I love discovering and sharing DIY beauty tips, especially all-natural solutions that you can easily make at home.
Is your hair damaged due to heat styling, sun exposure, harsh chemicals in shampoo, and swimming pools? Then you definitely need a deeply moisturizing hair treatment to naturally return the shine back to your hair, repair dull strands and split ends as well as nourish your hair with fresh nutrients. This banana olive oil hair mask is a simple, homemade remedy that is full of nutrients, as shown below.
How to Make a Banana and Olive Oil Hair Mask
It's simple really, you only need banana and olive oil to make this amazing hair mask for damaged locks. It's important to combine the ingredients thoroughly for best results. The banana should be blended into a smooth puree with no lumps. Use this hair mask once a week to restore damaged hair back to its former lustre. You can store excess hair mask for up to a week in the refrigerator, but if its starts smelling funky, throw it away.
|Ingredient||Benefits for Hair|
Hydrates and moisturizes dull, damaged and dry hair, rich in vitamins and minerals like potassium, which strengthen dull looks, balances pH of scalp.
Oldest pressed oil known to mankind, rich in healthy fats and vitamin E, which makes hair sleek and shiny, deeply conditions, hydrates and moisturizes hair locks. Heals breaking hair and split ends.
Ingredients in Hair Mask
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions to Prepare Mask
- Get your ripe banana and extra virgin olive oil ready.
- Now into a blender, throw in your ripe banana (roughly chopped) and grind to a smooth, lump-free puree. This is crucial because you do not want to end up with lumps in your hair.
- Open up the blender and add your olive oil into the pureed banana. Give it another whirl in the blender. You will now have a really frothy and creamy hair mask that smells absolutely divine!
- Your banana olive oil hair mask is now ready for application. Get into the shower, wet your hair and use your fingers to apply the hair mask evenly through your hair strands and scalp as well. Allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse off thoroughly to reveal hydrated and conditioned, shiny hair!
- Make sure you wet your hair evenly before applying the hair mask as this will make the mask stick to your hair better as well as make it easy to apply.
- Use a shower cap to prevent the mask from dripping onto your body or clothes. This way, you can be moving around the house doing chores, etc., and keeping the mask on for up to 30 minutes too!
- Always choose fresh and preferably organic ingredients to apply to your skin and hair for long-lasting beauty until old age.
Find Out How Bananas Can Help You Achieve Glowing Beauty
Treat Your Hair to Some Luxurious Homemade Hair Care!
- 3 Homemade and Natural DIY Hair Masks for Frizzy Hair
Got frizzy hair and want to stay away from harsh chemical hair products? Try these DIY hair masks for frizzy hair with cheap and effective ingredients from your own kitchen/pantry! Works better!
- DIY: Top 5 Easy Homemade Hair Mask Recipes for Beautiful Hair
Top five nutritious DIY homemade hair masks that are super easy to make! Using organic and natural kitchen ingredients will ensure your hair becomes healthier with a natural sheen!
- DIY Hair Care: Best Hair Masks for Dry Hair
Discover 3 different hair masks for dry hair with intense action for moisturizing, hydrating and nourishing hair follicles from within, all with natural ingredients from your kitchen!
- Avocado and Egg Yolk Hair Mask for Growth and Conditioning
Want thick, voluminous hair? Want your hair to grow faster? Want to condition your locks without the harsh chemicals? Well, this avocado-egg yolk hair mask does it all!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
elle on June 04, 2020:
i tried this on my dry, frizzy, bleach damaged hair and it definitely feels healthier! its considerably softer and less frizzy. the only downside was getting the banana out of my hair. i was still brushing out banana bits long afterwards lol i never wanna eat, smell, touch, or see another banana again.
Read More From Bellatory
Ash on June 04, 2020:
Do I was with regular shampoo and conditioner after the mask? Or just wear the mask for 30 and then rinse?
Hazel on January 26, 2020:
I was just wondering how long you could keep the mask untill you have to use it?? X
Hannah on July 05, 2019:
I find that this mask is quite hard to wash out and I couldn't wash all of it out. There were still some bits of banana left in my hair. Do you have any tips to help wash it out better? I shampooed and conditioned thoroughly.
nata on May 09, 2018:
i really felt that this mask was much helpful even for my 8 year old one.She has very bad hairfall but not now.Just 2 times a week,5 weeks minimum 3 months approx.
tanya on August 01, 2016:
The Shielo Intensive Hair mask is great like @aestheticx said. I have really hard water and it seems to be the only one that works. My hair is soft again. Be careful of HARD WATER!
sara on April 12, 2016:
You know that hair fall is normal matter for every man and woman, but excess hair fall is bad for life, it makes our life unhappy. But if you take some step for that then you can get good results for your problem
Ruchi Urvashi from Singapore on May 14, 2014:
Beautiful pictures and well written, nice recipe for hair mask.
Johnd484 on May 02, 2014:
An attentiongrabbing dialogue is worth comment. I believe that you must write extra on this subject, it won't be a taboo topic but typically persons are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers geeddaegeaed
Carlon Michelle from USA on April 29, 2014:
This was well researched and interesting. The images were beautiful. Thanks for presenting such good information in a lovely manner.
Ashraf hassan from United States on April 28, 2014:
very good idea