Want to hear candid views on products? You have come to the right place!
- Belif is a Korean skincare brand that integrates the concepts of a centuries-old herbal apothecary in its products.
- The company has a diverse portfolio of skincare products.
- The brand claims that it is the ‘most truthful skincare brand.’
- It draws inspiration from a renowned medical herbalist, Duncan Napier, who was able to cure his chronic cold symptoms using various herbs to make a cough syrup.
- Just like the renowned medical herbalist, the company incorporates true herbs in its products to give the best results to its customers.
About The True Cream—Moisturizing Bomb
The True Cream—Moisturizing Bomb has a slightly thick gel-like consistency. The cream is free from parabens, phthalates, and sulfates. It is dermatologically tested and doesn’t include any synthetic preservatives, fragrances, mineral oils, animal origin ingredients, or dyes. The cream is suited for normal and dry skin and provides a perfect solution for flakiness and loss of elasticity.
After application, the cream is supposed to “burst” and provide moisture to the skin. The formula contains comfrey leaf, which leads to the cream’s soothing and hydrating properties. Even though it is a bit thick at first, after application, the cream blends right into the skin just like the brand’s aqua bomb. It feels like a gift for dehydrated and dry skin.
The product has the following ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Dipropylene Glycol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Triethylhexanoin, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Peg-40 Stearate, Saccharomyces/Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces/Imperata Cylindrica Root Ferment Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearic Acid, Peg-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Poncirus Trifoliata Fruit Extract, Panthenol, *Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, *Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, *Nepeta Cataria Extract, *Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, *Baptisia Tinctoria Root Extract, *Stellaria Media (Chickweed) Extract, **Alchemilla Vulgaris Leaf Extract, **Viola Tricolor Extract, **Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, **Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract, **Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Achillea Millefolium Flower Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Extract, Menyanthes Trifoliata Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chelidonium Majus Extract, Urea, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Glycosyl Trehalose, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Edta, Tromethamine, ***Fragrance, Citronellol, Limonene
*Napiers Original Formula
**Napiers Moisture Formula
***Fragrances Of Natural Origin
Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Flower Extract, Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Extract
These ingredients have anti-aging properties and help protect skin's collagen.
Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Extract
These ingredients help fight pigmentation.
This helps the skin to stay highly hydrated.
Panthenol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract
These help decrease the discomfort on the skin.
Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract
This helps exfoliate the skin.
Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Tromethamine
This helps in keeping the formula stable.
This helps to maintain the stability of the product formula.
Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Triethylhexanoin, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Saccharomyces/Imperata Cylindrica Root Ferment Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract
These ingredients are responsible for making the skin soft and smooth.
Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Xanthan Gum
These ingredients help in binding the mixture of oil and water, which tend to separate.
Glycerin, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Panthenol, Achillea Millefolium Flower Extract, Urea, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate
Ingredients that help the skin to stay hydrated so that it feels moisturized.
Hydrogenated Polydecene, Dipropylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Extract, Fragrance, Citronellol, Limonene
Add fragrance to the product.
Water, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Dipropylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Limonene
These ingredients help dissolve other ingredients in the formula.
Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Xanthan Gum
These ingredients help the product to distribute evenly and with ease on the skin.
Dipropylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/?Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum
These ingredients give texture to the product, by thickening them to give a moisturizer like consistency.
Read More From Bellatory
Price of the Product and Packaging
The product is priced at INR 2660 (USD 38.00) for 1.68 Fl. Oz. (50ML). It comes in a plastic tub packaging, which is recyclable. The packaging is very minimalistic and travel friendly.
- The cream is lightweight, color free, and has a citrusy fragrance.
- It is not overpowering, but the cream may not be suitable for people with very sensitive skin.
- On application, the cream immediately blends into the skin, and you can feel the difference almost instantly.
- The cream doesn’t feel greasy on the skin after application, which is a major advantage. It makes the skin softer.
How to Use The Product
I generally like to apply the cream after using cleanser and toner and before applying sunscreen in the morning. The cream can be used both in the morning and night skincare routine. I use the cream at night after I have cleansed and toned my face.
- The cream is extremely moisturizing.
- It blends into the skin almost instantly and is non-greasy.
- The packaging is travel friendly.
- The product contains a lot of fragrance, which can be unsuitable for sensitive skin.
- There is no other benefit of the cream; it is simply a moisturizer.
After trying the aqua bomb from the same brand, I thought, why not give this product a try? Here are some of my observations:
- The moisturizer makes my skin feel very soft after use.
- I think it is a bit thicker than the brand’s aqua bomb.
- After one month of use, I have not observed this product breaking my face despite having a little rich texture. This is a huge advantage for me.
- I can feel the effect of the cream for about 8–10 hours after use.
- It is a great moisturizer for dry skin types, and when it comes to the brand claims, I think this product does justice to that.
- The only limiting factor to me was the product's fragrance, which I feel could have been avoided.
- I give this product 4 out of 5 for its instant moisturizing effect.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 PGupta0919
Kalpana Iyer from India on October 14, 2020:
Informative. I have heard a lot about Belif. I would like try one day.