I am a property manager in Little Rock, AR. I enjoy writing about various topics that I think may be helpful to others.
5 Ways To Look Put Together
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We all have different styles and ideas of what beauty is. For some people it's being blonde, tall and thin. For others it may be being short, curvy and with hot pink hair. None of that matters as long as you are happy and confident. With that being said, there are certain things anyone can do, regardless of their personal style that will make you feel more confident. Here are 5 ways to look more put together.
1. Make Your Eyes Pop
Your eyes are the window to your soul. Whatever your style is, making them stand out can really make you stand out in a room. It also will automatically make you seem more confident because people equate eyes to confidence. Whether you want to do a nude eye or a fun, bright-colored lid, both are fine options as long as you do the following three things.
1. Use a good volume mascara. Mascara makes your eyes look bigger, lashes look fuller, and because of all the different types and colors you can choose from, it can help you to look sexy, sophisticated, or trendy, just depending on your mood.
2. Curl your eyelashes. Curling your lashes is one of the quickest ways to make you look more awake and thus put together. Finding a good eyelash curler is an easy and super cheap way to brighten your eyes by lifting the lashes.
3. Don't forget your eyebrows! It really wasn't until a few years ago that people really started taking care of their eyebrows. Having groomed, proportionate brows that are filled in do wonders for making you look more awake, put together, and just overall feel confident. The reason being is that your brows frame your eyes, and having more symmetrical brows, makes your face overall more appealing to look at. If you are new to getting your eyebrows done, I don't recommend making a drastic change at once. Maybe start by lightly tweezing or filling in your brows with a slightly darker color than your natural hair color. You can find many tutorials on TikTok, Instagram, or YouTube, or you can go to a professional nearby. Just make sure you research their work. The different ways you can work on your eyebrows are:
- Microblading (for a more permanent look)
- Filling in with an eyebrow pencil.
2. Wear Heels
Wearing heels is such a simple way to make you look more put together. Whether you're wearing heels with jeans and a t-shirt, a sundress, or a skirt and crop top, heels can be worn with most outfits and quickly make you look more confident and attractive.
Some of the benefits of wearing heels are:
- It makes you taller.
- It makes your butt look perkier.
- It can make you look thinner by elongating your body.
- Studies have shown that women who wear heels that fit and are comfortable instantly feeling more confident.
If you hate wearing heels, don't. Of course, you won't be more confident in something that makes you uncomfortable. However, if you don't wear heels very often, I suggest giving it a try and seeing if you feel more polished and put together. There are so many different heights, styles, and colors that you could definitely find something that fits your personality and makes you feel powerful and sexy.
3. Wear Solid Colors
Wearing solid colors is an easy way to look more put together. While there is nothing wrong with patterns or fun designs, I highly recommend wearing solid colors if your goal is to look more polished. That typically gives you a look that appears less chaotic.
When you have stripes, flowers, or chevron, your eyes tend to gravitate towards the pattern. When you are wearing solid colors, however, people are more focused on you as a person.
4. Keep Jewelry Simple
Jewelry is an easy and fun way to complete any look. However, too much jewelry can be distracting and actually cheapen your look. One mistake many people make is wearing earrings, a necklace, a ring, and a bracelet all at the same time. While that look may be ok sometimes, as a general rule, if you're trying to look more put together, less is more. Having every type of jewelry on, unless done correctly, can look chaotic.
If you're wearing bold statement earrings, either don't wear a necklace or make sure it's very simple or dainty. If you're wearing a ring, skip the bracelet. Make sure not to mix metal colors or types of stones as well.
5. Wear Your Favorite Fragrance
Wearing perfume can boost your confidence, make you seem more attractive to others, and can be a natural aphrodisiac.
Some scents that are known to attract other people are:
- Rose oil
Find a scent that you love that isn't super overwhelming. You'll be sure to get compliments!
Muntzirmehdi from Mianchannu Punjab Pakistan on August 04, 2021:
Very interesting article