Mens Facial Hair Grooming; Tips for Girlfriends and Wives
Mustache, Beard Trimming
I'm passionate about my man's facial hair. His beard cut just so, not too close to his face and not too shaggy is perfectly, masculinely soft when I get close to him. It's sexy to touch with my hands or when I put my cheek on his. His mustache, trimmed round his lips shows what a fine mouth he has. Un trimmed, it's no good at all. Not the mouth, not the mustache.
He's losing his hair now, hair that used to be unruly, growing upwards from his scalp instead of down (like Einstein's did). What hair he has left has gone gray and it's very fine. But he is a knock-out specimen of a man in his middle sixties to me; his beard, his mustache and his mad hair are still a total turn on. With any pair of scissors that I find laying around that still cut I take care of my fellah's grooming:
- I take care of his hair, (gently trim it). He doesn't see a barber
- I trim his beard after he shaves it with his electric razor - just so
- I trim the hair that grows inside his ears and on his ear lobes
- I trim his eyebrows because he had some crazy single hairs that curl upwards
I suggest investing in a very good pair of small scissors and keeping them in a safe place in the bathroom. I really must do the same. (Have made note).
Facial Hair Before Grooming
Trimming Unwanted Facial Hair
Once you notice his beard or his mustache is getting too long, you start suggesting he trims it. Going to the barber is no longer an option, (hasn't been since he began losing his hair.)
Eventually, he will trim it and you will be able to get at all the bits that have begun to over-grow around his beard, his eyes, in his ears and on his ear lobes. I've found the hardest part of facial male hair maintenance is this persuasion faze.
I've found that there's a reluctance to shaving and trimming and a million excuses such as "It keeps me warm", "It looks alright", "I will, later", "I will tomorrow", "I will later, when I shower, Oops I forgot. Oh dear it's too late now".
This faze may last a few days but it is incredibly important not to argue over it.
He trims his beard to the 2 mm you like, (or however long or short it is that you've established makes him look good, over time).
Shortly afterwards, hopefully within the first 24 hours of the major beard- trimming performance, the occasion presents itself, such as the occasion in the photographs to the right, that he will allow you to get to work with the scissors. He is reading his newspaper, watching a game, or listening to a radio play and is a million miles away
This one has a stubble setting and a mustache trimmer!
Extra Facial Hair is Gone
Tips for Mens Facial Hair Grooming
These are the tips:
- You very pleasantly notice that one unruly hair on his eyebrow has grown up to his forehead; you suggest you trim it. Swiftly, scissors in hand, you trim it. It is JUST one hair. There are two of them above each brow. You get to both sides and you trim them off. There!
- You notice the hair in his ears looks like it needs cutting. Trim the hair inside one ear close to the skin. There are not many snips. He will sit still for this.
- There will be a few hairs on the lobes. Get rid of those.
- All that remains now is to trim the hair that has lost shape round his ears and side burns. Simply trim it up to just above the ear and round the front of the ear. Tapering and easily leveling to the sideburns he has trimmed with his electric razor.
My Companion after His Beard, Mustache and Facial Hair Trimmed
How much do you like a man with a beard and mustache?
Have you ever trimmed your man's facial hair?
The Benefits of Trimming your Mans Facial Hair
Once you have found the way you both like the way he looks, and you've found a way to trim it right, you'll always have his hair, his beard and his mustache just the way you both like it.
He won't ever come back from the barbers looking like the wrong man.
It keeps you close.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.