Creamy Homemade Deodorant Antiperspirant
After making the Basic Homemade Deodorant, I decided to try a creamier version. By adding some different ingredients, the deodorant comes out smoother and more luxurious. The recipe is just as easy and healthy as the basic recipe, and the ingredients are just as inexpensive and easy to find in stores. It is adapted from the recipe found on CrunchyBetty.com
I know I'll be sticking with this recipe. The texture is rich and smooth, the smell reminds me of a spa, and I use the excess as a lotion. It feels amazing! I hope you'll try it and enjoy knowing that you are removing harsh chemicals from your skin care regime.
Ingredients and Their Benefits
Coconut Oil: Antibacterial, which helps fight odor, creates creamy texture and sweet scent
Cornstarch: Acts as an antiperspirant, fights sweat
Beeswax: Acts as an antiperspirant, helps bind ingredients and gives solid texture
Cocoa Butter: Adds to creaminess and gives sweet scent
Tea Tree Oil: Antibacterial and Antifungal; fights bacteria and fungus to keep you from smelling
Essential Oil: Adds healthy fragrance
Empty Deodorant Container: Provides easy application - no scooping!
1. Melt 4 T coconut oil and 1 1/2 T beeswax in pot on low heat. The beeswax I used is more of a butter, but you can use solid beeswax and just grate it.
2. Add one T cocoa butter and mix in until melted. Do not let it melt too long.
3. As soon as cocoa butter is melted, sprinkle in 3-4 T cornstarch and mix in.
4. Add in 7-10 drops each of Tea Tree Oil and Essential Oil. Mix in.
5. If your mix is not completely creamy yet, whisk the ingredients.
6. Remove the pot from the heat. Wait a few minutes while the mixture cools and sets a little, but don't let it solidify.
7. Once it thickens a bit, slowly pour the mixture into the clean, empty deodorant container. Fill it to the top, but don't let it spill over. If the mix is just thick enough, you can get the nice dome shape that you see on commercial deodorants. (I was a bit too impatient here)
8. Make sure the edges are clean, and place the container in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to set completely.
I love how creamy and smooth this is! And the smell is divine!
Just like the other homemade deodorant, give your body a few days to get used to the new ingredients. To avoid marks on your clothes, let the deodorant dry for a few minutes before dressing completely.
Unless you keep your house cold, you'll need to keep it in the fridge so that it does not soften. Enjoy!
Please Vote & Comment Below
Have you tried the Creamy Homemade Deodorant?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.