How to Make Your Own Hair Gel
Easy Homemade Hair Gel Recipes
You can make hair gel at home with very little expense. It’s also a fun activity because you can personalize the fragrance of your hair gel to match your favorite scents. Natural hair gel is a wonderful alternative to store-bought products because it doesn’t contain harmful chemical ingredients. It’s suitable for even the most sensitive skin and it works very well: homemade gel will give a stronghold, nourish hair, and also combat frizz.
1. Gelatin Hair Gel Recipe
- ½ tsp unflavored Gelatin
- ½ cup warm water
- Container for storing the gel
Gelatin hair gel is an excellent choice for styling your hair because gelatin contains keratin which is known to strengthen hair and improve the hair’s overall health. Many companies insert keratin into their hair products to improve the overall look and feel of hair.
To Make Gelatin Hair Gel
- Warm half a cup of water in a pot or in the microwave.
- Take a small container that is suitable for liquids and pour the water into the container.
- Take about ½ cup of unflavoured gelatin and pour it into the warm water. Mix it well. The best part of making your own gelatin-based hair gel is you can choose a scent and customize your fragrance.
- Add some essential oils to create a scent for your hair gel, such as lavender oil, peppermint oil, or rosemary.
- Store the hair gel in the fridge for several hours until the consistency is thick and jelly-like. You can add or subtract gelatin to the mixture to make your homemade hair gel a thicker or thinner consistency.
This gel should last for up to two weeks but make sure to store it in the fridge.
2. Aloe Vera Hair Gel Recipe
Aloe Vera is another ingredient that is great for hair; it’s useful for reducing dryness and itchiness associated with dandruff. It also makes hair stronger and less brittle and it can improve hair growth. Just like the keratin found in gelatin, Aloe Vera nourishes your hair to make it healthier and shinier. It also works very well as a hair styling product. You can buy aloe Vera in stores, or you can make your own if you have a plant. Break off one of the leaves and slice it open diagonally. Pour out the plant’s jelly into the palm of your hand and then simply apply it to your hair and scalp to nourish it. Use it just as you would use hair gel to style your hair.
3. Flax Seed Hair Gel Recipe
- 2 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons of Flax Seeds
- A Strainer or Cheesecloth
- Essential oil
- Container for storage
Like Aloe Vera and gelatin hair gel, making a hair gel from flax seeds is very good for your hair. It promotes hair growth and makes your hair softer, shinier, and silkier.
How to Make It
- Boil 2 cups of water in a small saucepan.
- Add 4 tablespoons of flax seeds and stir them into the hot water.
- Cook the flax seeds for about 5 minutes. You will notice that the water will start to get thicker.
- Strain the flax seed water with the strainer or cheesecloth.
- Add some essential oil to your mixture to give it a nice scent.
- Allow it to cool in the fridge for about an hour, once the gel cools it will get even thicker.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.