Margaret Minnicks has been an online writer for many years. She writes articles that are interesting to her readers.
There seem to be many creams and ointments on the market to get rid of dark circles under the eyes. On one episode of The Real, the hosts of Fox's daytime talk show illustrated how to use home remedies to do the trick. Adrienne Houston, Loni Love, Tamera Mowry-Housley, and Jeannie Mai gave some very important tips that are sure to eliminate dark circles from under the eyes—no matter how long they have been there.
Co-host Jeannie Mai mentioned to co-host Adrienne Houghton that cucumber slices have often been used to get rid of dark circles. However, Jeannie suggested something even better.
- Crush a handful of parsley in warm water and make a paste.
- Place the wet parsley paste directly onto the dark areas under your eyes. Either use your fingers or apply with a sponge.
- This should be done more than once so the circles can completely disappear.
2. White Potatoes
Co-host Loni Love explained that raw white potatoes can be used to get rid of dark circles. White potatoes are much better than cucumber slices because white potatoes will stay cold much longer. White potatoes are loaded with Vitamin C and other nutrients that help eliminate dark circles.
- Put the potato in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the potato into thick slices and place a slice on the dark area under each eye while lying down. Make sure to use a slice large enough to cover the dark area underneath.
- Leave the slice on for about 15 minutes for immediate results.
Most people might not know this, but raw white potatoes contain natural bleaching agents that will not only help lighten dark circles under the eyes, but they will also eliminate puffiness from around the eyes.
Co-host Tamera Mowry-Housley also used Adrienne as her model. She told Adrienne that milk is not just for drinking. In fact, milk can get rid of under-eye dark circles.
- Pour some milk in a bowl.
- Soak a cotton ball in the milk and place it over the dark areas under her eyes. Make sure the milk-soaked cotton ball covers the dark circles under the eyes as well as the eyelids.
- Keep on eyes for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Rinse the eyelids well with cool water.
- Repeat once or twice daily. It might take a few weeks to see significant results, depending on how dark the skin is.
Milk helps to rid dark circles from around the eyes because it contains Vitamins A, B6, B12, and D to help build new skin cells.
Other Food Products That Work
Only three food products were illustrated by the women of The Real. However, there are other food products that can to be used. They include the following items:
- Soaked tea bag (preferably green tea)
- Avocado mask
- Rose water
- Avocado mask
- Coconut oil
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on January 29, 2017:
Very useful. And such cost-effective treatments for such a huge problem. Thanks for sharing.
Margaret Minnicks (author) from Richmond, VA on January 26, 2017:
This article contains great tips. Hope you find them useful. Feel free to share your own remedies.