I like investigating beauty regimens through personal experimentation and writing.
Want Fair and Beautiful Skin?
Do you have some dark spots on your face, an uneven complexion, or just some general sun damage on your face? If you're looking for some easy tips to help your skin look healthy and fair, you've come to the right place.
The melanin pigment concentration in our skin can cause a huge variation in many skin tones for us ladies. Whether you just want a smoother complexion or you're hoping for naturally fairer looking skin, there's no need to opt for costly spa treatments or expensive creams.
Here are 25 tips and tricks—all natural and affordable home remedies—that you can employ if you want fairer skin.
1. Water. Water is incredibly beneficial to our health—it not only helps keep us hydrated, but it also acts as a neutralizer to help balance things out. This includes your skin. Make sure you drink at least ten glasses of water every day to help remove under-eye dark circles. Drinking more water will also automatically help in making your skin glow.
2. Cucumber. Cucumber is a great source of nutrients and can also help to refresh your skin and gradually make your skin tone lighter. Grate some cucumber, then and mash it up. Take ½ to 2 teaspoons and apply it, spreading it on your face. Wait for 15–20 minutes, then wash it off. Many people have reported success with cucumber in terms of gradually attaining a fairer complexion.
3. Sandalwood oil. Use sandalwood oil on your skin's affected areas for removing pimples and eliminating any uneven, puffed-up skin spots. You can also add some sandalwood oil to your regular daily facial cleansers and toners to get results quicker.
4. Lemon. Lemon has been proven to be an excellent bleaching agent in general. It's mild enough to use on your skin as well. Simply cut some lemon slices and, being careful to avoid squirting any citrus in your eyes, rub it against the affected areas of your face. This helps in getting rid of the spots and facial wear outs.
5. Lemon mixed into honey. A lemon and honey paste is a good mixture to use if you want naturally fair skin. Squirt some lemon juice into honey, mix up properly, and then use a spoon to gently apply it on the whole face, spreading it evenly with your hands. Leave on for some twenty minutes, then wash it off.
6. Almonds. The almond has many nutritional benefits, and many of those apply to your skin. Eating them is very beneficial, but you can also grate them and mash them up with some warm water to make a paste for your skin for great results.
7. Gram flour paste. You can easily make this paste of gram flour (however much it takes to make it spreadable), 2–3 drops of lemon juice, and one or two teaspoons of milk. Apply it to your face and neck, let it sit for 15 minutes, wash, then repeat this process weekly.
8. Mint leaves. Mint is also a great contributor to fair skin. Simply mix up some mint leaves with water after grinding them with a spoon. Use this paste on your neck and face, then repeat if desired.
9. Turmeric powder. This brightly colored spice has many health benefits, including skin fairness. Make a paste of turmeric powder and lemon juice, cool it for some time, and then apply to your face. Wash it off after a few minutes.
10. Curd. Curd is also known to improve your facial tones. It's a proven skin-softener and complexion grower. It contains zinc and lactic acid, both of which are useful for lightening and brightening your skin.
11. Coconut water and milk. Coconut water and milk are already very healthy to drink. You can also mix the two and apply this onto your skin as a wash to reduce scars on your face. Do this daily for the best results.
12. Egg white. Make sure you first remove the yolk, because as nutritious as it is, it may cause oily skin. Use the egg white as a paste for your skin to help reduce oiliness and help with skin fairness. Apply it twice a week for the best results.
13. Saffron. Mix some milk with a pinch of saffron. Then, take a cotton ball or cotton pad and dip it into the solution and apply onto your face.
14. Curd, oatmeal, and tomato. Mix curd, oatmeal, and cut up tomatoes into a bowl and mash into a concoction that you can then spread onto your face.
15. Basil leaves. Take some basil leaves (tulsi) and smash it to get the desired juice out of the leaves. Then, mix it with some lime juice and apply it onto your skin for 15 minutes daily. You will see the results in two weeks' time.
16. Cucumber juice. Using the juice from a mashed up cucumber, mix that with honey, and then apply that to your skin to help moisturize it. This will pave the way for a fairer complexion as well.
17. Honey and yogurt mix. Mix honey, yogurt, milk, and ground up sesame seeds. Then, apply this mix onto your skin. This will also help with oily skin if you suffer from that as well.
18. Clay material. Multani mitti (otherwise known as Fuller’s earth) is a clay material that's a great solution to helping with dark spots on your skin. Take some heaping spoonfuls, mix it with rose water and apply daily.
19. Papaya and watermelon. Papaya and watermelon, cut up, and properly mixed in equal amounts serves as a great face mask. This will help to get rid of any dark and oily skin.
20. Lemon sugar scrub. Dip lemon halves into sugar and then using it as a sponge, scrub it gently on your face till the sugar granules start to melt. Apply this throughout your body if desired. This helps in making the skin softer and fairer. Do not use if pimples or acne are there, however, as this could burst them.
21. Rose water. Rose water can be made by steeping rose petals in water. Applying the resulting water on your skin daily after you apply a cleanser can help make your skin softer and decrease the appearance of wrinkles as well.
