Winter Nail Colors
With the first snowfall, we quickly pull out our best clothes and sweaters and embrace winter fashion trends. The fun days of summer may be over, but your nail lacquers shouldn't have to go into hibernation. Embrace your nails with the new sets of icy, wintery colors.
10 Best Nail Polish Colors For Winter
- Cobalt or Icy Blue
- Burgundy or Red
- Golden Shimmer
Wild glitter shades are best-suited for New Year or Christmas parties. For everyday use, you can go for subtle metallic shades, like China Glaze's Don’t Be Shallow, Marc Jacobs' Opaque Light Ash Beige, or Kundalini Hustle by Smith & Cult. These shades radiate winter vibes and add an additional element of color to your winter fashion ensemble.
1. Cobalt or Icy Blue
To perk up your mood during the dreary winter months, try a bright cobalt blue polish. This color is a meeting point between luxe and bold. Sinful Endless Blue is a super bright cobalt blue color that is perfectly opaque.
Another blue color you can wear this winter is cool, icy blue. You can wear Laura Mercier’s Icy Lacquer or China Glaze's Don’t Be Shallow (pictured above) from House of Colors 2016 collection.
Silver is a great fit if you are trying nail art. A subtle silver metallic is a great color for winter 2016. If you want a bolder look, then OPI My Signature is DC will be the color for you.
Keeping nails nude can give your look a splash of sophistication, irrespective of the occasion. You can also create a gorgeous manicure for the bride with nude shades.
- Essie's Comfy in Cashmere is a nude matte nail polish with blue shimmer from their matte collection. It is a taupe-y base that dries matte. Its shimmer is subtle but turns matte after topcoat. The formula is good but requires three coats for an opaque finish.
- China Glaze Sorry I’m Latte from their House of Color collection is a nude beige shade. The formula is thin with super good opacity.
- Marc Jacobs' Opaque Light Ash Beige (pictured above) is inspired by Marc’s lacquered coffee table. It is a perfect beige that is not too pink and not too gray.
4. Burgundy or Red
Burgundy or oxblood is a color that's perfect for the current vampy trend. Wearing burgundy nail polish is a simple way to create a dramatic look without wearing new clothes.
Red hues are also a classic for any season. If you are a traditionalist, then you will prefer scarlet red over burgundy. If you want to match the regal look of the winter season, then go for a ruby red color. Kundalini Hustle by Smith & Cult is a beautiful red that is perfectly suitable for coming winters.
Read More From Bellatory
5. Golden Shimmer
Get a touch of Midas when you use a golden shimmer nail polish in the winter months. If you are in love with golden nail polish color, then you have to stick with a light hue with just a touch of shimmer. It should be subtle, but also glitzy and glamorous.
The coffee brown nail lacquer shade is inspired by the way you cozy up yourself with a cup of coffee.
- OPI Decades of Shades is a red-toned brown nail lacquer. It is a beautiful color for winters with a wonderful formula.
- OPI Espresso Your Style is also an amazing shimmer brown polish. It turns and looks purple depending upon the light direction and the skin tone. The shimmer in this polish is so subtle that I always fall in love with it.
Another popular choice for winter is plum purple nail polish. But, a gothic-inspired look of winter will be complemented with the deep, opaque finish of purple. If you want a Baroque-inspired look, go for a metallic finish.
A holographic nail polish color can bring heaven to anything you do. Holographic and duo-chrome are top trends this season.
- Color Club Holographic Hues Blue Heaven is an amazing shade. It is a brand known for its high quality and rich texture nail lacquers. It is a sparkly, laser rainbow nail polish color that gives opaqueness in two coats.
- Another holographic nail polish you can try this season is 100% PURE Ultra Holographic by ILNP MEGA. It dries quickly and has great lasting power. It also has intense holographic sparkles that give off a laser finish.
Black is Black! Black is my all-time favorite nail polish color. I am saying it because I have finished more than 5 bottles of black nail polish from the day I started doing nail art.
- Nars Black Room is a deep and opaque nail polish. Its texture is intense with a crème finish.
- If you want to add some twist to your nails, then go for Orly Matte Vinyl. It is a black nail polish with a matte finish.
- NYX Frizzy Spots is another black nail polish on the list with chunky and fine silver flakes.
Try as hard as possible, but you can't skip grey in winters. The steel grey is high in demand these days. They come first with transfer foil and nail strips, but they crack when a top coat is applied. To remedy the situation, mirror finish nail polishes were introduced, but they were not as long-lasting.
How to Apply Chrome Powder for Mirror Nails
- Apply black nail polish for the base (you can apply normal polish as well as gel polish).
- Cure for 2 minutes under a UV lamp if you have applied black gel polish.
- Apply gel top coat and cure under a UV lamp.
- Now, rub chrome powder on your nails with an applicator. Rub it as hard as possible until you get a perfect mirror finish.
- Finally, apply gel top coat and cure under a UV lamp.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.