What Do Women Think About Men's Chest Hair—Trimmed or Not?
Do Women Like Chest Hair?
This is a question that really doesn't have one straightforward answer. Whether or not your girlfriend will like chest hair boils down to her individual preference. Despite the fact that there is no rule of thumb, there are a few things you should know before you start ripping out those follicles from their roots. Let's find out whether you should shave, wax, trim, or do nothing.
What Women Prefer
1. Don't Shave. It's Painful to Touch.
Shaved chest hair is not only a turn-off, but may also hurt and annoy your woman. Surprised? Don't be. Have you noticed how your girl gets annoyed when the stubble on your cheeks rub against her face? That's because it hurts. If you shave your chest, the stubble will hurt her a lot.
Aesthetically, a man's bare chest looks unnatural to most women. It looks hot in movies and in photographs, but it's hard for guys in real life to get that look that's a perfect balance of flawless skin and disheveled.
2. Try Waxing or Using Depilatory Cream
We've talked about how a clean-shaven chest may feel unnatural to your girlfriend, but if you decide to remove the hair anyway, you should wax because it won't yield stubble that can hurt your girlfriend. While waxing may seem intimidating because it can be painful, you will get used to it. The biggest advantage of waxing over other hair removal methods is that you can stay hair-free for weeks.
On the other hand, using depilatory cream is painless, but the re-growth is much faster because the hair follicles are not plucked out from the root.
In either case, waxing or using depilatory cream is much better than shaving. But do you really want to remove all of your chest hair?
3. Women Don't Like Men With a Lot of Chest Hair
When we say "a lot of chest hair," we are talking about the kind of hair growth that makes you look like a rug or a carpet. Guys, unless you are dating a woman teleported from the Stone Age, you may want to consider trimming your chest hair. It really does not matter whether you are skinny, tall, short, or bulky, excessive hair is a turn-off, regardless of your body type.
4. Women Like Men Who Trim Their Chest Hair
Gentlemen, we have a winner! Men who either trim their chest hair or have just the right amount of it definitely emerge as the winners. To get the most appealing look, trim your chest hair to form the perfect tiger line. Tiger line? Yes, as utterly ridiculous as it sounds, a tiger line is the line of hair that runs from the top of your chest to the middle of your body and down to your package. The best and the most "play-safe" option when it comes to impressing your lady with your grooming techniques is to have just the right amount of body hair.
Chest Hair Dos and Don'ts for Men
- If you want to shave your chest, and you are going to get it on with your girl in bed, make sure to shave just before the action. Shaving a few days before will result in hard stubble that will hurt her.
- Not all women find excess chest hair appealing, but if you like to carry a rug or a carpet on your chest, that's fine. Just make sure you don't let your entire fuzz spill out from the top button of your shirt.
- If you like to trim your chest hair, good for you. Just make sure you leave enough hair so that your girl can run her fingers through the thinned area. Don't forget the tiger line!
- You may opt to wax or use a depilatory cream, but make sure that your woman digs the no-chest-hair look before you take it all off.
- Think twice, think thrice, and think many times over and over again before you even think about getting laser hair removal or any other form of permanent treatment. Remember Roger Moore and his chest hair? For all you know, that look may come back in vogue many years down the line.
- Last but not least, remember that your girl will feel weak in her knees based on your charming personality and chivalry, not on how the hair on your chest looks. Of course, chest hair will be a major factor once the both of you start ripping each others' clothes off. But before you can even get inside the bedroom, you must impress your lady love with your manly charm.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.