Beauty Review: Essence, Rival de Loop, Golden Rose, and Flormar
Even though they are fairly priced and popular, there aren't that many reviews for Essence cosmetics out there. So, I decided to do it myself. I've been in love with Essence's nail polish since they first started selling them.
- You'll notice that these polishes have big thick brushes, which is something I love about them. Big brushes are easier to control and color your nails without leaving traces all over the nail.
- The colors are beautiful, and never come out lighter or too different from what the color looks in the bottle. If it seems faint, though, you can achieve the bottle color by applying a second coat. Or you can apply one coat first, then after four or five days when you notice your color vanishing, apply the second coat. It will last even longer.
- They dry fast, like in five minutes. Not only is this convenient, it keeps things from getting too messy.
- Unfortunately, colors like red, blue, green, will color your fingers. The good thing about this is that they last longer than any polish I have tried before. They usually last for about 10 days.
- Essence doesn't name their nail polishes; at least I haven't found any names for them yet.
A little trick to remove the glitter polish: Wet a cotton ball with nail polish remover and then let it sit on the nail for a little bit. After a minute or two, while applying a little pressure slide it slowly to remove the polish. Job done!
This is another Essence beauty product that I like a lot.
- It is easy to apply, but you may find it a little thick. If that's the case, apply it and then take a little off using a dry wipe.
- The gloss on your lips will shine enough to be eye-catching, but not blindingly so.
- It leaves your lips smooth.
I am sorry I can not provide the names of the specific glosses above, as the writing over them has been erased a little with use.
I never wear gloss on on a windy day, though, or my hair will get caught in it. Hate it. Is there any girl who doesn't?
I use the Essence All About Matt! foundation as well. I bought it just to try it out without high expecations, but I am impressed. The foundation is really matte. It does not shine, but instead removes excess skin oil. It blends easily and does not change color to an awful orange later on.
Wearing this, my face is dry enough to keep makeup from sliding, and it seems nourished. Other benefits I have noticed are that it covers well, lasts long, is easily removed, and banishes the blemishes.
This is the brand I first bought lipliners from and I keep buying new ones because I like them so much. Their lipliners have nice colors, although not a very wide range of shades. They stay put all day long and do not leave your lips dried out. Another thing I love about these is the precise smooth application. You can always build the color as much as you want. The shades in the photos are 14 Femme Fatale and 06 Satin Mauve.
Rival de Loop
Another under-reviewed brand is Rival de Loop, whose lipliners "rival" all the others from more well-known brands.
The ones I used are:
- Nude 05
- Bronzo (the number has worn off of mine).
- Lilac 02
- Raspberry 03
- Classic Red 04
I listed the colors from my most-used to least-used. Here's what I thought:
- They look beautiful on your lips, so this is not the reason the red one is the least used. I prefer to use more nude colors, or sometimes bronzo or lilac, for an everyday look. They go with everything so it is easy, and it does not take me long hours in the morning to get ready.
- The raspberry and the classic red are more bold, which are perfect when you want to spice up your look, for a very cold winter day, or for a perfect night out. They suit every outfit, and they enhance the look. You can not go wrong with a red lip, and if you have a red lipstick on it looks like you have a face full of makeup! No one will notice, especially not boys.
- I mentioned that these are lipliners, not lipstick. I use them as lipsticks all the time, though. I do not put anything else over them, as they are very smooth and easily color my lips alone. You can control how much you put on, and you can even create even that "This is my natural lip color"-look by putting lipliner on and then running your finger over your lips. I also put some of the Essence lip glosses over them.
- Another reason why they rival all the other lipliners—and even lipsticks—is that they do not run over your face. They stay put all day long, staying the same perfect shade you put on in the morning.
Golden Rose is a new brand for me and I fell into these lipliners by chance. I was looking for makeup sponges when I saw these colorful sticks and I decided to give this brand a try. The shades in the photos are presented as numbers, no name. I should not have bought these. These lipliners are too hard on your lips. The only way you can wear them without ripping off my skin is by applying them over lipstick. They leave your lips feel very dry and I think they gave me chapped lips the day after.
These are fairly new to me as well. After I applied them a couple of times on different occasions, I decided I do not like them either. The shades are nice and colorful, but the lipliner itself spreads so smoothly that can easily spread all over your lip if you do not have a very steady hand, or do not bother to try at all. Not great for precise application. The shades in the photos are numbers 220 and 203.
Do you use any of them? If so, leave a comment with your opinion on it :)See results without voting
© 2014 Engel
More by this Author
Hair is an important feature and time has proven it to be an asset of health, age and seduction. You can take care of your hair's body and health while growing them longer and shinier.