The Best Home Remedies for Fair and Glowing Skin
Safe Steps for Naturally Fair and Beautiful Skin
Many of us dream of having fairer skin that simply glows. We try commercial creams and beauty products, but the effect only lasts for a certain period of time. These products also vary in terms of safety and can be expensive.
Let me share with you some of the best home remedies my grandmother taught me. They may not give you instant results, but with consistent use, you will notice marvelous change after 45 days.
Gram Flour Mixture to Lighten Skin
This mixture is great for promoting soft skin and eradicating blackheads.
- Besan (gram or garbanzo bean flour)
- Lemon juice
- Mix ingredients together.
- Apply mixture to your face at night.
- Wash off with water after 30 minutes. Avoid using soap.
For best results, do not wash it off directly. Instead, pat your face with wet hands and try to massage the mixture for two minutes before rinsing off completely. This will remove dirt, blackheads, and tan skin cells. Your skin will be silky soft. Use this recipe daily and you will have wonderful skin.
Citric Acid in Lemon to Lighten Skin
Many commercial skin bleaching products contain hydroquinone, a chemical that inhibits the skin's production of melanin. Hydroquinone has been banned in Europe, however, and can be irritating to skin when used at concentrations higher than 2%. Some products combine hydroquinone with cortisone, which is unsafe for repeated use.
There are safe and inexpensive alternatives to harsh chemicals. Citric acid (present in all citrus fruits) is a natural source of hydroquinone and can be mixed easily with other items to create skin-lightening treatments. Here are a few my grandmother taught me:
- Mix olive oil with sugar and lemon juice. Use this as a scrub once a week for baby soft skin.
- Add some salt and lemon juice to milk and use it for cleansing. This is the best way to exfoliate your skin.
- Mix turmeric powder with lemon juice and apply to your face to enhance your complexion. (Please take care. Turmeric powder does not suit all skin types.)
Almond Paste to Lighten and Protect Skin
Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, which protects skin from the sun's darkening rays. You can make them into a paste at home and use it to keep your skin happy and healthy.
- Make a paste by soaking almonds in water overnight.
- In the morning, make a paste of the softened almonds and mix with raw milk.
- Apply to your face and wash off after 20 minutes.
This will make your skin soft and supple. Repeating this treatment will lighten your skin while protecting it from the sun.
Glycerine Facial Cleanser for an Even Skin Tone
Glycerin can be used in a number of ways to help even out your skin tone. These are the two methods I use:
- Mix milk, lemon juice, and glycerine into a paste. Apply gently to your face and wash off after 30 minutes. This is the best recipe to improve your complexion and moisturize your face during the winter season.
- For an overnight moisturizing treatment, mix lemon juice, glycerine, and rose water in equal quantities. Apply this to your skin instead of your regular moisturizer and leave on overnight. Wash off in the morning when you wake up. This is also a great winter moisturizing treatment. Make this treatment a routine and I bet your skin will never feel dry again.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.