Different Types of Women Body Figures
Women body figures
Most ladies are never satisfied with their body shapes. It is not uncommon to see women complaining about their body shapes and sizes. Sometimes, they wish they looked slimmer, fatter, shorter, or taller. Ok ladies, you are beautiful and wonderfully made the way you are, so stop complaining.
We are all unique in our own special way. It is just the ability to choose the right things to wear that could make you adore your own body figure. There are six women body figures used in general and each of them have their various characteristics.
Types of women shapes/figures
1.Triangle /Pear body figure: A female with this shape has a round, heavy bottom with a defined waist but hip size are always wider than the bust and shoulders. Short legs with full thigh are common characteristics.
2. Inverted triangle body figure: A woman with this shape has broader shoulders, a large bust, narrow hips, slim legs, flat bottom. Fat is mainly distributed in the abdomen, chest, and face.
3. Rectangle/ figure(straight): A female with this figure has a boyish look with small/medium bust, slender arms and legs. Most times, the hip has the same width as the waist and also emphasizing a flat bottom.
4. Hourglass Figure is a curvy female with the hips and bust of the same width which emphasizes a defined waist
5. Diamond figure has an undefined waist with a large and high stomach. The female may also have full or flat bottom.
6. Rounded /Oval figure has an overall appearance of being round especially around the waist region, the stomach are large, the hips are wide, and upper thighs are full. The bottom could be full or flat.
Fashions for various female figures/shapes
1. For triangular shaped women, your style aim is to balance her top half to bottom half by creating the appearance of a wider upper body.
Do wear accessories and designs to draw attention to your upper body, Short-sleeved tops, Shoulder pads to broaden your shoulder, medium to high necklines, garments to emphasize your waist, skirts and dresses that are straight or slightly flared, Low rise pants to avoid gaping at the waist, boot leg and straight pants
Avoid baggy garments and garments that add bulk to your hips. Hems or design lines at hip-line will only add more size to your hips .Pleats skirts or pants are wrong choice of clothes.
2.For you to dress to flatter your inverted triangle body shape, your main style aims are to create the illusion of the perfect hourglass body shape by balancing your lower body to your upper body and to draw attention away from your upper body.
DO wear flowing fabrics, V necklines, Three-quarter length sleeves, well-adjusted bra, tops and dresses that flow through the waist, A-line skirts, and flared pants. Wear skirts with satin,denim and tweed fabrics because they create interest to your lower body.
Avoid wearing bulky fabrics and styles that will emphasize your shoulders, high necklines, big collars shirts, tapered skirts and pants.
3. For a rectangular shaped woman, your main style aims are to add curves by defining your shoulder, hips and your waist. Do wear shoulder pads to emphasize your shoulders and give you a feminine body figure but please don’t do it in excess. Wear semi-fitted clothes. Wear short-sleeves and sleeve-less tops and dresses if you don’t have a very small upper arm. Wear medium to high necklines dresses, dresses that wrap or flow through the waistline. Straight to gently flared flat-fronted pants and A-line shirts.
Don't wear clingy fabrics and fitted clothes because they will make you look very straight, Low necklines will emphasis your flat bust so avoid them, Baggy tops and Baggy pants are not good choice. Narrow skirts with emphasis your flat bottom so are not flattering so avoid them.
4. Hourglass: Your main style aims are to emphasize your curves, especially your waist, without adding bulk.Do wearfitted and semi-fitted clothes, Soft, clingy, flowing fabrics,Low to medium-low necklines, Dresses with defined waistlines,Straight and gently flared pants,Straight and gently flared shirts, Accessories your waist with belt to flatter your figure. Wear anything comfortable for you
Don't wear bulky, fabrics, Baggy styles because they will hide your figure.
5. Rounded/oval shaped women's main style aims are to draw attention upwards towards your shoulders and face. Do wear ear-rings, necklaces and other focal points designed to draw an observer's eyes up towards your shoulders and face. Semi-fitted and loose fitting clothing’s, very fitted bras and support under wear to minimise your stomach. Tops and bottoms in the same colours are better worn, Low necklines, Un-tucked tops that does not emphasis the rounded stomach. Tops and dresses that flow through the waistline. Straight pants in soft, flowing fabric are good choice
Don't wear clingy fabrics, tight fitted clothes, fabric with large patterns, High necklines, Tucked-in tops, Pleats skirts because they add more volume to your figure.
6.Diamond shaped female's main style aims are to create the illusion of a longer, inverted triangle body shape and to draw attention upwards towards their shoulders and face.
Do wear ear-rings, necklaces and other focal points designed to draw an observer's eyes up towards your shoulders and face .Wear Semi-fitted and loose fitting clothes, Good fitting and well-adjusted bras and support underwear.
Tops and bottoms in the same colours, Low necklines, Un-tucked tops, Tops and dresses that flow through the waistline, Straight flat-fronted pants in soft, flowing fabric, Straight and slightly flared skirts
Don't wear clingy fabrics, Fitted clothes, fabric with large patterns. High necklines, Belts, Tucked-in tops, Pleats, Narrow or tapered skirts/pants