I have years of experience with natural home beauty remedies. I love sharing my secrets and tips with readers.
How to Get Long Nails
The beauty market is flooded with different nail products that promise stronger and healthier nails. However, how do you really know that these chemicals are actually growing and not damaging your nails?
In this article, I'm going back to natural nail remedies and will show you all of their benefits. If you want stronger and whiter nails without taking vitamins or applying harsh chemicals to your nails, this article is for you.
General Tips on How to Grow Natural Healthy Nails
- Keratin is your best friend when trying to grow healthy nails. This vitamin is essential to the production of nails and preventing nail breaks.
- While using natural remedies, one of the best things you can do is massage your hand and nails to enhance blood circulation. Constant and strong blood circulation encourages nail growth.
How Can You Get Strong Nails Naturally?
Here are a few different remedies to grow and strengthen your nails. All of these options are chemical-free and natural. However, everyone's nails and skin react differently, so you should stop and consult your doctor if you notice any redness or irritation.
Coconut oil is very hydrating and can help strengthen your nails and soften your cuticles. Also, it has anti-fungal properties, which is excellent news if you’re prone to nail infections.
For a nourishing treatment, warm coconut oil for 20 seconds in the microwave and massage it into the cuticles before bed.
Use three drops of jojoba oil every night before sleeping on your nails and hand. It's a potent moisture oil that contains vitamins and anti-inflammatory properties.
Jojoba oil targets and repairs damaged collagen matrix inside nail beds, improving strength and promoting healthy nail growth.
Read More From Bellatory
Also, it contains vitamin B-complex vitamins and vitamin E which helps skin repair.
Garlic is rich in selenium, which helps promote nail growth. To use garlic on your nails, you have two options.
- Simply cut a clove of garlic in half and rub and massage it into your fingernails.
- Or, if that is too intense for you, you could make garlic oil to make a nail mask. Sauté chopped or minced garlic in a pan with some olive oil for 10 minutes. Ensure that the oil does not bubble or smoke; this will burn off the healing elements. Let the oil cool, and strain the oil into a glass container, discarding the garlic pieces. You can then massage this oil into your nails and cuticles every night before rinsing off in the morning.
Lemon juice can help brighten and strengthen your nails. Like keratin, vitamin C promotes stronger nail and hair growth. Similar to garlic, there are two ways to add lemon juice to your nails.
- Using a cotton pad, swipe lemon juice over each nail and allow them to dry. You could also use a slice of lemon directly on the nail. Do this twice a week, followed by a rich moisturizer.
- You could also add a few drops of lemon juice to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and microwave in a cup for 15 seconds until it is warm to create a nail mask that can be massaged into your nails and left for 30 minutes, or if you can, overnight for maximum benefit.
The Five Best Ways to Naturally Whiten Your Nails
- Lemon: Rub the lemon to exfoliate and brighten your skin.
- Salt: Rub your hand with salt to soften cuticles and strengthen nails.
- Vinegar: Soak your fingertips in vinegar to brighten your nails.
- Baking Soda: Make a nail scrub and use it on your nails directly.
- Garlic: You can smash garlic, take the juice from it, and make a nail serum to whiten nails and help nail growth.
DIY Natural Nails Straightener
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Soak your nails for about 15 minutes in the mixture.
- Scrub your nails and your hand with the mixture.
- Wash your hand with warm water.
- Add a strong moisturizer or coconut oil to your hands and nails.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.