I enjoy learning new things and sharing them through my writing. One of my favorite topics is natural health and beauty.
Damaged Hair Disaster
I recently found myself in a situation that left me with super damaged hair—we're talking about a double-processed brassy blonde with major fallout kind of situation. I, like many before me, went through some major life changes and thought it would be a great idea to try something spontaneous and new. I picked up an inexpensive box of hair dye at the nearest grocery store and quickly found someone to help me. I went from well-maintained platinum blonde to deep burgundy in about two hours.
It was actually pretty great until it wasn't. About three days after dying my hair, the color had already faded from a sultry deep burgundy shade to a rusty red with some blonde starting to come through. I actually preferred the lighter red color, but I discovered the upkeep was going to be both time-consuming and expensive.
I just wanted to go back to my former blonde self. Little did I know that removing the red from my hair was going to be a four-hour process that would leave my hair significantly damaged. The good news was that my hair was blonde again and I knew with some time and the right products, I could have healthy hair again.
The Good Stuff
I knew I needed to start deep conditioning regularly to improve the health of my hair. I had already spent quite a bit of money removing the box dye, so I decided to try out the least expensive option which happened to be the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle deep conditioner. This is what I liked about it.
Read More From Bellatory
- It was so inexpensive compared to other brands. It was the only deep conditioner under $5 that wasn't a single-use conditioning treatment.
- It smells great. I happen to love the smell of pretty much all the Aussie products I have used in the past, and this one was no different. The smell actually lasts throughout the day.
- I could see a difference in the health of my hair after one use.
- It only takes three minutes which makes it the fastest deep conditioner I have ever used.
- After the first use, my hair was softer and easier to brush, and my split ends were less noticeable.
The Bad Stuff
The low cost and quick results quickly impressed me at first. Over time, however, I discovered there were some things I didn't like so much.
- The results didn't last long and my hair returned to its hay-like texture over the next day or two.
- I continued to have breakage after using this product.
- After about 10–15 days of using it every 3 days, it didn't do much more than my daily conditioner.
The results were great initially, but they were not that significant and eventually stopped working altogether. I don't think this product is meant for long-term use.
Some Things to Consider
Hair products work differently on different kinds of hair. My hair is naturally fine and wispy. It gets oily pretty quickly. At the time when I tried this deep conditioner, my hair had been bleached and toned 2 times. I had no significant hair loss, but I did have a lot of breakages and without heat styling, it looked fuzzy when dry. Someone with less damage or a different hair type may get better results than I did while using this product.
The Aussie 3 Minute Miracle wasn't so miraculous after all. The deep conditioner is affordable, smells great, and gets results quickly. It is by far the fastest and least expensive product I have used. However, the results do not last and I only saw a small amount of improvement in the health of my hair. After two weeks, I decided to try something else altogether. I would compare the results of the 3 Minute Miracle to the results of a single-use hair mask. It's a good short-term solution, but if you are in serious need of hair repair this product is probably not what you are looking for.
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Not so Miraculous
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.