3 Ways to Get Rid of Baby Hairs
Isn't it annoying when you dress up for a party with your hair tied back tightly but a puff of hair still dangles on your forehead? No matter how much you try, you can't shape them the way you want. These curls are called baby hairs, and in most cases, your genes are to blame for having them. As annoying as they are, you can get rid of them easily by following a few tricks. Here's what you need to do.
Three Ways to Get Rid of Baby Hairs
- Apply Natural Oils
- Use Hairspray
- Change Your Hairstyle
Natural Oils That Tame Baby Hairs
Olive oil, mustard oil, coconut oil, and almond oil are very effective in getting rid of baby hair. Let's take a look at the properties of these oils and how to use them.
Unrefined, virgin, or extra-virgin coconut oil are not only good for your skin but they can also remove baby hair within a few weeks. Coconut oil stops free radicals from damaging your skin, prevents infection, lessens inflammation, and slowly reduces the amount of baby hair on your face.
How to Apply Coconut Oil
- Liquefy a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Gently rub it on your palms and massage it on your baby hair. Try to reach the pores. If you don't have a lot of baby hair, then it shouldn't be challenging to massage the oil on the intended area. You can also dip cotton balls in the liquefied coconut oil and apply it on your baby hair.
- Do this at least twice a day. You will notice that the baby hairs have disappeared in a few weeks.
Olive oil is widely popular for its antibacterial and antioxidant properties, Vitamin content, and moisturizing effects. When mixed with alum and rosewater, olive oil can successfully remove baby hair in a few days.
How to Apply Olive Oil
- Take a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon of rosewater, and a pinch of alum and mix everything thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture to your baby hair.
- Allow it to dry before applying another coat.
- Repeat the process until you have applied six coats of this mixture.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and apply a few drops of olive oil again. Repeat every day for optimal results.
Mustard oil keeps your skin soft, smooth, and supple. But it is also a champion in removing baby hair. Its antibacterial properties keep scalp infections away.
How to Apply Mustard Oil
- Apply mustard seed paste or high-quality mustard oil on your baby hair before going to sleep at night. You should see noticeable results in a matter of days.
- Keep applying mustard oil every night until there is no baby hair left at all.
Almond oil can fix split ends, control scalp infection, treat dandruff, and make your hair shiny. In addition to all these benefits, it can also get rid of baby hair in a few weeks.
How to Apply Almond Oil
- Mix a tablespoon of almond oil with a tablespoon of Indian gooseberry powder. Make sure there is no lump in the paste.
- Dip your fingertips in this mixture and massage it on your baby hair. Do this before going to sleep to allow the almond oil and Indian gooseberry to work their way into the roots of your baby hair.
- Repeat this technique every night to see a reduction in the amount of baby hair on your forehead within a few weeks.
Hair Products for Baby Hairs
Apart from different natural oils, you can also use a variety of hair products to get rid of baby hair. While many women advise shaving off baby hairs before going out, it is not a permanent solution. The best alternative to tame down your baby hair is by using a hairspray trick. In fact, you can use hairspray and finish things off with an anti-frizz cream.
How to Tame Baby Hairs With Hairspray
- Take a new toothbrush and a bottle of high-quality hairspray.
- Sprinkle a few drops of hairspray on the bristles of the toothbrush.
- Rub the bristles gently on your baby hair.
- Apply a bit of pressure while rubbing the bristles. Keep applying the pressure until you feel the bristles don't contain any hairspray anymore.
- Repeat this process until the baby hair sets with the hairstyle you want.
How to Use Anti-Frizz Cream
Once you set the baby hair with your hairspray, you can put some anti-frizz cream on it to keep the hair in the position you want. It is almost like applying a hair pomade. The anti-frizz cream will not let the bay hair fall off from its intended position, giving you the confidence that they won't mess up your look once you step outside.
Shaving Baby Hairs
You should follow this technique religiously every day. Shaving baby hair off should only be considered a last resort as it can damage your entire hairstyle. You need to make the baby hair follow your hairstyle and not dangle on your forehead like a loose piece of chicken from a burger.
Hairstyles to Mask Baby Hairs
If you don't want to lose your baby hair, the best thing you can do is change your hairstyle so that you can at least mask those dangling hairs from your forehead. One of the best hairstyles to hide your baby hair is a pixie cut.
First of all, try not to overheat your hair. In fact, it is best not to use a heat styling tool if you want to mask your baby hair. The baby hair should look natural when you change your hairstyle. Ask your hairstylist to give you a fringe or pixie cut. It is one of the cutest hairstyles sported by tons of celebrities. While it may be a drastic makeover for you, it's worth giving a shot.
Ideally, it is better to straighten your hair if you want a pixie cut. The sides should be absolutely straight to complement the pixie style. This will give a nice shape to the pixie cut on your forehead. The length of hair covering your forehead due to the pixie cut will hide your baby hair. You will not have to chop it, shave it, or brush it.
Say Goodbye to Baby Hairs
Baby hair looks cute on some women. But for many, it is an extra lump of hair that doesn't add any value to their hairstyle. But instead of shaving it every time, you can follow the tricks mentioned above to either hide them or get rid of them for good. Using natural oils will remove baby hairs but it usually takes time to notice positive results. Using the hairspray trick and changing your hairstyle, on the other hand, helps you solve the problem in an instant. The decision is yours to make.
- Coconut Oil for Your Hair: Benefits, Uses and Tips
This article explains everything you need to know about coconut oil and hair: why you might want to try it, how to use it and more.
- The Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair - How Olive Oil Can Help Your Hair
Sometimes the best hair remedies can be found at home — usually right there in your kitchen. We'd like to introduce you the benefits of using olive oil for hair.
- What to Know About Using Mustard Oil for Hair
If you're thinking about using mustard oil for your hair, or, already have been and want to learn more about it, here are a few things to know including benefits, ways to use it, and risks with this potent oil.
- Almond Oil for Hair: Benefits and Uses for Longer, Stronger Hair
Learn about the benefits of almond oil for hair.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.