I am a fashionista trained in fashion buying and fashion design.
Get Your Locks School-Ready!
The first day back to school is really exciting, but it can make you a little nervous. They say your hair is your crowning glory, so make sure you get your locks ready to dazzle. After all, you'll have more important things to think about than having messy hair! Check out these awesome fuss-free styles.
7 Back-to-School Styles for Girls
- Side Hair Bow
- Waterfall Braid
- Fluffy Twist Into Fishtail Braid
- Messy Double Side Braid
- Little Plait, Big Plait
- Twisted Side Ponytail
- Sporty Braids
1. Side Hair Bow
This is a very pretty and super easy style to do.
- Tie your hair into a loose side ponytail.
- Grab two strands of hair from the ponytail and form them into a bow.
- Secure with a bobby pin.
2. Waterfall Braid
This is a loose French braid that wraps around the back of your head.
- Take some hair from the top of one side of your head.
- Braid the hair three times.
- When the left side is completed, drop the right strands and let them fall down the side of your head.
- Continue this process and finish with a plait at the base of your skull.
3. Fluffy Twist Into Fishtail Braid
This is a lovely boho style.
- Loosely twist hair at the crown and pin.
- Then, form a loose fishtail braid to meet the center of the crown.
4. Messy Double Side Braid
The messy double braid is a very sweet style that looks effortless. You can finish off with a bow for extra cuteness.
5. Little Plait, Big Plait
- Separate three long strands of hair.
- Braid one of the strands.
- Then, simply braid the three strands together!
6. Twisted Side Ponytail
This is a great alternative to braids and only takes minutes to do.
- Pin a small section of hair at the back of the neck.
- Twist around a headband and continue pinning at each twist.
- Finish the ponytail and wrap the remaining hair around the pony to cover the hairband.
7. Sporty Braids
Double braids are a very cute look and great for when you haven't had time to wash your hair. Besides, plaits always look better when hair isn't washed because there will be more volume.
Claudette on June 25, 2019:
serena on July 18, 2016:
these styles are good.
ezzly (author) on March 02, 2016:
Thanks Flourish :)
FlourishAnyway from USA on August 07, 2015:
I would love to experiment ugh that last hairstyle on my teen with school coming up. Cute styles!