22. Radish water. Take some cut up radishes, boil them in water, and use the resulting boiled radish water on your skin. Boiled radish water is good for your skin — make sure you apply the water on the face before bed.
23. Pineapple juice. Dip cotton balls into a bowl of freshly squeezed juice from a pineapple. Then, apply the juice gently onto your skin. Wash it after some time (20-30 minutes) to get good results.
24. Orange peels. Orange peels have been proven to increase skin tone. Take some, slice them up, and then grind it up with a mix of honey or curd, and then apply onto your face for proven results.
25. Cumin seeds. Cumin seeds have many great benefits for your skin. Boil cumin seeds with water and then use the results as a face wash in helping to prevent dark spots on your skin.
Always Protect Your Skin
Try any of the above methods and let me know how they work! If you keep them up, you'll likely see results.
Remember, however, that protecting your skin is just as, if not more, important.
- Always make sure to use sunblock if you're going to be going outside.
- Don't forget to take sunglasses with you if it's a sunny day.
- Proper exercise and green vegetables also help contribute to your skin's health.
Make sure you abide by these rules! They'll help ensure that the remedies above that you employ weren't just done so in vain.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
RachelLf99 on May 21, 2020:
I just want to share my success story. Hope this helps. I’ve been using Retin-A (Tretinoin). No side effects at all. Very happy I found * QACNE365 * in google and got retin-a. It is hands down the most effective anti-acne, anti-dark spot, anti-whatever skin flaw you may have. It is the only thing that has actually helped with my acne.
Ebenezer on January 06, 2020:
Margaret on August 16, 2019:
Which kind of yoghurt.Can you show me the picture
Biswabhusan Panda on July 22, 2019:
Thanks to Admin for Sharing these Skin Care Tips. I Bookmarked and Shared your link in Facebook. Keep sharing such good Articles. Addition to your Story here I am Contributing few more Similar Stories.
Aparna on May 29, 2017:
ram on March 27, 2017:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv on February 21, 2017:
thank you for helping me
pallavi on February 20, 2017:
it is very helpful to us......
i think it will improve my sister's face dark spots.
muskan on December 01, 2016:
It is rally a good method
I like it
VERO on August 18, 2016:
Thank you Iam going to try some of them out
sonam on August 09, 2016:
it is a very great tips for all of us. everything is available at home and only thing we have to do is just apply everyday. thank you very much.
Adi jain on July 20, 2016:
Can any one say that I have pimples and dark spots in my face. So friends any one help me which one I need to use to become fair and beautiful
Joemel Cabangon on June 29, 2016:
Dermalmd Even Tone Serum is amazing. This works great on me for evening out my skin tone on my face (dark spots, redness, eye circles, etc) and also keeps my face hydrated through out the day. Since it has sunscreen in it I like it put it on before I get in the pool and the chlorine won't dry my skin out!
FrancyzaLima on May 22, 2016:
I have been using DermalMD Lightening Serum for a few weeks now and the skin on my hands is so much lighter and the pigmentation has faded by using the DermalMD the darker spots are also gone.
Sweaty on April 27, 2016:
sabah on April 24, 2016:
how many times can we use lemon in a week?
Ayesha on April 06, 2016:
I am going to try the tips
lauratr45 on April 01, 2016:
DermalMD Even Tone Serum Great and it has a light smell to it. It smooths on pretty good and dries fairly quick. I have used other skin brightening creams that I've bought in stores but this one works better. The other ones seemed to take more time to brighten. This cream has already brightened my skin in a short amount of time. I haven't had any irritation using the cream twice a day once in the morning and once at night.
kajal on March 28, 2016:
Very helpful tips......awesome
shanaya on June 19, 2015:
These tips are really useful ..........
try it nd especially lemon one
princy on June 18, 2015:
Kiran on June 17, 2015:
Use..full tips and thank for this tip's
Muskan on May 28, 2015:
salwa on May 16, 2015:
Well frnds I have not try all these remedies but yet I will try it and I think so it will help me too....
frnds does lemon is good for acne problem..Please say me fast ..... I want fair and acne free face and neck in one month so which remedie is good
Preeti on May 05, 2015:
nice tips should be tried , it works
bithi on April 22, 2015:
This simple ways known to most of all .. Say somethng different new ways .well thankx for reminding all.
sahal on April 19, 2015:
thara on April 16, 2015:
iram on April 10, 2015:
Tips for dark cmplxn n oily skin type
debyani on April 10, 2015:
Cool tips good to use especially in summers
Rinki dass on April 09, 2015:
I will defintly try ....this tips
reem on March 29, 2015:
Awesome tips ...really helpful
siya on March 15, 2015:
Very great remediese
I like it ooooioooio
valli on March 03, 2015:
i tried cucumber juice but nothing happenes
priyanka on March 01, 2015:
nyc tips......i will try this
richa on February 22, 2015:
Good tips gram flour really work
sameer shaik on February 15, 2015:
Really a wonderful tips
Mustafa Patel on February 05, 2015:
Rs.80 Kelly,Arche,Yoko,Stillman and many more imported product of Thailand & Taiwan in Mumbai.Cont-09820212528
Farkha on January 29, 2015:
nice tips lets try to see the results
harshi on January 26, 2015:
If i use besan , turmeric, milk on my skin it make my skin fair or not in one week
arunima sen on January 22, 2015:
not too helpful,i've tried it many times
vijisri on January 15, 2015:
Seems to be very useful, simple and awaiting for the result.....
