The Best Oxygenating Toothpaste Brands
What Is Oxygenated Toothpaste?
An oxygenated toothpaste is simply a special formula that incorporates fresh oxygen to kill off anaerobic germs that cause bad breath. Because these germs cannot survive in an oxygen-rich environment, oxygenated toothpaste helps to:
- Eradicate germs
- Reduce bacteria
- Reduce bad breath
- Reinvigorate the gums
- Provide some teeth whitening effect
Oxygenating Toothpaste Comparison
The two best-known brands are Therabreath and Colgate, but Arm and Hammer also carries a very effective product as well. It is best to use an oxygenating mouthwash in combination with brushing to eliminate as many sulfur-producing bacteria as possible.
1. Therabreath Oxygenating Toothpaste
was developed by Dr. Harold Katz and specifically targets the bacteria that produce bad breath. It is the best toothpaste for halitosis. They now produce an entire range of products specifically for the purpose of achieving fresh breath, and I think they are worth looking into. Therabreath
Although the toothpaste market is a crowded one, this product has a loyal following. Many even claim that it is the best toothpaste in the world. I find that it works best when used in combination with the mouthwash.
- Produces oxygen in the mouth with the ingredient OXYD-8, a highly potent pH balanced formula derived from sodium chlorite.
- Attacks all types of breath and taste problems because it prevents the production of volatile sulfur compounds.
- Does not dry the mouth, hence, it is good for diabetics and those who have canker sores.
- Does not contain harsh chemicals like Sodium Lauryl Sulphate.
- Because it doesn't contain SLS, this toothpaste doesn't foam very much.
Therabreath coupons are often available on their website.
2. Colgate Baking Soda and Peroxide Toothpaste
This contains baking soda and can be combined with a hydrogen peroxide mouthwash for the best results. It is moderately priced and produces oxygen bubbles to kill off sulfur-producing bacteria. Colgate toothpaste
Other features include a refreshing mint flavor and protection for your teeth and gums.
- Proven gradual teeth whitening.
- Reduces bad breath.
Having Good Ingredients
Eco-friendly brands contain natural and organic ingredients such as aloe vera. They also provide additional vitamins and minerals to promote a healthy mouth. For example, vitamin E reduces free radicals and vitamins A and D help with gum healing.
3. Arm and Hammer Advance White
Oxygenating Lozenges for Fresher Breath
One of the easiest ways to get rid of bad breath is to use oxygenating lozenges. These work better than ordinary mints because they introduce a burst of oxygen that kills off some of the bacteria.
When using these lozenges, keep your mouth closed so that the oxygen does not escape while they dissolve.
How Oxygenating Toothpaste Works
Bad breath is caused by sulfur-producing bacteria that live in the back of the tongue and in your throat. The by-product that these germs produce tend to coalesce and form tonsil stones that range from white to cream in color. They are the foulest-smelling things ever!
Most of the germs that cause bad breath cannot survive in an oxygen-rich environment. So when you brush with an oxygenating toothpaste, you are essentially creating an environment that is not conducive to their survival.
How to Use Oxygenating Toothpaste
- Although there is no specific guide on how much toothpaste you should use, a generous amount is advised.
- Brush all tooth surfaces thoroughly and do not forget to scrub the gums and tongue.
- If possible, rinse with an oxygenated mouthwash.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2013 Chuga