I enjoy sharing DIY recipes for beauty and hygiene products including toothpaste, bath scrubs, and bath bars.
Men's Body Scrub (Suitable For Women Too)
The reason I say that this body scrub is created predominantly for males is simply because of the almighty bergamot essential oil. Sandalwood and cedarwood aside, this is the next most masculine fragrance in the essential oil world.
Now, don't get me wrong—there are plenty of wonderful body scrub ideas out there, as you will have probably noticed from this site; however, I personally got fed up with smelling like a flower blossom every time I needed to exfoliate in the shower! I felt like one of those Snapchat filters with the bunny eyes and daisy crown every morning!
I can sense that you are now screaming, "Hurry up and get to the recipe. I have one foot in the shower waiting to be rejuvenated!"
Well, here you have it:
- 4 x tbsp Sugar
- 1 x tsp Himalayan Salt
- 2 x tbsp Raw Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 x tsp Raw Organic Honey
- 1 x tsp Vitamin E Oil
- 10 x drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and Himalayan salt.
- Add the coconut oil and honey.
- Mix the ingredients together until there is no loose sugar or Himalayan salt.
- Add the vitamin E oil and bergamot essential oil, and mix again.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place.
Read More From Bellatory
Why These Particular Ingredients?
A good question to ask! Well, individually, as you can see below, all of these ingredients have wonderful health benefits, which surely means combining them will do wonders for your skin right through to your soul.
- Sugar—This helps to lightly exfoliate the skin, whilst helping hydrate the skin as it is a natural humectant.
- Coconut Oil—Well, where do you start with this one? There are far too many benefits to mention! For this scrub, the coconut oil offers strong anti-microbial properties whilst at the same time moisturising your skin.
- Raw Honey—This ingredient is one of nature's anti-microbial wonders. It helps to not only cleanse your skin, but it also helps you to lock in the moisturising properties of the other ingredients, keeping your skin supple and fresh.
- Himalayan Salt—This type of salt offers a more natural approach to exfoliating your skin compared to white sugar. It also helps to detoxify and cleanse your skin due to its anti-microbial properties.
- Vitamin E Oil—This wonder oil is packed full of antioxidants waiting to soak into and moisturise your skin.
- Bergamot Essential Oil—This oil helps to relieve tension in your muscles and has also been known to assist in lifting your mood.
Easy, Effective and Practical
That is it in a nutshell. It is super easy to make, and best of all, it contains no nasty ingredients, only beneficial ones! It is simple to use as well; just mix a small amount in your hands and apply it to your body in a circular motion. I know there is a way to do this so that you are improving blood flow; however, I've still yet to master the art of this.
Please be sure to let me know if you have tried this body scrub and what you thought of it in the comments box below. At current, I must admit it is my favourite. Maybe it will be yours, too?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Brenda on January 15, 2018:
Will be trying this for myself