DIY: 5 Natural Acne Face Mask Recipes
Acne is not only an aesthetic problem, but it can also cause psychological discomfort. Today, there are many ways to deal with acne including using pharmaceutical treatments with topical preparations and/or undergoing cosmetic procedures.
Homemade acne facial masks with purifying and anti-inflammatory effects are simple, inexpensive, and just as effective. Depending on the ingredients, these masks can also nourish and moisturize your skin.
When To Use Homemade Acne Face Masks
Homemade acne masks can be used when:
- Acne is the result of hormonal changes in the body.
- Acne is not caused by internal disease.
- The treatment of source of infection has been started.
- Less than 25% of facial skin is damaged by acne.
Homemade acne masks shouldn't be used when:
- There is intense inflammation of facial skin.
- More than 25% of face is damaged by acne.
- Acne is caused by diseases of internal organs.
- There is an allergy on one of the mask's components.
Before mask application, test the ingredients on the inner side of your elbow. If there is no allergic reaction in two hours, the mask is safe to use on your face.
Ingredients For Natural Face Masks From Your Kitchen
Potato, pumpkin, cucumber and garlic have strong acne-fighting properties, but based on what else you need for your skin, you can choose one ingredient over another. Take a look at all their properties below:
Benefit for Skin
Improves skin structure, gives it slightly white and pink coloring, helps with pigment spots and freckles.
Has anti-inflammatory action, helps not only with acne, but also with skin burns and rash.
Cleanses and smoothes skin, nourishes, moisturizes, soothes irritations, shrinks pores, has whitening effect.
Has strong antiseptic properties.
Homemade Mask Effects
Apart from fighting acne, homemade face masks have cleansing and astringent effects. They also nourish and heal, increase blood flow, resulting in skin rejuvenation, mattify skin, eliminate oily shine and blackheads, and shrink pores. The masks can be used daily. To improve mask effectiveness it should be combined with a good and balanced nutrition and healthy lifestyle. During the application, it is best to lay down in a comfortable position and have a rest.
Here are five simple, natural, and skin-friendly acne face masks that contain several other valuable kitchen ingredients, for healthy, breakout-free skin.
1. Pumpkin Potato Acne Face Mask
The mask moisturizes and enriches skin with vitamins, purifies and reduces inflammations and evens out skin tone.
- 1 tablespoon fresh potato juice
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin juice
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Damp gauze in the mixture.
- Apply on face and keep for ten minutes.
2. Cucumber Acne Face Mask
This mask perfectly cleanses and mattifies oily skin, reduces acne and breakouts if applied regularly. In addition to that, it nourishes and hydrates skin, enriching it with essential vitamins. Baking soda is great in exfoliating and helping remove dead cells. It also balances pH level of the skin which helps in maintaining even and clear skin.
- 1 fresh cucumber
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Grate unpeeled cucumber.
- Add baking soda and apply the mixture on face.
- In 20 minutes rinse off with warm water.
It’s important to use cucumber mask immediately after preparation, because with time it becomes less effective.
3. Clay Acne Face Mask
This mask regulates sebaceous activity of the skin, shrinks pores, reduces inflammations and acne. Apart from that, it perfectly purifies skin, stimulates regeneration processes, enriches skin with essential minerals and nutrients.
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon cucumber juice
- 2 tablespoon blue or black cosmetic clay.
- Mix lemon and cucumber juice
- Add cosmetic clay to the mixture
- Apply the mixture to face and leave for 20 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
4. Cucumber and Egg White Acne Face Mask
The mask effectively purifies oily skin, mattifies and reduces inflammation.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons cucumber juice
- Grate cucumber.
- Squeeze juice from it.
- Whip egg white and mix it with cucumber juice.
- Apply even layer of mask on face.
- In 20 minute rinse off with cool water.
5. Garlic Acne Face Mask
The mask if effective in fighting bacteria, yeasts, fungus, viruses and infections. It also reduces comedones and acne.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mince garlic and mix it with oil.
- Make a napkin out of gauze, fold it in half, put mixture of garlic and oil inside and apply on facial problem areas.
- Remove napkin in 15 minutes and wash your face with cool water.
© 2017 Shushanik