How to Get Big, Curly Hair in 10 Minutes
Want Big, Curly Hair?
Do you want a big, bouncy mane? Do you have curly hair and want to define your curls? Do you have wavy or straight hair and want to try something different? The diffuser is your best friend.
I have curly hair, and usually, when I put mousse in it, I scrunch it a little then let it air dry. I don't know about some of you other curly-haired gals, but sometimes when my hair air-dries I end up looking like a poodle! Not cute.
I know there have been times when I've wanted straight hair because I never knew how to manage my curly hair. Don't fret, and don't be ashamed of your natural tresses. Own them with this super-easy way to manage your mane. Good luck!
Note: I'm not trying to promote a certain brand over another. These brands just happen to work on my hair. Also, there are many methods you can try to get big, curly hair. This one is my favorite.
What You Need:
- Leave-In Conditioner (It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Product)
- Curl-Enhancing Mousse (Garnier Fructis Style Curl Construct Mousse)
- Heat Protectant Spray (TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray)
- Hair Dryer With a Diffuser Attachment
Step 1: Don't Towel Dry, T-Shirt Dry
After your shower, use an old T-shirt to dry your hair. It will create less frizz than if you use a regular towel. Remember to squeeze the water out of your hair rather than rub the t-shirt on your head.
Step 2: Detangle
Use a wide-toothed comb to gently get out any knots.
Step 3: Condition
Take a quarter-sized amount of leave-in conditioner, rub it together between your palms, and work it through your hair from root to tip. Your hair will thank you later. This is especially important for you curly-haired gals.
Step 4: Use Curl-Enhancing Mousse
- Squeeze a quarter-sized amount of curl-enhancing mousse into the palm of your hand.
- Rub your hands together, then run it through your hair making sure to scrunch along the way, especially at the ends.
- Flip your hair over and do the same thing. This will ensure the mousse is evenly distributed.
- Make sure you get it all over your hair.
Step 5: Apply Heat Protection
Make sure you use a heat protectant spray before using any kind of heat on your hair. You don't want to damage it!
Step 6: Use a Diffuser
- Turn on the diffuser to a low setting and flip your hair over.
- Grab a section of hair, and hold the nozzle end of the diffuser under your hair for about 15 seconds. You can also scrunch your hair while holding it on the nozzle.
- Take another section of hair and do the same thing.
- Continue until all of your hair is dry.
Wild-Haired WomenClick thumbnail to view full-size
How to Style Naturally Curly or Wavy Hair
What Hairstyle Do You Prefer?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Questions & Answers
© 2014 Nancy Malcun