Top 5 Foundation Picks for Glowing Skin
Top Five Foundations for Illumination
What's Great About It
Becca Shimmering Skin Protector
Highlighter that illuminates when mixed with moisturizer or foundation.
Look for the shade that goes best with your skin tone.
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
Covers well and does dry.
Best for normal to dry skin.
Christian Dior Skin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder Makeup
Powder that leaves the skin smooth due to high water content.
Best for skin with large pores.
Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation
Great for aging skin.
Fills fine lines and wrinkles.
Mary Kay TimeWise Luminous Wear Liquid Foundation
Great for aging skin
Lightweight and long-lasting.
How to Pick the Right Foundation
I find it difficult to choose the right foundation shade. Sometimes I end up buying a colour that doesn’t exactly match the tone of my skin. If you are in the same boat as me, and find difficult to select that elusive perfect shade, I have compiled few tips that will make your choice a bit easier.
- First, it is important to know that there are four skin shades: pink, olive, brown, and yellow. When buying your make up foundation, have this in mind. If you are not sure which skin tone you have, ask for help at the beauty counter.
- These days, foundations are marketed for different skin types: normal, dry, oily, sensitive, or combination skin. Find your type of skin and buy the foundation accordingly.
- Another thing to bear in mind is texture. You can choose between four: cream, powder, or liquid. It's important to pick a foundation in relation to the weather. In winter, the skin will normally be drier so during that time of year, choose a cream or liquid foundation. In the summer, when the skin sweats more, pick a lighter texture.
- Consider coverage when shopping for foundations. Choose light coverage if you want your skin to look more natural. Medium coverage is perfect for those who want to hide skin blemishes and small imperfections. Full coverage works if you suffer from some type of skin condition or scars.
- If you are one of those who test skin foundations on the back of their hand/wrist, stop! This technique doesn't work because the back of the hands are lighter than the face. You need to test on the jaw line with no other foundation on.
Five Glowing Skin Foundations
1. Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector
This is not a traditional foundation, but since I bought this highlighter I'm in love with it. The Becca Skin Perfector will hydrate and illuminate your skin, particularly when you wear it with your own moisturizer or foundation.
Make sure to pick the shade that matches your skin tone, and use it on its own, or dab a bit on the parts of the face that reflect light:
- Along the brow bone.
- The nose bridge.
- The centre of the chin and lips.
- The top of the lips bow.
- The inner part of the eyes.
How to Apply Becca Skin Perfector
2. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
If you want a foundation that covers skin imperfections well and it doesn't dry the skin, then . It looks natural and leaves a subtle, glossy finish. It hydrates and improves the skin's texture and is aimed at normal and dry skin. This foundation is non-comedogenic (won't cause blackheads or block pores) and is fragrance free. It's a bit pricey, but a little bit goes a long way. Nars Sheer Glow is the foundation for you
3. Christian Dior Skin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder Makeup
I have to include this , because it leaves the skin really smooth and fresh. It's 20% water. If you skin has large pores, this foundation will make the pores look smaller. It doesn’t come cheap, but if you want to invest in a good powder makeup, this is definitely one to consider. mineral powder make up from Christian Dior
4. Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation
Due to its anti-aging benefits, . It contains collagen and hexapeptides to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and moisturize the skin. It also work wonders on other skin types, covering imperfections well without masking the skin and leaving a fresh, glowing finish. This foundation lasts from day into night and is one of the best foundations I have found. this luminous foundation is perfect for aging skin
5. Mary Kay TimeWise Luminous Wear Liquid Foundation
Another , this product covers the skin well and gives a luminous, flawless finish. It contains a peptide complex and jojoba oil, which is rich in vitamin E. These ingredients work together to moisturize and diminish facial lines. Jojoba oil helps to shrink pores and dissolve the production of oil that creates pimples. There are 23 shades to choose from. If you want a smooth, even finish with 23 shades to choose from, this is a foundation to try. amazing skin foundation with anti-aging benefits
Mary Kay TimeWise Foundation Review
Natural Ways to Achieve Clear, Glowing Skin
To get your skin to glow, follow a healthy daily routine that incorporates plenty of water, raw food, exercise, and efficient skin care ingredients.
- Wash your face with very cold water in the mornings. This promotes blood circulation and will help to close facial pores.
- Choose skin care products that contain Vitamin C, retinol, and hyaluronic acid, along with vegetable oils such as rosehip, almond, and argan.
- Drink natural orange juice with pineapple first thing in the morning and throughout the day will help the body get rid of toxins and hence clear the skin.
- Try to eat berries and vegetables high in antioxidants.
- Drinking green and red tea have cleansing properties.
How Do You Get Glowing Skin?
Recipes for Glowing Skin
Exfoliation is essential. Here's a recipe that will remove dead cells from your face:
- One teaspoon honey, one teaspoon lemon juice, and one teaspoon brown sugar. Mix well and gently rub on your face for one minute. This can be use on the hands and gently on the neck as well.
The following are great homemade mask recipes:
- Mix one grate carrot with an egg yolk and few drops of lemon. Leave on the skin for twenty minutes and rinse using tepid water.
- Blend a few pieces of banana with one or two teaspoons of milk and one teaspoon of honey. Apply evenly over the face and neck and leave in place for about 20 minutes. Wash off with warm water and apply your usual moisturizer.
Having a Healthy Glow!
A healthy diet, physical activity, and good skincare products will help you achieve healthier, glowing skin. It is just a matter of finding the best foundation for your skin type!
© 2014 lovethisstuff