and looking their best.
The Wonderbra Ultimate Strapless Bra is great for two things:
Read More From Bellatory
- Lower-cut necklines
- Displaying your assets in a tasteful manner
- This bra is a sweetheart style, meaning that it dips lower in the center band, which makes it very versatile for all kinds of dresses.
- It is comfortable, too; many women find it even better than a regular bra.
- It reviews well and stays put, no matter what. It features grippy lining around the band to help avoid slippage, and has a three-hook closure at the back, offering plenty of support.
- This is a great strapless bra for C and D cups in particular, and many reviews prove that even women with larger bust sizes than that love this style.
3. Longline Style (Bustier Option)
If you’re dressing for an occasion and you want the girls to be looking their finest, consider a bustier option rather than a strapless bra. This style is also known as a longline and is among the best for support, offering plenty of one crucial thing: boning. Boning is what helps this bra to defy gravity.
- Having a bustier style also gives you more shaping through the upper body. This is great if your dress style is nipped in at the waist.
- It's also very secure—one review described it as a fortress, so you can be sure the girls are going to stay put!
- One thing to consider with this one is that both the cup and the center provide expansive coverage, coming up quite high on the breast. This may be an issue depending on the cut of your dress or tops. As well, this bra is a lacy material, which is sexy but may create lines underneath a silky material. Keep those things in mind.
Overall, The Goddess is a sturdy, dependable strapless bra, made to handle any large bust, and it’s sexy— perfect if you want to feel a little luxury underneath your best outfit.
4. Le Mystere's Soiree
The Soiree, by Le Mystere, offers the whole package—it’s attractive, holds things where they are supposed to be and won’t slip down thanks to a silicone component in the band.
Reviews of this strapless number report that this works very well, and does not slip even after many hours of wear.
One thing I really like about this bra is the back band. It is nice and wide, which is supportive and secure but has the added bonus of making a smooth appearance from the back. It’s a nice feature that isn’t always present, even on some of the best strapless bras for larger breasts.
- The cups on this bra offer a little wider coverage than similar bras like the red carpet—something to consider when planning your outfit.
- Also keep in mind that the sizes listed are actually European sizes, which are slightly different from those for North America. The bust sizes for this strapless bra are smaller than you’re used to, so keep that in mind, best to size up on both cup size plus the band when you order.
5. Lilyette’s Tailored Strapless
I’ve saved the best for last: meet the Lilyette Tailored Strapless, your ideal bra. This one has it all; it is extremely comfortable, unfailingly supportive, and is definitely going to keep your girls in line.
- This bra is specifically designed to reign in your bust—it is called a "minimizer" for that reason. This is great if you are at all self-conscious about your chest, and even better for making sure your breasts won’t move or bounce. However, it still manages to do this while providing lift and separation.
- This one offers a nice, wideband, which has a smoothing effect. Also, four hooks at the back closure add security to your outfit. Best of all, it is comfortable. So comfortable, in fact, that many reviewers call it their go-to for everyday wear, whether or not strapless is required.
You’ll wear it anywhere; trust me, this is the ultimate strapless bra for large breasts.
The Best Strapless Bra for Your Size Can Be Found!
I hope this has been helpful in outlining some of the best options for your breasts. Although it can take some searching to find the right one, it’s a worthwhile investment for your wardrobe, your confidence, and your back. Once you find the perfect fit, take my advice and buy three more.
Now I’d love to hear from you. Do you have a favorite strapless bra? Do you find it challenging to find a comfortable one that fits? Perhaps you have sizing tips to offer? Please share in the comments. Thanks for reading!
Jennifer Saylor from USA on January 18, 2018:
Wearing off shoulder is a trend these days. To wear it perfectly, a supportive bra is really essential. Though many of us don't know the right size and thus unable to pick it well. Thanks to this post for such amazing guide. I am sure it will help to get the shape.
April on April 21, 2017:
I got two cups in Ross I love my girls I got a couple I am very lucky I'm a feminine woman and a girl
Meredith (author) from The Fitting Room on February 27, 2015:
Sia from United Kingdom on February 25, 2015:
Very useful article!