I'm a makeup and beauty enthusiast, always on the lookout for fresh looks!
Blondes with green eyes and fair skin have beautiful features that can be enhanced with a customized makeup routine. Celebrities like Carrie Underwood, Molly Sims, and Amanda Seyfried are blessed with this beautiful combination of genetics, and they carry it off flawlessly.
This article offers makeup tips that are specifically for people with blonde hair, green eyes, and fair skin. Below, we will go over what to use and how to enhance your beauty by focusing on your skin, eyebrows, eyes, and blush and lip colors.
Foundation and Concealer
Green-eyed blondes often have cool undertones in their skin. You might have to experiment with a variety of brands of concealer and foundation because some cheaper brands have too much orange pigment in them. Your best bet is to go to a department store counter and try some samples.
Department stores are very helpful because they allow you to try before you buy. This way you won't waste your money buying bottle after bottle as you would with drugstore brands, and you will find a staple, quality foundation that will last you a long time.
Try to only wear foundation and concealer when you won't be sweating. For example, wearing this makeup at the gym or when walking on a hot summer day can irritate your pores as well as waste the product.
- Your best eye shadow colors will be varying shades of matte and shiny lavender, brown, and pink. I fell in love with the luxurious Tokyo In Bloom Eye Shadow Palette with its array of feminine shades. This palette has been indispensable to me because it has glittery nighttime shadows as well as neutral matte daytime colors. I use this shadow kit to get three special looks: an evening smoky eye with browns and purples, lavender and light pearl gradient for the day time, and a glittery light dusty rose and watermelon shade combination for formal events like weddings. With the included applicator sometimes I brush one of the darker shadows above my upper water line in place of eyeliner when I'm looking for a very subtle appearance.
- Daytime generally calls for a more subdued look, so using brown eyeliner and brown mascara is advised. Clear mascara is even better for this occasion, and especially for summer days. Black mascara and light black eyeliner look very striking and flattering on green-eyed blondes at night.
- If your eyebrows are blonde, you can pencil them in with a light to medium brown color. This will add structure to your face.
- Light eyebrows also look lovely when the color is left totally natural, since it is more rare to see people do this. If the sun tends to bleach your eyebrows it gives you a nice sun-kissed look as well. If you go for naturally light eyebrows just remember to keep the rest of your makeup routine light as well.
- If your eyebrows are naturally dark and you would like to change their color, you can lighten them with Jolen facial cream bleach. If you choose this option, make sure that the bleach or dye doesn't get into your eyes. Keeping up this look requires lightening your brows with new growth, which tends to be about every five or so days.
- Brown-infused lipstick colors, as well as soft pinks, hot pink, and sometimes cranberry red will be your best lip shades.
- Reserve your darker lip shades for when you will be wearing heavier eye makeup.
- The best blush colors for you will be light browns and pinks. Blushes with a brown tone go well with neutral-toned clothing. Pinks work best when you wear black, white, or pastels.
- If you want to contour your face you can carefully sweep blush on the sides of your nose, your upper forehead, and your upper cheeks.
- If you want a very simple and quick makeup routine, you can use your blush as an eye shadow. Because you are so light-skinned, soft blush colors will work well on your eyelids.
Trying a variety of colors on your face will help you figure out not only what appears best on you but what your personal favorite looks are as well.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Questions & Answers
Question: Do you think blondes with fair skin should use dark false eyelashes? They look so unnatural. Why not short but thick lighter-colored lashes?
Answer: Blondes look best with lighter lashes because they are beautifully natural. Light brown is flattering too because it isn't overpowering but gives off a nice framed look.
Question: Can blondes use a peach blush?
Answer: Yes, peach can be a very flattering color on blondes.
Question: I'm blonde with green eyes and pale skin, but I have neutral undertones. I look OK in pretty much any color, and OK wearing both gold and silver, but I don't seem to get my makeup right. I always look awful when I try darker shades of eyeshadow or eyeliner. I'm not sure at all about darker colors. How can I fix this?
Answer: Sometimes people with pale skin, including myself, just don't look best with darker shades of makeup, especially if your lashes are naturally lighter. Sometimes if you place concealer around your eyes and lids proportionately it helps create a better canvas to work on. If you try using darker shades, make sure your eyeliner as well as mascara are also in the darker range. If it doesn't work don't fight it. Just wear what looks best on you!
Question: Where can I find blonde or very light brown false eyelashes?
Answer: They are harder to find, but I like this brand and color: https://amzn.to/2Nr40XA. The thickness is realistic but still very noticeable as well.
Question: Which dye is best for blondes to dye their hair?
Answer: L'Oreal Paris Excellence Créme is a great brand because it comes with an easy comb filtered applicator, covers any gray hairs you might have, and includes a tube of conditioner you can use all month to keep your hair from getting dried out.
© 2012 Life and Luxury