Banana Face Mask | Recipe & Banana Face Mask Benefits
In the beauty world, bananas are popularly known as “Nature’s Botox”. Why go under the knife, when you can have natural, painless, cheap and pure bananas to apply on your skin? If you already past the age of 26 (the estimated age when fine lines start appearing), make sure you regularly apply this banana honey face mask, at least once a week, to considerably slow down the proliferation of unwelcome wrinkles.
If you have aging skin or are worried about premature aging, the banana coupled with the honey create a powerful combo to bring back a youthful glow to your skin.
Got large pores and dull skin? This face mask will tighten up your pores and leave your skin with an amazing glow – try it out now & thank me later!
What makes Banana beneficial for skin?
There are many crucial nutrients in banana that make any banana face mask extremely effective for all types of skin – dry skin, aging skin or acne-prone skin. Banana face masks leave your skin feeling firmer, with a radiant glow because bananas are rich in minerals and vitamins that are particularly important for skin.
Let's take a deeper look at the banana face mask benefits:
Benefit for skin
Hydrates and moisturizes skin leaving it soft and smooth
Guard against bacteria, thus preventing acne
Fades dark spots and blemishes, reduces appearance of scars
Lightens skin tone, reduces appearance of wrinkles, prevents aging
Known as “The Protector”. Fights free radical damage, bolsters the skin’s UV resistance, prevents and reduces appearance of wrinkles
How to make a banana honey face mask
Making a banana honey face mask is so simple that it probably doesn’t need a tutorial at all. The banana honey face mask is just that – banana plus honey. Nothing more, nothing less. But I’m still gonna go ahead and show you exactly how to make it, and exactly what benefits this banana honey face mask can give your skin.
The banana honey face mask will help you even out skin discolouration, smoothen out your skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Banana is Nature’s Botox, remember? And honey is possibly the most important and most ancient antioxidant rich beauty remedy, whose benefits you can read here:
Benefit for Skin
Ancient superfood, antibacterial, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory, soothes skin, antioxidant, reduces appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, fights acne, dries out pimples, lightens skin, reduces blemishes, fades acne scars, prevents dry skin, combats free radical damage, reduces rashes, heals sun damage, promotes generation of new skin cells & many more!
What you need
- ½ a ripe banana (I used Chiquita)
- 2 teaspoons honey
1. Get your banana. You only need half a banana. Eat the other half. Mmmm...nom, nom. Now get your honey. Do not eat the honey. This is solely for the face mask. Ok, ok, fine. Go on, have a lick. That’s enough.
2. Get a small bowl, mash up the banana and honey with a fork.
3. Keep mashing until you get a smooth consistent gloopy mask. Make sure there are no lumps. This will make the mask easier to apply. Onto your cleaned face, with clean fingers, apply the banana honey face mask evenly all over your skin. Wait for it to sink in for around 10 minutes. Now wash off with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
1. When making a face mask, don't make it too complicated. No need to use blenders to grind your ingredients - a simple fork will suffice, trust me! No need to use a 'face brush' to apply the mask, just use your clean fingers, I say!
2. Facial steaming before applying a face mask is always advisable. It preps up your skin, by softening dead skin cells and opening up your pores.
3. For the banana face mask, use ripe bananas. The riper, the better! In fact, banana face masks are a great way to use up extra ripe bananas.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.