Valentine's Day Nail Designs
Being in love with someone special is the most wonderful feeling in the world!! There is no particular time or day to express love for your sweetheart, but Valentine's Day is one of the special days in every lover's life. People always show their feelings for their beloved on the 14th of February.
Every girl wants to look perfect on this special day, regardless of whether she is going out with her love or having a party with friends. Usually, girls like to dress up in red or pink on Valentine's Day because these colors are the symbol of love. But, I feel we should wear what we love and in this way, we can enhance our beauty.
These days, nail art has become so popular that everyone is looking for an excuse to have a manicure. It has become a very important part of our style. It also shows what we feel and we can express our feeling with our nail designs.
Wearing a plain red nail lacquer doesn't look cool to me. I think there are many other girls like me who love to wear different nail art on every occasion.
So, I plan to share some amazing Valentine's Day nail art ideas with you. I always try to share some tips and tricks with which you can create some stunning manicures at home. I have also used the theme of Valentine's Day in my manicures including some hearts and flowers in reds and pinks.
3D Heart Nail Art
- Nail polish colors: baby pink and red
- French manicure tips: V-shape
- 3D decals with stone
- Quick-dry topcoat
It is quite an easy nail art design. You can do it easily without getting messy hands. Follow these steps:
- Apply baby pink nail polish for the base. I have used a nude shade because it gives a perfect finish for French manicures.
- Now, apply the V-shape French manicure stencils on your nails.
- Apply red polish carefully, remove the stencils and let the polish dry.
- Finally, take some 3D decals and apply them as required.
- Seal your design with a quick dry top coat and your Valentine's Day nails are ready.
Pink Glittery Nails
- Pink and red nail polish
- Red glitter powder
- Transfer foil glue
- Red transfer foil
- Apply one coat of red nail polish or whatever color goes with your nail art.
- Let it dry and apply foil glue.
- Wait for a few seconds until your glue becomes transparent and sticky.
- Apply transfer foil carefully to your nails and press it firmly with your fingertips or Q-tips.
- Remove the foil and the design will transfer onto your nails.
- Finally, apply the topcoat, and it is ready.
For this nail art, I have applied two coats of pink nail polish and then sprinkled some red glitter powder on the nails. On the ring fingernail, I tried to give some glittery contrast with red foil. Seal your nails with a quick-drying topcoat. It will give a glossy and long-lasting finish.
It took 5-10 minutes to complete the design.
Read More From Bellatory
Red Love Valentine's Day Nail Art
How about using the word "love" in nail art? Here is another easy DIY nail art idea for Valentine's Day.
- I have applied white nail paint for the base.
- Then, I added a red French manicure with striping tape to give a smooth finish.
- After this, I used a dotting tool to write LOVE on my nails. How about a heart instead of "O" in "LOVE"? I feel it looks cool.
- Highlight with golden dots along the edges of the French manicure.
- Lastly, I added a layer of quick dry top coat to complete my nails.
Fuzzy Hearts Nail Art
For this design, I have tried a velvet nail art technique to make some fuzzy hearts on my nails.
- Nail polish colors: white, red, pink and orange
- Flocking velvet powder: red, pink and orange
- Thin nail art brush and a medium-size dotting tool
- First of all, apply two even coats of white nail polish and let them dry completely. You can put your fingers in ice-cold water to speed up the drying speed. Make sure that your white base is completely dry. If it stays wet, then the velvet powder will stick where you don't want it.
- Now, make a big heart with red nail polish and sprinkle red velvet powder on it. You can use stencils to draw hearts if you can't make fine hearts with a brush.
- Repeat step two and make some pink hearts.
- Finally, add some polka dots with orange nail polish and your Valentine's day nail art is ready.
Wine Heart Nail Art
Here is another nail art idea for Valentine's Day.
- China Glaze nail polish colors: Pure Elegance and Don't Make Me Wine
- White and silver dotting pen
- Quick-dry topcoat
- French Tips
For this Valentine's Day manicure, I used China Glaze nail polish.
- Apply one coat of Pure Elegance nail polish to the base of the design.
- Now, apply the French tips, and then Don't Make Me Wine nail polish.
- The next step is to add some accessories to the design. I have added some hollow hearts and heart-shaped stones to it.
- Complete the nail art with some white and silver polka dots.
- Be creative!! You don't need to copy the same design. Try your own..)
Red Love Nail Art
Valentine's Day is all about love, so why not express it with your nail art? For this, you need to have some experience with freehand designing. You can try drawing your design on paper first.
- Nail polish colors: white and nude
- Red Acrylic paint or red nail art pen
- Quick-dry topcoat
- Red transfer foil and foil glue
- French tips: Y style
- First of all, apply nude nail polish by China Glaze. Let it dry.
- Now, apply Y-style French manicure tips and apply white nail polish. This makes a heart shape on the nails.
- Then, use red acrylic paint to write "LOVE"' and paint some hearts.
- You can also use a red nail art pen for designing.
- Finally, apply a top coat on your nails to make them shiny and long-lasting.
Heart Water Marble Nail Art
You can also create Valentine's Day nail art with a water marble technique. It's an easy technique if you have a suitable nail polish brand. I always use China Glaze nail polish for this effect.
- At least two nail polish colors
- Clean water in a glass or bowl
- Put a drop of each nail polish color alternately in the glass of water. Repeat it 5-6 times.
- Quickly take a toothpick and start making a design in the water.
- Now, dip your finger in the water and remove it slowly.
- Use a toothpick to take off any excess polish.
- Finally, apply a topcoat.
I hope you like my nail art ideas for Valentine's Day. Please share your suggestions and comments.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2014 Jasmeet Kaur
Jasmeet Kaur (author) from India on February 09, 2016:
Aneesa on February 09, 2016:
Simply beautiful.I'm amazed.