The Top 6 Websites to Shop for Bridesmaid Dresses
The Search Begins
In the year leading up to my wedding, I attempted to make myself an expert in everything wedding-related.
One of my goals as a bride was to find the perfect bridesmaid dress that would flatter each girl and it had to be my favorite color: purple.
Throughout my searching, I discovered one thing . . . there are so many choices! While hunting for that perfect bridesmaid dress, I've discovered that there are some websites out there that make it a bit easier to envision the color scheme I was looking for.
I've also found that while browsing, a dress that wouldn't normally catch my eye in another color, is absolutely beautiful in my favorite color.
Certain websites have a feature that allow a bride to click on the color of her choice which in turn changes the dress that color, making it much easier to make decisions between different shades of colors and also to picture what the dress would really look like.
The best part about this list is that most bridal shops carry these designers so it is possible for the bride to have an idea of what she likes before the actual shopping begins!
My Top 6 Bridesmaid Dress Shopping Websites
Below, I have compiled a list of bridesmaid dress designers who provide a website with the color changing feature. These are by no means all of the websites out there, but these are the ones I've found the most helpful and user-friendly.
I have arranged these websites in order by how user friendly they are, however, I will also note the other features of the websites that can sometimes make up for a bad web design.
Overall, I do like all of these websites as the color-changing feature they all offer is a huge advantage. I encourage brides and bridesmaids alike to check out all of the websites and hopefully they will help you get one step closer to finding the perfect dress for your big day.
1. Alexia Designs
Alexia Designs is my favorite website for bridesmaid dress shopping. The huge selection offered with three collections is one of the many perks. This website takes the cake when it comes to user friendliness.
- Awesome color-changing feature! This feature allows you to test out different colors on dresses you love. Certain colors can really make a dress look different in a good or bad way, so I felt this was important.
- Color-specific. When you choose a certain color, only the dresses that are available in that specific color pop up. I loved this feature because that meant I wouldn't get my heart set on a dress that didn't come in the right hue.
- HUGE Selection. Alexia Designs has 3 huge collections with so many different styles to choose from. I'm a girl who loves to have options and lots of them!
Dessy offers the biggest selection of dresses by far. There are six collections to view with a style and look for just about everyone.
The website is pretty user friendly as well. There is no "view all" feature, however, you can view 18 dresses at a time, so it's not a huge draw back.
- Enormous selection. Dessy boasts six different collections of dresses with styles from conservative to less formal.
- Search refinement. The search tool on this website is amazing. You can narrow your search by dress length, neckline, detailing, silhouette, sleeve length, and fabric. I loved this feature since I knew I wanted a shorter dress for my bridesmaids. Very helpful.
- Color family search. Searching by color family allows all dresses in each specific color family to pop up. Then, each dress will list each of the different shades of that color available, specific to that particular dress. You may discover a shade or color you never considered before!
3. Moonlight Bridal
Moonlight Bridal has a great overall website when it comes to the bridesmaid dress search.
There are two collections to choose from, depending on what style you're looking for. The collections are pretty small, but there is a lot of variety.
4. Bari Jay
Bari Jay's website is not my favorite when it comes to being user friendly, specifically because there is not a "view all" option, however, the designer does have some very modern and unique styles available.
There is also a decent range of colors available.
5. Jasmine Bridal
Jasmine Bridal offers three different collections when it comes to bridesmaid dresses. I love the amount of variety offered when it comes to dress selection and I love the styles as well.
This designer offers my favorite styles.
Watters provides two collections to choose from. However, I would rate this website low on color selection and user friendliness.
There is no "view all" feature, so that leaves the shopper clicking from dress to dress, one by one.