How to Dye Your Hair Pink Without Chemicals
Pink hair is always fun to try. The following techniques are semi-permanent and will fade over time. These dyes are also much safer than chemical dyes and are better for you and for the environment.
Before trying any of these, you should know that colors show up best on light-colored hair. If you try to use these on dark hair, the color will show up as more of a pink or red tint. Bleaching before applying these colors is the best way to get a bright shade of pink.
Use Food Coloring to Dye Your Hair Pink
You can use food coloring to dye your hair pink. It is inexpensive, and the colors usually turn out pretty bright.
What You Will Need
- Pink food coloring
- Half a cup of conditioner
- A small bowl
- A paint brush to use as an applicator (optional)
- Pour some conditioner into the small bowl.
- Add one to two drops of the food coloring.
- Mix the conditioner and food coloring together until thoroughly blended.
- Use the paint brush to apply the mixture onto your hair.
- Leave the mixture on for four to six hours.
- Rinse your hair out in the shower, but do not shampoo.
- Towel dry
It is best not to wash your hair for a couple of days so that the color has a little more time to set in. The color may look a little red at first but should quickly fade to pink.
Natural Pink Dyes That Wash out Quickly
Using cranberry juice also works. It will turn light-blonde hair pink, but any other colored hair will look more red. To use, pour some cranberry juice into your hair and wrap it in a towel for an entire day. Wash your hair out in the evening.
Beet juice can also make light-blonde hair turn pink. To use, pour beet juice on your hair and leave in it for the day. Wash the beet juice out with warm water in the evening.
These two options will last a week at most. Because they are temporary, they can be a useful test to see if you like having pink hair. These two choices are completely natural, so they are safe for you and for the environment.
- How to Dye Your Hair Blue Without Chemical Dyes
These techniques are safe and will not cause much damage to your hair.
- How to Darken Your Hair Color Naturally at Home
How to darken your hair color with natural products at home. Use ingredients like cocoa and sage.
- How to Lighten Your Hair Naturally at Home
These tips use natural ingredients, are inexpensive, and will not cause much damage to your hair. These methods are fast and easy to use.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.