Hannah is a writer, artist, and an inspiring makeup artist. She lives in Florida with her husband, son, and two cats named Obi and Molly.
It is really hard to find a good foundation that actually suits your cosmetic needs. There's a lot to consider when choosing a foundation, like how much coverage you want, skin condition concerns, cost, and skin tone matching. I know that my main cosmetic concerns are cost, dark eye circles, and redness. If I don't want to put out tons of money for high-end brands, I typically use drugstore products.
I ran out of makeup and concealer recently and was looking for something that worked well but was also affordable. I came across Milani's Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer. They had just recently added Milani to our Walmart, and I was always curious to try it. Here is my honest review about using this product.
- Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer
- Can be bought from Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Amazon.com, Milanicosmetics.com, Target, CVS, and Ulta
- Comes in 14 shades
- Conceals imperfections
- Reduces redness in the face
- A highly pigmented foundation
- No mess, no drip pump
What I Love About This Product:
- I easily found a shade that matched my skin tone really well. This is a huge concern of mine. I always tend to find foundation shades that are too orange for me because I have ivory skin with redder tones.
- I have natural redness in my cheeks. I try to conceal it all the time. I just needed to put a little dab on my cheeks and still got the coverage that I needed to hide my skin's redness. This is a definite plus!
- It conceals dark under eye circles really well! This is an issue I always tend to have because I am a full time mommy. My dark circles have gotten worse and my eyes always look tired. This product brightened those troublesome areas for me.
- This product is really affordable! I didn't want to spend a ton of money on high end products. I believe I paid $8.97 plus tax for it. The cost is great for a concealer/foundation.
What I Don't Love About This Product:
- It seemed as if the skin tone ranges are a bit limited. There is a lot of options for fairer skin tones, but the darker skin tones didn't have that many options. It just didn't seem fair, and it would be better—in my opinion—if there was more diversity for darker skin tones.
- This foundation oxidizes easily! This means when it gets exposed to air, it dries out, gets clumpy, or changes colors. I wore it for a few hours with primer and it looked fine. I did however noticed that it would dry quickly when I went to apply it to my skin. Drying too quickly doesn't allow much room to blend on your skin.
- This product is not for those whom have larger pores. I have about medium sized pores, and the foundation sunk into them pretty easily. This is could also be due to the foundation oxidizing. I found that wearing a pore minimizing primer before this applying this product diminished the foundation soaking in.
My Overall Honest Review:
My overall opinion on this product is that it is okay to use—on occasion. Keep in mind that what works for me, may work differently for another individual. For instance, I have medium pores, and have dry skin. If you have that combination, it may be a little harder for you to use this product. It's not entirely discouraged though because it does give great coverage! It hid my under eye circles and redness really well. It is super pigmented, and blends into my skin tone pretty easily.
I would suggest this product to my readers, but I also suggest the use of a primer and a moisturizer underneath. I also suggest reading up on the science behind oxidizing foundation, and how it can dry your skin out.
I will continue using this product, but I will probably just use it to conceal. It is best to use a foundation without too many oxides (Which can be found inside Milani's foundation). Oxides are usually added to foundations in order to thicken the formula. It is good for preventing sunburns, but it can dry the face out terribly.
Lorraine on November 01, 2018:
After seeing some reviews I tried Milani foundation. I usually wear Lacombe tiny idol but the color I have now is a bit too orange. So I purchased Milani and I really like it si far. Found a great color that matches my skin tone and it covers well and does not feel heavy. Using Mary Kay matte prmer which is amazing.
Hannah (author) on November 24, 2017:
I know exactly how you feel! I have found this to work good as a concealer for me. I also use dermacol as a concealer (which i will write a review about later on) I suggest both! Dermacol costs 18 dollars online, but i found mine on wish for 2 dollars. I used the NYX one too, which I liked as well. Hope this gives you some ideas!
Kierstin Gunsberg from Traverse City, Michigan on November 24, 2017:
Hannah, I seriously love your makeup reviews! I've been having a hard time finding concealer to hide my under eye circles which have gotten so much worse the past year. Between allergies and having two little kids I feel like a hopeless cause. I think I'll try this brand out next time. Right now I'm using one by NYX and it's okay for the price but I don't feel like it's really helping as much as I'd like. I'm still pretty raccoon-y.