How to Get Beautiful Eyelashes and Eyebrows with Castor Oil
How many of us have admired a baby’s long eyelashes enviously and wished for those beautiful, long lashes? Do you get jealous of a friend's perfectly shaped and healthy-looking eyebrows?
Thin or sparse eyelashes can be due to poor diet, age, heredity, over-use of cosmetics, or over-plucking.
Castor Oil is a one-stop treatment for healthy eyelashes and eyebrows. Beautiful lashes and shapely, bushy eyebrows are achievable through simple steps you can take at home.
How to Use Castor Oil for Beautiful Eyelashes
You Will Need:
- Castor oil
- A clean eyeliner brush, mascara wand, or a Q-tip
- Cleanse the face and eye area as you normally would.
- Dip a clean mascara wand lightly into castor oil. Tap off excess.
- Starting at the inner corner of the eye, coat the lashes from root to tip, working across until all the lashes are coated.
- Repeat on the other eye.
- Use a Q-tip under eye area to remove any excess.
- Leave on overnight and remove in the morning by gently cleansing the eye area (if you don't clean off the oil, makeup won't stay on).
Thicker Eyelashes With Castor Oil
How to Use Castor Oil for Healthy, Beautiful Eyebrows
You Will Need:
- Castor oil
- Q-tip or clean eyeliner brush or comb
- Cleanse the skin as normal, making sure to include the eyebrows. Pat the brows with toner or water to remove any excess oil.
- Dip the Q-tip into the castor oil. Tap off excess.
- Apply onto the eyebrow, moving in the direction of hair growth.
- Use the Q-tip's dry end to remove excess oil around the eyebrow.
- Leave on overnight.
- Wash the face as normal in the morning.
Benefits of Castor Oil
Jamaican is the purest and highest quality of castor oil. It is raw and unrefined, so retains all or most of the nutrients.
When deciding to buy castor oil, make sure you look for the words cold-pressed or cold-processed on the label.
This emollient comes from the castor bean or seed. It is a very pale yellow or colourless liquid with an either mild or nonexistent odour. It is used in products including perfume and soap and has health benefits and uses, including:
- Helps skin disorders
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Rich in essential fatty acids
- Promotes hair growth
- Slows hair thinning
- Treats dry, itchy scalp
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Antibacterial properties
- Eases abdominal complaints and muscular pain
- Induces Labour (being heavily researched)
- Enhances memory (according to Ayurvedic medicine)
Have you ever used Castor Oil in this way?See results without voting
More by this Author
A homemade deodorant is tons more beneficial and cost effective to use. Rosemary and Eucalyptus make an ideal essential oil combination to keep body odor at bay so read on for recipe and information.
Did you know that olive oil one of the best moisturizers and natural skin care products you can use? Used by mediterranean women for thousands of years, find out the benefits of this wonder product.
Making a homemade eye cream that is beneficial to the delicate skin around the eye is made easy here with 2 ingredients: coconut oil and vitamin E.