Banana Scrub Recipe
Scrub With Bananas
A banana scrub is easy to make at home and here I will be giving some great scrub recipes that will get your skin glowing from top to bottom!
Bananas may not be a fruit or ingredient you associate with facial scrubs or in fact skin care in general but it should not be underestimated as the skin loves it.
Banana is my personal favourite fruit and has been for as long as I can remember.
It was my trusty friend in my sports bag as an instant energy source, being used in many delicious food recipes or quite simply mashed up for grilled banana on toast with a sprinkling of brown sugar and sea salt.
A fruit I will always have in the kitchen, utilizing it in skin products is another great avenue that is easy and quick to make for all and a great way of using up any over ripened bananas.
With so many skin care product ingredients in our own kitchen cupboards, it makes sense on every level to start making cleansers, face masks, scrubs, moisturizers and indulgent spa treatments at home.
So hold off on making that banoffi pie, smoothie or bread and start feeding your skin instead with a banana scrub.
Skin Benefits of Banana
Luscious and soothing on the skin the entire banana (peel included) has a valuable contribution to the maintenance of not just our internal system but for our skin and hair.
Banana consists of high levels of antioxidants which have a real impact on achieving healthy natural balance in the skin. It is excellent for treating bruises, allergies, wrinkles, dry skin and even acne. Banana peel is high in potassium which makes for a great treatment in itself for acne, wart, poison ivy and psoriasis. High in nutrients and vitamins, using a banana scrub will give you soft, supple moisturized healthy skin in no time by gently removing dead skin cells that we all accumulate.
Scrubs are designed to remove them gently but effectively and should leave the skin feeling wonderfully smooth and revitalized. Face scrubs, body scrubs and lip scrubs are all doable in your own home.
Banana used in scrub recipes acts in conjunction with other skin loving ingredients. As it is not a coarse texture it is a wonderful carrier or base which adds the moisturizing element.
Word of Caution
As with all ingredients, do not use these on the skin if you have an allergy or known allergy to the ingredients used. Always seek medical advice if unsure or have any existing medical condition
Chocolate Is Good For You and Your Skin!
Strawberry Banana Sugar Scrub
Would you be tempted to try a banana scrub?
Indulgent Banana Chocolate Facial Scrub
Avoiding the temptation to eat this is difficult I have to admit but just think of the wonderful benefits these ingredients will have on your skin and keep your mouth closed!Just 4 easily found kitchen ingredients that pack a punch together. Chocolate removes deep impurities in the skin while salt and yogurt work at removing dead skin cells and the banana restores lost moisture to the skin.
½ -1 ripe banana (depending on size)
3 tbsp plain natural yogurt (Greek style yogurt may be used)
2-3 squares chocolate (dark is best)
1 tbsp salt (not too coarse)
You Will Need:
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave safe bowl. It is only a few squares so melt gently in order not to burn it. Try 10-15 second intervals checking it. When fully melted remove from microwave.
- Add the yogurt and mix well.
- Mash the banana in the other bowl.
- Don’t over mash or it will be too runny in consistency.
- When bananas are ready, add the chocolate mix and stir to a smooth consistency.
- Add the salt and gently mix it in.
- Make sure all your hair is pulled off the face or wear a headband or shower cap.
- I suggest putting a small hand towel around tour shoulders and tucking into your collar.
- Apply to a cleansed face and neck in small circular movements, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for 10 minutes and remove with warm water. Splash with cold water and pat the skin dry.
- Apply your moisturizer or if stuck why not use a few drops of natures best, Olive Oil it is a fantastic skin moisturizer on its own.
This recipe is not suitable for freezing or refrigerating and should be used as soon as possible.
If possible use organic products as they provide the highest level of nutrients to the skin.
Banana Info From rajan jolly ~
- Banana And Banana Milk - Health Benefits
Bananas are availablle everywhere. Do you want to know more of the amazing health benefits of the banana fruit and banana milk shake? If so, read on....
- 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bananas
Bananas are possibly the most favorite fruit worldwide and offer a host of important health benefits. Learn about 5 awesome health benefits of bananas in this article. Read on...
Banana Body Scrub Recipe
Whilst you could use the chocolate banana recipe all over, it may not be the most practical. This recipe uses just 3 ingredients and perfect to give your body a great scrub workout that will leave your skin soft, glowing and moisturized. It is aromatic and soothing with banana, sugar and vanilla.
1-2 ripe bananas
3-4 tbsp granulated sugar
¼ tsp pure vanilla extract (you may use a different one if you prefer)
- Mash the bananas well but do not over mash to a runny consistency.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and mix in well.
Before stepping into the shower, apply the scrub all over the body in circular motions. Pay particular attention to excessively dry areas. Massage in for 3-5 minutes.
Wash off the scrub in the shower and feel your lovely fresh rejuvenated skin.