How to Remove Hair Dye Using Vitamin C
Have you ever colored your hair, only to discover that you don't like the color it turns out? Hair color removal can be expensive, but using this simple home remedy you can remove even intense reds from your hair. As you'll see, I was able to change my hair color from a dark red to platinum blonde after removing the dye at home with this method. It works great. In this article, I'll show you:
- How to make the dye removal paste.
- How to apply it to remove your hair dye.
It's an incredibly simple process. Let's get to it!
Part 1: Making the Dye Removal Mixture
- First, pour a quarter-sized amount of plain shampoo into a dish. You might need a bit more if you have long hair.
- Crush up five to ten vitamin C tablets until you get a fine powder. This can be done by placing the tablets onto a small plate and crushing them with a cup.
- Pour the vitamin C powder into the quarter sized amount of shampoo. Stir it together until it becomes a paste.
Removing the Dye:
- Thoroughly coat your damp (but not soaking wet!) hair with this mixture. Make sure it's mixed in everywhere. Make more if you need to, to ensure that your hair is fully coated.
- Leave the mixture in your hair for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Rinse your hair completely, and then shampoo and condition your hair as you always do.
- Repeat if necessary. Once finished, you will probably need to dye your hair to the desired color.
Using this mixture last fall, I was able to completely remove red dye from my hair only a couple weeks after I'd dyed it. I was then able to bleach my hair to platinum blonde! That is how good this mixture is. Now there's no need to waste money on having your hair color removed at a salon, just buy some plain shampoo and vitamin C tablets and you're ready to go!