The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website.
One of the coolest things about being a human is we’re ever changing and evolving. This means that one morning we could wake up and suddenly decide that we want to switch something up — and that “thing” could be our look.
If you can totally relate and you’ve been thinking more and more about wearing eyeshadow, but you have no clue where to begin, no worries. Here’s a tutorial by @katiefarhood that can have people thinking that you’re a make-up pro.
Watch Video Here
If she spoke a little too fast for you, also no worries. Here are the key points to keep in mind:
· Start with a base or thick concealer. It will give your eyeshadow something to “stick” to.
· Make sure your base or concealer has no creasing after applying it.
· Use an eyeshadow brush to apply a color of your choosing.
· Flick the brush to remove any access powder.
· Dust your brush over the color of shadow that you want and then dab it onto your eyelids.
· Once the eyeshadow is applied, blend it over the crease of your eyes.
· Use a lighter shade for the part of your eye that’s above the crease.
And you’re basically done (after applying a couple of coats of mascara, that is).
Once you’re feeling confident with these steps, here’s a YouTube that can take things up a notch as far as adding more colors.
All of this might seem a little intimidating at first but after a couple of tries, you’ll get the hang of it.
Enjoy your season of shifting and transitioning. Should be fun. #wink