Elin loves writing about her beauty treatments and experiences.
Benefits of Spray Tanning
If you are considering getting a spray tan, here are 10 reasons why you should go for it! It's definitely something you need to think about before taking the plunge, so you can determine if it is actually worth it for you.
Why Should You Get a Spray Tan?
So let's get into it:
- A sun-kissed look: There is no doubt that a bronzed body looks amazing. Whether you are headed to the beach or just want to look good for a night out, a spray tan can give you the perfect amount of color.
- It is a safer alternative to tanning in the sun: We all know that too much sun exposure can lead to skin cancer. By getting a spray tan, you can avoid the harmful UV rays and still get that summertime glow.
- You can choose your level of darkness: When you are tanning in the sun, you are at the mercy of its rays. But with a spray tan, you can control how dark or light you want your tan to be.
- It is a quick and easy way to get tanned: Tanning in the sun takes time, sometimes hours. But a spray tan can be done in minutes.
- It is perfect for special occasions: If you have an upcoming event and want to look your best, a spray tan can help you achieve the look you desire.
- You can extend the life of your tan: By getting a spray tan, you can make your natural tan last longer. This is especially useful if you are going on vacation and want to maintain your tan.
- It can hide imperfections: If you are self-conscious about certain parts of your body, a spray tan can help you feel more confident by hiding blemishes and cellulite.
- It can make you look thinner: A dark tan can create an illusion of a slimmer body.
- It can boost your mood and confidence: Getting a spray tan can be a fun and relaxing experience. And the end result, looking and feeling great, can give you a confidence boost.
- It is an affordable way to get tanned: In comparison to other beauty treatments, a spray tan is relatively inexpensive. Plus, there are many deals and discounts available.
If you are looking for a safe, quick, and affordable way to get tanned, then spray tanning is definitely the way to go.
The Downsides of Spray Tans
Although spray tanning has many benefits, there are also some downsides that you should be aware of.
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you book your appointment:
- It can be messy and difficult to apply: If you don't have experience with spray tanning, it can be tricky to apply evenly. And if you don't apply it properly, you could end up with an uneven and streaky tan.
- Although it is relatively inexpensive than other methods, it's not free: Depending on where you go, a spray tan can cost anywhere from $20 to $100. And if you want to maintain your tan, you will need to get it touched up every few weeks, which can add up.
- It's not always natural looking: Spray tanning might not be the best option if you want a natural look. The color can sometimes look orange or fake, making it difficult to achieve a uniform color.
- It can be smelly: Some people find the smell of spray tanning solutions to be unpleasant. And if you don't shower right after your appointment, the smell can linger on your skin.
- It's not good for your skin: Although a spray tan is safer than sun exposure, the chemicals in the solution can still harm your skin. If you have sensitive skin, you might want to consider another option.
Although it is a convenient and affordable way to get tanned, it's not perfect. But if you keep these things in mind, you can ensure your experience is as positive as possible.
What Is the Spray Tanning Process?
If you've never had a spray tan before, you might wonder what the process is like.
Here's a quick overview of what you can expect:
- You will need to remove all jewelry and clothing: Before your appointment, make sure to remove all jewelry and clothing. This includes rings, bracelets, necklaces, and watches. You will also need to remove any clothing that might get in the way of the spray tan, such as bra straps.
- You will be given protective gear: When you arrive at the salon, you will be given some protective gear to wear, such as goggles and nose plugs. This is to prevent the solution from getting into your eyes or nose.
- The solution will be applied: Once you are ready, the technician will apply the spray tanning solution to your skin. They will usually start with your legs and work their way up to your torso and arms.
- You will need to wait for the solution to dry: After the solution has been applied, you will need to wait for it to dry. This usually takes about 10 minutes.
- You will be given instructions on how to care for your tan: Once the solution is dry, the technician will give you instructions on how to care for your tan. This includes when to shower and what products to use.
If you keep these things in mind, you can make sure that your experience is as positive as possible.
Spray Tan Tips
If you want to make sure that you get the best possible spray tan, there are a few things that you can do.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Exfoliate your skin before your appointment: One of the most important things you can do is to exfoliate your skin before your appointment. This will help to remove any dead skin cells and give you a smooth surface to work with.
- Choose the right solution: There are a lot of different spray tan solutions on the market, so it's important to choose one that is right for your skin type. You might opt for a solution with fewer chemicals if you have sensitive skin.
- Don't forget to moisturize: After your spray tan, it's important to moisturize your skin. This will help to keep your tan looking its best and prevent your skin from drying out.
- Be careful when showering: When you first get your spray tan, you should avoid getting it wet for at least 8 hours. After that, you can start to shower, but be careful not to scrub your skin too hard.
- Use a self-tanning lotion: In order to extend the life of your spray tan, you can use a self-tanning lotion. This will help to keep your skin looking bronzed and prevent your tan from fading too quickly.
Is Spray Tanning Right For You?
Now that you know more about spray tanning, you can decide if it's right for you. If you want a convenient and affordable way to get tanned, then spray tanning might be a good option. Just remember to keep the tips above in mind, and you'll be on your way to getting the perfect tan.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Elin Beck