How People Hide Double Chins and Fat Faces With Hairdos and Makeup
Beauty is just skin deep. This article offers a few tips from celebrities. Who doesn't need a little work?
Let's start with double chins. Even people who are not necessarily known to have them have had to watch it over the years. I don't know who has had what surgery, but I do notice very pretty stars showing a double chin now and then.
Barbara Streisand and Sandra Bullock show up in internet searches when you look up this topic. While these are all very beautiful women, they still hide their flaws. These problems aren't just caused by fat. So, what causes them?
Here are a few things to get you started in the right direction.
What is your face shape?
Do you style your hair according to what makes you look thinner?
Does This Ever Go Out of Style?
Helpful Hints: You Are What You Eat
- Eat less salt, which will reduce your body's bloating and make your face and chin look smaller.
- Drink a lot of water, which not only helps prevent bloating, even in the face, but thins the salt already in the body.
- To lose chin fat, you will need to burn more calories than you eat. Add cardiovascular exercise to your daily schedule.
- Jogging, even gently and in place, can help remove fat and firm the chin. Keep your chin up and the muscle to the neck tight and never let the muscle sag by relaxing it too much. Holding it firm needs to become a part of your posture.
Walking every day is really the safest and easiest way to work on fat. I am including lots of help and advice and a video.
The very quickest and best exercise I have ever found for the neck is to lean the head back, mouth open, then pull your bottom lip over your top pointing your chin to the ceiling. Doesn't that tighten? You bet it does! Do 10 about three times a day every day. So simple you can do them anywhere. (But not while you are driving!)
You may also choose to have submental lipectomy, which is liposuction (removal of fat) of the chin and neck area. Recovery is fairly quick with few side effects such as swelling, bruising, and numbness; but the incisions are very small compared to cosmetic surgeries.
No thank you, on that, for me! I personally think posture hides a multitude of sins too! Treatments for the face can come in many ways and forms! There is the laser, oxygen, skin tightening, plasma, and radio frequency surgery!
Her Lucille Ball Look?
Exercise for the Face
Many people, particularly women, are wondering about how to get rid of a double chin without wanting to be rumored of having gone off for a serious money-blowing yet temporary treatment when they can just stay home and work on their problem spots themselves.
Double chin exercises will result in a double chin reduction without you having to break the bank to pay costly doctor’s fees and avail of procedures that are not long-lasting yet very expensive, be they surgical or non-invasive facelifts using state of the art equipment.
Lotions Make Good Potions
We may get wrinkles at a young age from squinting or even smiling too much! But sagging skin is something that comes with getting old.
As we age, our skin begins to produce less oil, becoming drier and loose, causing aging of the skin. Today many women are opting for topical skin tightening treatments. There are topical creams that reduce the appearance of wrinkles and those that actually tighten the skin and reduce sagging.
If you’re trying to tighten your sagging skin, you need an “anti-aging” treatment. This could come in the form of a cream or serum. Anything “anti-aging” focuses on the whole aspect of aging, as opposed to a wrinkle cream which only focuses on one in particular.
Aging isn't just wrinkling showing, it’s sagging uneven skin tone and dark age spots. A good anti-aging treatment includes skin-firming ingredients like DMAE that improve skin, which tightens, firm and tone the muscles, giving the face a leaner look.
Another important ingredient is Ubiquinone, which is a super antioxidant that boosts our body’s ability to produce collagen, elastin, and other great skin molecules, making our skin look young and healthy.
Artificial collagen is something we want to avoid. We want the real thing—DMAE and Ubiquinone working together to help us produce elastin and collagen that once made our skin young and wrinkle free!
Get a name you trust and even if you love it, try another name you trust. I do that and am amazed sometimes how much better I like the second when I thought the first was terrific. Perhaps lotions are like shampoos. Even a great one needs a change up now and then.
Double Chin Hair Styles
Side partitions will give a puffed effect to your face, diverting the attention from your chin. The face will appear elongated! Always try to keep your hair below the shoulder, so that the attention will be focused on the hairdo. If you have curly hair, maintain a longer length while trimming it.
While getting these hairstyles done, remember that ones which end right above the jawline would give a slimmer appearance to your face. Whichever hairdo you choose, ensure that it suits your personality and that you are comfortable enough to carry it.
Dos and Don'ts of Hair
I dislike how they always say hairdos for fat women just because you want your face to look leaner or less full. Look at the girl above—I would not call her fat, but her picture was given for fat faces. We should all be so lucky, huh? How about that hairdo? Great for a round face for sure!
Haircuts That Help
The hottest short hairstyles of the moment are edgier and more modern than in years past. I'm seeing a lot of the following:
- Long bangs with shorter sides on the pixie
- Mussy "I just got out of bed and my hair is fabulous" shags
- Pompadours (razor short sides and long tops)
- Unstructured bobs
- Long bobs, worn wavy or straight
Many Tips and Great Hairdos
- Medium-length hair: Shoulder-length hair rather than medium-short to short styles elongate the face. Best with medium-to-fine hair types and a long blunt not sharp cut so it can be smoothed with a flat or curling iron to create a slim, chic modern style.
- Shorter layers: Create layers to accent your cheekbone, neckline, and jawline to create a slimmer line. Though shorter layers can be used for nearly any haircut, they do work better on medium-to-long styles. To soften the look, style layers with rollers or round brushes to create soft waves and flow.
- Cut bangs: How about bangs to add a trimmer/thinner look? They should never be too short and choppy-looking, but long, to be styled in different ways. See the picture above with the really long bangs or to the right look at Rachel's, so long to curl toward the face and cover the jawbone, giving a slimmer look. How about Miley's, that is long and swept back? There are so many things you can do with bangs unless you chop them off too short. But then, they do grow back, thankfully!
- Curly hair such as at the very top is OK away from the face, but you do not want curls right up against your face adding too much volume if you want a slimming style. Smooth curl is best as you can see in most of the photos that have curl and they create a sleeker line around the face.
Do not do anything too short or anything too wide, and have some fringing and soft lines around the face to conceal part of the cheek area and chin. Between the bottom of the ear and the top of the shoulder is the perfect length to take away from your face's circular shape. A cut that's smooth-looking and close to the head can give the appearance of a thinner face. Adding some height to the top can also work to elongate but there is a fine line here to not overdo it.
In the last link below are some short hairdos to make the face look thinner and I love them, but I think you will agree with me that most of these models have the look to pull them off and I am not sure just anyone could, especially the first one as you will see.
I certainly wish I could pull them off but they are interesting to look at and some are borderline to possibly be what you would want. So we have two choices and that is to trim the face or choose a hairdo to make the fullness less noticeable. Maybe we can work on both things, but we have some beautiful choices in the meantime!
Hairstyles for Round Faces
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Questions & Answers
I am seventy-years-old and thin. However, on-going prednisone treatment has given me jowls and a puffy neck. My hair is short. Would a longer hairstyle camouflage this puffiness?
I think it would. Not long, but just mid-neck to shoulder length. It would pull the lines of the face down to take away from a wider full face but not be drastic, as it may do in a very long length.Helpful 10
I am in my 60's, and have a long face and my neck is aging. Would a short pixie cut be a suitable and updated style?
With a pixie cut, you can manage a style more attractive to your face one way or another. Perhaps sweeping the hair forward as opposed to sweeping back away from your face. Having hair down around the neckline rather than shaved at the back may help create an elongated look.Helpful 7
© 2013 Jackie Lynnley