Top 5 Benefits of Banana for Skin
Who knew that the humble banana offered so many beauty benefits for skin? It's rich in powerful anti-oxidants, phytochemicals, and moisture. This fruit will nourish and revitalize dry skin as well as smoothen rough and aging skin. If you have acne-prone oily skin, you can use it topically for oil control and to reduce further breakouts.
Benefits for Your Skin
Banana is great not just for your skin, but one's overall health as well. There are many powerful nutrients contained in the fruit that make it the perfect addition to your all natural face masks. Some of these include:
Benefit for Skin
Hydrates and moisturizes dehydrated skin.
Protect against free radicals that cause oxidative stress and prmature aging.
Heals dry, withered skin. Fades acne scars and dark spots. Smooths out aging skin.
Fights acne causing germs.
Necessary for the production of collagen. Fights off free radicals. For skin oil control.
Protects skin from UV damage. Slows down the process of aging. Fights free radical damage to skin cells.
Destroy bacteria that cause acne and pimples.
Nourishes skin. Strengthens connective tissue and helps maintain skin elasticity and strength.
Top 5 Benefits
- Skin moisturizer. Rich in potassium and moisture, it will hydrate and moisturizes dry skin, making it soft and supple. If your skin is peeling and dry, simply apply a banana face mask on your face. Get a small bowl, mash up a ripe banana with the back of your fork, and apply to your face, avoiding the area around your eye and mouth. Rinse with cold water after 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy the soft feel of your skin.
- Oil control. If you've got oily greasy skin, use a simple banana face mask with lemon juice and honey. Banana is a great exfoliator which helps slough off excess sebum on skin surface. It also contains and contains moisture, potassium, and vitamins E and C, which all promote clear glowing skin. Mash a ripe banana with the back of a fork and combine 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice to make an amazing face mask. Rinse off with a wet cloth or cold water.
- Anti-aging effects. Bananas, also known as nature's botox, contain super wrinkle fighting nutrients that helps fade age spots and prevent fine lines and wrinkles from forming. Coupled with other wrinkle-busting kitchen ingredients, you can gently nourish, exfoliate and protect mature skin. Slather on a thick coat of a powerful anti aging banana face mask containing one mashed banana, 1 teaspoon orange juice, and 1 teaspoon thick yogurt.
- Treats acne. Banana and its peels are excellent homemade remedies for treating acne and pimples. You can directly apply the inside of a banana peel onto your acne to reduce inflammation and destroy bacteria. Also, use a face mask with mashed banana, honey, and turmeric to brighten skin, reduce acne, and moisturize your skin. Wash this off with cold water and pat your face dry. Remember to be consistent to see results.
- Lightens dark spots. Whether it's acne scars, tiny moles, age spots, or just dark spots that make your face dull, you can reduce them and even out general skin discolorations by applying mashed banana onto your face at least twice a week.
Make an Exquisite Face Mask at Home:
Check out this step-by-step guide on how to create a skin-healing banana face mask that takes care of fine lines, wrinkles, acne, pigmentation, discolouration, and dry skin — all at once!
Face Masks with Banana
Skin Care Beauty Tips
- Banana face mask for glowing skin. Banana can be used topically for skin of all types. Containing anti aging and anti oxidant properties, a face mask will gently nourish, cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize aging, acne-prone, dry, normal and combination skin. You can also add extra skin friendly kitchen ingredients for a powerful face mask. For oily skin, combine 1 mashed banana with lemon juice and honey. For dry skin, use 1 mashed banana, with 1 tablespoon pureed avocado, and olive oil.
- Exfoliate skin cells. Gently slough off dead cells on the surface of the skin using banana and other skin friendly kitchen ingredients, such as coconut oil and oatmeal. Oatmeal has an abrasive texture that will help scour off excess dead cells on the skin surface while banana and coconut milk will keep the oatmeal from over exfoliating skin and hydrate and nourish skin.
- Smoothen rough cracked heels. If your heels look and feel rough, pamper them with a luxurious foot scrub to soften and smoothen them. After soaking your feet in warm lemon water, massage 2 to 3 mashed bananas onto your feet, concentrating on your heels. Rinse off with tepid water and say hello to lovely soft heels.
- Reduce puffy eyes. The inner surface of the peel can cool and reduce puffy red eyes and remove under-eye circles. Place the peel over your tired eyelids and relax for 10 to 15 minutes. When the time is up, remove it and wash your eyes with cool water. Eating them also helps reduce puffy eyes, as these fruits are rich in potassium and counteract fluid retention caused by sodium.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.