Ahmedi on January 01, 2015:
Awesome tipss vryy effective
riya on December 27, 2014:
it is very useful for me
sweety on December 18, 2014:
made my skin bright.....ty 4 tips
swaleha on December 06, 2014:
I like all the remedies i will try it certainely
harshi on November 23, 2014:
Is only cucumber make my skin fair????
Sumit on September 06, 2014:
Thanks for publish amazing tips. Here is some important habits to get fairness in easy ways at home. Must try this.
Aaliya kapoor on August 16, 2014:
Whatever you do you wont get fair skin within few weeks or months...just be satisfied with whatever you have and take care of it..
hitisha on June 27, 2014:
Its very helpful fr me.......i m very worried abt my skin....it is very nice tips....
sawira on June 24, 2014:
meenal on June 07, 2014:
sathya on June 04, 2014:
It is not a useful tips nothing worked on my skin
raj agrawal on May 16, 2014:
aniket on April 29, 2014:
gagana on April 07, 2014:
sussane on March 23, 2014:
awesome!!!seems vry easy
shravya on February 24, 2014:
AMASHA on February 18, 2014:
Wow! they are very easy .
afreen kamal on February 11, 2014:
shina khan on February 02, 2014:
I'll try this tips first
ishwarya on January 17, 2014:
I think so none of the tips will work as the color is determined by nature
raisa on January 09, 2014:
It works nice tips and use ful.
Aman sharma on January 03, 2014:
its very helpful things...
prati on November 30, 2013:
It's awesome tips....let's try it once......
pakhe on November 29, 2013:
its really good result.........
Nam on November 21, 2013:
thanks u ...lemon and tumeric is very useful
sanghamitra on September 16, 2013:
lemon juice & honey really good for skin
Lakshmi on September 15, 2013:
Lemon is just awesome
pinky on August 17, 2013:
Angel on May 30, 2013:
Thanx for the nice tips. It's really work:)
meenakshi on May 22, 2013:
awesome tips grt
divya on May 01, 2013:
well friends ,, i have not used this tips but i had listened these of tips rom my mom ndd nani .. i will apply this as i hope i would get better results
Divya on April 22, 2013:
Good tips......... Its very helpful.............Thank you.
chirag on April 22, 2013:
its realy helpful
jewel on April 18, 2013:
very!!!!!!Nice tips and its useful to me
I am hapieeeeeeeeeeeeeee
pragati upadhyaay on March 21, 2013:
wowwww!!!! lemon is just a
wonderful fairnes agent...thanxx a lottt.. it helped me a lott
sheena on March 12, 2013:
seems interestin...........wil try
dipika on March 06, 2013:
nice tips ...i used one of them ..it works but slowly.
pari on February 22, 2013:
thanks a lot for these homemade tips they really work-pari
haleema gull on February 16, 2013:
salwa on January 27, 2013:
very good tips thanks for giving it
anu on January 24, 2013:
thankx for the tips. i ll certainly try it.
Yash on January 22, 2013:
The above methods will work absolutely. Thanks for sharing with us such great information. Visit my blog skin-and-self-help.blogspot.com for more information.
namera on January 14, 2013:
afroz akthar on January 07, 2013:
amazing tips .......it is really very natural and nice........
amrit on December 21, 2012:
shruti on December 10, 2012:
Tell me a nice tip for my bf he is litterly dark...llz these tips can boyss apply
joimy on December 06, 2012:
Tabassum on November 26, 2012:
Anusha Hilt on November 08, 2012:
awesome tips ...:)
ritu rajput on November 01, 2012:
all tips are effective, have patient and use nly 1 out of them for the better result. my self I am using face mask of gram flour(basin)+unboiled milk(without cream). for the first time when i used it i really noticed that my skin becomes smothe and clear.....earlier when i was suffering from acne i used the mixture of oatmeal with honey for whole night and when in the morning i washed my face i really noticed that my acne were quitely removed. so ave patient and go ahead with these home reedies. u will definitely become hapieeeeeeee. tc....:)
khalid on October 27, 2012:
arzoo gupta on October 21, 2012:
i have experienced.........
sarah on October 18, 2012:
I used cucumber juice for months! Nothing happened :( These are really good tips though, may try one in the future. Right now I'm using a whitening cream called Monsia, it has lots of vitamin C so its safer for skin and it does a better job at making it all bright and glowy :)
swati on October 15, 2012:
so easy and good tips... thank u for all these info....hope these will work for me..
priyadharshni on October 09, 2012:
Thanks... for this wonderful tips
vibha chaudhary on September 30, 2012:
These are so easy and very helpful tips
priya on September 29, 2012:
yeah above mentioned was useful to me.
arthi on September 29, 2012:
its good n essential ..........