Indian Tips and Tricks for Naturally Thick, Long, and Shiny Hair
How to Treat Your Hair the Right Way
Women in India seem to have a beauty secret. They all have wonderfully thick, long, and shimmering healthy hair that even seem to be resistant to turning gray. Strange, isn't it? My thought was that this cannot come just from good genes and a different nutrition. So I did some research.
Here are some of their secrets which you actually might know already:
- Indian women don´t wash their hair every day. Two to three times a week are enough. So the hair and the scalp have time to re-grease. The natural grease is a great protection for your hair against all bad environmental influences like too much sun, too dry air, smog, dirt and dust for example. Try it yourself. It will need some time before you and your scalp get used to it, but it is worth it.
- Your scalp will also be happy if you avoid using any hairdryer. Let your scalp and hair dry naturally in the air. You can wear a towel slung around your hair for a while so that your head does not get too cold.
- Never use brushes or combs with metal prongs, rubber material or plastic. Rather take wood products.
- In India the women do not style their hair in strict or bun hair styles. They tie their hair in a casual way with a loose band of any natural material. They usually do not use scrunchies. Special events of course require special hairstyling, but even then you should prefer to work with natural materials instead of metal, plastic or rubber products.
Secrets for Beautiful Long and Thick Hair
- I really read a lot of beauty tips for the right hair care, longer eye lashes and how to reduce and avoid wrinkles. One thing I read is to use the the moon calendar for your beauty and wellness days. Best time for your hair care are the days with moon in leo and virgo. That means you have a time window of about 4 days each month as the best time to go to your hairdresser for a new hair cut, curl stylings or to color your hair. You might find this ridiculous, but it does not cost a penny so it is worth a try. In my case it needed 2 or 3 months - but then I got compliments from people who I never expected they had an eye for me or my hair.
- Also recommendable are some vitamin tablets for hairs from your drugstore. These usually contain different vitamins plus folate, zinc and some other stuffs.
- Helpful in addition is of course the right nutrition. If you eat burgers, fries and other junk food more than once a month you should really think it over. Best supporters for your hair to grow longer and get thicker and shiny are vegetables, lots of water, salads and: Nuts!
- Indian women use certain oils for hair care. They put coconut oil into their hair for hours before they wash it again. This is like a mask. With this oil mask your hair will be protected and keep shining after you washed it out with a mild shampoo. You could also try it with olive oil - a question of which scent you prefer.
- Last not least think about your lifestyle. Meaning you know that your every-day-stress and hurry will be reflected in: You look tired, your skin looks grey, you have deep dark circles around your eyes and you feel exhausted, tired and weak. Please take more care of yourself. Take time to relax. Hold in, breathe deep and slowly until also your heart beats a little slower and reserve some time to get back into balance. The balance of your innermost is the most important for feeling well. A complete wellness day per week can work wonder. Enjoy it!
Alternative Oil Care for Your Hair
There are of course products which are great alternatives to the mentioned oil masks with Olive or Coconut oil. But these cosmetic products are mostly made of many ingredients while Coconut and Olive are pure natural and real oils. It is your choice.
Time to Relax is Very Important
Ideas for a Great Wellness Time
You really should take some time for yourself. A time away from all your duties and commitments. If you feel egoistic with that time for yourself start slowly with two hours on one day per week. To get you some ideas what you could do here my suggestions:
- Take a walk in nature - preferable at water like around a lake or along a beach or a river. Sit down there and start dreaming. You could take photos or sit down and paint. Maybe you prefer doing nothing, you simply watch the sky or the animals, let your eyes fly around - or you simply read a book.
- Go to cinema and watch films you always wanted to see. It is very intense to do this alone as you will always remember the films you watched alone.
- Meet your best friend for sitting in a coffee house, eat cakes, ice-cream and have a cup of coffee, goof around, make plans, dream together and avoid one thing: discussing problems or bad things that happened to anyone.
- Make a shopping tour - but relaxed. Even just walking through the city and watch shop windows can clear your mind, inspire you and set free new ideas.
- Time for yourself means you can do whatever you like. Start writing a diary or create a scratch book for your wellness days where you put and write in all ideas, photos, drawings, tickets, found stones and shells ...
Additional Tips for Colored Hair
In case you color your hair regularly or use conditioner each time you wash your hair you might get problems with your scalp. The consequences can be biting, itching, dandruffs or oily hair. All these can even lead to hair loss, especially when you are under stress for a while. Helpful for all these problems is the use of Baby shampoo for each hair wash. Baby shampoo is the mildest shampoo and your scalp will get better soon. The mild shampoo frees the scalp from all rests of chemicals other treatments left on your scalp.
In case your hair ends should become too dry by this treatment use the mild shampoo only for the scalp and a normal shampoo for the ends of your hair. Avoid normal shampoo and conditioner at your scalp for a while and eat more nuts but pure, without salt and other herbs. Nuts with any herbs, like salty peanuts for instance, have too much fat and will work contra productive to your goal of getting nicer hair. Most helpful are pure walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts and coconut. Further, if you want to support your body with vitamins like those of the B-Komplex, B12 for example, support the growth your hair, skin and nails.
Nuts Should Belong to Your Nutrition
Care from Inside and Outside
Beside the already mentioned oil mask there are a few other ways to care for your hair using natural products.
- Take a cup of henna powder plus 3 tablespoons of alma powder and 5-10 tablespoons of brahmi powder and mix it. Add some water until you have a nice creamy mask and put it on your hair for 30 minutes. Afterwards you clean your hair with lukewarm water. Repeat this once a week it will support the growth of your hair.
- Instead of the above mentioned oil mask you can use full-cream milk as a mask 12-24 hours before you wash your hair the next time. Milk has the habit to calm your scalp and reduce scurfs.
- Instead of eating snacks and chips you should eat nuts, cashews and coconut. All these have special vitamins and oils which work miracles for your hair, skin and nails.