25 Natural Home Remedies for Fair Skin
Want Fair and Beautiful Skin?
Do you have some dark spots on your face, an uneven complexion, or just some general sun damage on your face? If you're looking for some easy tips to make your skin healthier and fair, you've come to the right place.
The melanin pigment concentration in our the skin can cause a huge variation in many skin tones for us ladies. Whether you just want a smoother complexion or get naturally fairer looking skin, there's no need to opt for costly spa treatments or expensive creams.
Here are 25 tips and tricks — all affordable and natural home remedies — that you can employ if you want fairer skin.
25 Natural Home Remedies for Fair Skin
1. Water. Water is incredibly beneficial to our health — it not only helps keep us hydrated, but acts as a neutralizer to help balance things out. This includes your skin. Make sure you drink at least ten glasses of water every day to help remove under-eye dark circles. Drinking more water will also automatically help in making your skin glow.
2. Cucumber. Cucumber is a great source of nutrients and contains a lot of qualities that help to refresh your skin. This means that it can help in making your skin tone lighter. Grate some cucumber, then and mash it up. Take ½ to 2 teaspoons and apply it, spreading it on the face. Wait for 15-20 minutes, and then wash it off. This is a proven way towards getting a fair complexion.
3. Sandalwood oil. Use sandalwood oil on your skin's affected areas for removing pimples and eliminating any uneven, puffed up skin spots. You can also add some sandalwood oil to your regular daily facial cleansers and toners to get results quicker.
4. Lemon. Lemon has been proven to be an excellent bleaching agent in general. Of, course it's safe enough to use on your skin as well. Simply cut some lemon slices and, being careful to avoid squirting any citrus in your eyes, rub it against the affected areas of your face. This helps in getting rid of the spots and facial wear outs.
5. Lemon mixed into honey. Lemon and honey is a good mixture to use if you want naturally fair skin. Squirt some lemon juice into honey, mix up properly, and then use a spoon to gently apply it on the whole face, and spread it evenly with your hands. Then, leave this on for some twenty minutes. Then wash it off.
6. Almonds. The almond has many nutritional benefits — many of those apply to your skin. Eating them is very beneficial as is, but you can also grate almonds and mash it up with some warm water to make a paste for your skin for great results.
7. Gram flour paste. You can easily make this paste of gram flour (however much it takes to make it spreadable, 2-3 drops of lemon juice, and one or two teaspoons of milk. Apply it to your face and neck, let it sit for 15 minutes, wash, and then repeat this process weekly.
8. Mint leaves. Mint is also a great contributor to fair skin. Simply mix up some mint leaves with water by grinding it with a spoon. Use this paste on your neck and face, and then repeat if desired.
9. Turmeric powder. This brightly colored spice has many health benefits, including skin fairness. Make a paste of turmeric powder and lemon juice, cool it for some time, and then apply to your face, and then wash it off after a few minutes.
10. Curd. Curd is also known to improve your facial tones. It's a proven skin softener and complexion grower. It contains zinc and lactic acid, both which are useful for lightening and brightening your skin.
11. Coconut water and milk. Coconut water and milk are already very healthy to drink. You can also mix the two and apply this onto your skin as a wash to reduce scars on your face. Do this daily for the best results.
12. Egg white. Make sure you first remove the yolk, because as nutritious as it is, it may cause oily skin. Use the egg white as a paste for your skin to help reduce oiliness and help with skin fairness. Apply it twice a week for the best results.
13. Saffron. Mix some milk with a pinch of saffron. Then, take a cotton ball or cotton pad and dip it into the solution and apply onto your face.
14. Curd, oatmeal, and tomato. Mix curd, oatmeal, and cut up tomatoes into a bowl and mash into a concoction that you can then spread onto your face.
15. Basil leaves. Take some basil leaves (tulsi) and smash it to get the desired juice out of the leaves. Then, mix it with some lime juice and apply it onto your skin for 15 minutes daily. You will see the results in two weeks' time.
16. Cucumber juice. Using the juice from a mashed up cucumber, mix that with honey, and then apply that to your skin to help moisturize it. This will pave the way for a fairer complexion as well.
17. Honey and yogurt mix. Mix honey, yogurt, milk, and ground up sesame seeds. Then, apply this mix onto your skin. This will also help with oily skin if you suffer from that as well.
18. Clay material. Multani mitti (otherwise known as Fuller’s earth) is a clay material that's a great solution to helping with dark spots on your skin. Take some heaping spoonfuls, mix it with rose water and apply daily.
19. Papaya and watermelon. Papaya and watermelon, cut up, and properly mixed in equal amounts serves as a great face mask. This will help to get rid of any dark and oily skin.
20. Lemon sugar scrub. Dip lemon halves into sugar and then using it as a sponge, scrub it gently on your face till the sugar granules start to melt. Apply this throughout your body if desired. This helps in making the skin softer and fairer. Do not use if pimples or acne are there, however, as this could burst them.
21. Rose water. Rose water can be made by steeping rose petals in water. Applying the resulting water on your skin daily after you apply a cleanser can help make your skin softer and decrease the appearance of wrinkles as well.
22. Radish water. Take some cut up radishes, boil them in water, and use the resulting boiled radish water on your skin. Boiled radish water is good for your skin — make sure you apply the water on the face before bed.
23. Pineapple juice. Dip cotton balls into a bowl of freshly squeezed juice from a pineapple. Then, apply the juice gently onto your skin. Wash it after some time (20-30 minutes) to get good results.
24. Orange peels. Orange peels have been proven to increase skin tone. Take some, slice them up, and then grind it up with a mix of honey or curd, and then apply onto your face for proven results.
25. Cumin seeds. Cumin seeds have many great benefits for your skin. Boil cumin seeds with water and then use the results as a face wash in helping to prevent dark spots on your skin.
Always Protect Your Skin
Try any of the above methods and let me know how they work! If you keep them up, you'll likely see results.
Remember, however, that protecting your skin is just as, if not more, important.
- Always make sure to use sunblock if you're going to be going outside.
- Don't forget to take sunglasses with you if it's a sunny day.
- Proper exercise and green vegetables also help contribute to your skin's health.
Make sure you abide by these rules! They'll help ensure that the remedies above that you employ weren't just done so in vain.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.