DIY Blackhead Removing Mask
This easy to make mask visibly minimizes the appearance of pores, strips away excess oil, and exfoliates for a bright, fresh-faced appearance! It lifts away pore clogging impurities for baby soft, blackhead free skin!
I've personally used this mask and, for me, it works better than any expensive store bought strips! This mask is wonderful even more so because the only 2 ingredients are easy to get and very cheap!
Things You Will Need
- Elmer's Glue, Non-toxic
- Activated charcoal capsules, NOT charcoal you use in a grill
- Small bowl or container
- 40 minutes of free time
This is a great charcoal to use when making your own black mask! It's safe, effective and reasonably priced!
- Pour the Elmer's glue into your container. For a whole face application, 1/2 cup should suffice.
- Open and place contents of charcoal capsules into the glue. You'll want to use as many as needed to make a thick black paste.
- Stir well.
- Steam your face for about 5 minutes. Fill your sink up with hot water, hang your head over it and drape a towel over you to trap in the steam. This will open your pores and allow the mask to adhere to the blackheads better. You may skip this step but it will lessen the amount of blackheads removed.
- While your face is still warm, use a spoon to apply a thin layer to the areas of the face you wish to remove blackheads from. Be careful to avoid the skin directly under your eyes, any places with hair, open cuts or sore pimples.
- Allow to partially dry for about 4 minutes then reapply slightly thicker in the same areas as before.
- Wait 30-40 minutes for the mask to completely dry. You will know it's ready when it's tight, hard and dry to the touch. You can use a fan to help it dry faster.
- Start at the lowest point of application and gently peel upwards. If you reach a point that it gets painful, simply wash that part off with warm soapy water.
- After peeling, check out all the black heads and dead skin you've removed!
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and a gentle soap. Apply toner and moisturizer. Any redness will fade. You can use this method up to twice weekly to keep your skin baby smooth!