Review of Hair Clippers: Andis Bgrv vs Oster Classic 76
Choose Between Two Great Clippers
The Dndis Bgrv and the Oster Classic 76 are two different clippers that I love. The Brg+ is the cordless version of the Bgrv and is one of the best cordless clippers. The Oster Classic 76 is one of the best corded clippers you'll ever find, so I thought I'd make a comparison of the two to see what they have in common and what differences they have. So let's dive right in.
The Andis Bgr+ is the cordless version of the Bgrv. As far as cordless clippers go, this one is pretty close to the top. And I have become so fond of this clipper that I think I even shave a little too much these days. Here's why I think this clipper is absolutely amazing.
- The flexibility you get with this is great, it being cordless. For one, you can use it anywhere and you don't have a cord to contend with when cutting or shaving your hair. To add to flexibility, if you don't mind the cord, you can change this clipper to a corded one by adding the cord extension that comes in the package.
- This is one powerful clipper at first I thought that this That it did not vibrate enough and would not be strong enough, boy was I wrong. Andis state that it the most powerful cordless rotary motor clipper on the market, they may just be right. I don't know the wattage of the motor but it seems pretty powerful to me. Apart from it being powerful, the clipper is pretty fast, kocking down hair in quick time.
- The batteries are good. They are able to hold a charge for about one hour. I read where this mother cut the hair of her five children on one charge, so the battery is pretty good. The battery does not take long to charge either, just about an hour or less
- This thing is super quiet compared to other brands. I can comfortably have a conversation with someone while cutting my hair.
- I like how the blade operates. It is made of ceramic which stay cooler longer than traditional blades. they are really sharp and seem like they will stay that way for a long time. They cut through the hair like a hot knife going through butter. There will be no pulling or tugging of hair. The blade is detachable, so cleaning is a breeze.
- It feels great in the hand, so I like the design. Looks and feels good.
- Comes with a case, some people may not think anything of this, but I like it and the case looks kinda cool. The storage case holds everything nicely
This clipper has been called the "Cadillac" of clippers and for good reason.
- This thing is outrageously powerful. It packs a 45 watt motor that can cut through the thickest of hair
- It is incredibly reliable and durable. This clipper was built like a tank, so expect it to be around for along time and unlike cheaper clippers, the part are serviceable and replaceable. I read where a man forgot his outside under the downpour and it still kicks ass.
- The blades are incredibly sharp, and because they are wide, you don't need to pass over the same area many times to get the desired result. One thing you can be sure of is that you won't be changing these blades because they are dull very soon.
- They fit well in the hand and are very comfortable. The fine ribbing along the body help you get a better grip.
How They are the Same
We have two great clippers here the cordless Andis bgr and the Oster Classic 76. They are two best trimmers for men or anyone for the matter of fact. Are there any similarities? Let's investigate.
They are both to end clippers and cost a little more than the average clipper, but don't let the price deter you from either of these great clippers because in the end you won't regret making the purchase. These clippers pay for themselves overtime and are a great investment.
They have detachable blades. Detachable blade clippers have a range of easy-on, easy-off detachable blades that provide you with a wealth of blade choices. The advantages of detachable blade clippers is that they are the most powerful clippers on the market and they con go through thick, wet shampooed hair with ease.
They have powerful motors that make cutting hair a breeze.
They are both made in the USA, although the charging unit for the Andis has China on it but the machine itself is USA made.
Both can be used for in a salon/barber shop or at home with ease.
How They Differ
I just told you how these two best trimmers for men are similar so here's how they are different.
The first difference is an obvious one. The Andis is a cordless and the Oster is corded. Each have their advantages and disadvantages. Cordless give you flexibility but not as reliable because the battery can die in the middle of a cut if you forget to charge the unit. With the corded you don't have to worry about a battery dying since you have a constant supply of power but that cord can get in your way sometimes.
The second difference is that the Andis features ceramic blades while the Oster has metal blades. The ceramic blades will run cooler than the metal one although the Oster is not prone to heating if oiled properly. Ceramic blades may have the advantage of staying sharper longer.
The Andis come with a case that easily holds all your accessories and the Oster does not, you will have to buy one separately.
In my opinion, I think that the Oster is built stronger than the Andis. Don't get me wrong, the Andis is pretty strong but will it last twenty years, maybe not. Time will tell.
The Oster seems a bit louder than the Andis.
Check Out These Cool Videos
How Do You Decide?
Like I stated earlier, these are two of the best trimmers for men or anyone but when they are both great, how do you choose? It all has to do with what you like. You may like the flexibility of having a cordless clipper of the reliability of a corded one. Since both are great clippers, you may choose based on how they look; personally, i like how the Andis clipper looks. One question you ay ask is whether you ca deal with the loudness of one clipper or not. Sometimes you just have to go with that gut feeling so if your heart is telling you to get a particular clipper, then just go with it. For one thing, if you are not satisfied with your choice you could always return the product especially when bought through amazon. Don't feel like you have to talk yourself into liking any one clipper, if that's the case then it's probably not a good idea to get this clipper. Like I said earlier you have to feel right about the decision. Overall These are just two of the Best Hair Clippers on the market so relax you can't go wrong with either one.