Irina enjoys giving advice to others regarding how to care for their hair and skin.
Introduction: Diamond Peel
Does your skin look tired, dull, and dry? Does the sight of wrinkles and fine lines bother you? Do you hate seeing blackheads, whiteheads, and clogged pores every time you look in the mirror? Skin can cause a lot of stress and its appearance may even lower your self-image. However, with the advancement of technology nowadays, several skin treatments are made available to help you deal with these issues, and one of them is a process called Diamond Peel.
Diamond Peel: The Rundown
- Cost: Diamond peel typically cost around $100 to $400 per visit. Note that these prices can vary, depending on the area and the salon or spa you choose.
- Optimal recommended sessions: It is recommended to undergo multiple diamond peel sessions. The results can be visible after the first session.
- How often can you do it? The course may be between 6-10 weeks while a 1-2 week break is usually had between sessions.
- Who should avoid diamond peel? Pregnant and lactating women are not recommended to undergo the treatment.
- Diamond peelis recommended to treat: Dark circles under the eyes, crows feet, dehydrated or dry skin, fine lines and wrinkles, open pores, or dull skin that needs a brightening. Also, it's great for acne outbreaks, scarring, and enlarged skin pores—these are usually among the most common reasons people turn to diamond peeling. It is also used to restore even skin tone.
The Diamond Peel Procedure
- First, the process is painless and is a very non-invasive way of improving the skin. Unlike other cosmetic procedures, it does not require injections or surgeries.
- The tip of the hand-piece also does not hurt, although one may feel sucking or vacuuming sensations during the treatment.
- You won't experience soreness, redness, or stinging sensations that often associated with other facial treatments either.
- You may feel a little flushed, but the treatment itself does not require the use of chemicals and other skin products that will leave your skin reddish for a few days.
- You can even apply make-up and go on with your daily routine after the treatment.
Diamond Peel Risks and Benefits
Diamond Peel is a safe and effective method which takes out dirt and dead skin. It employs the use of special diamond-tipped hand piece which is run over by the dermatologist over the surface of skin to vacuum away whiteheads, blackheads, dirt, and dead skin.
If you are considering undergoing this skin treatment to improve the look and feel of your skin, here are the risks and benefits that you should know.
- Produces collagen. The most significant benefit you will experience from this skin treatment is the marked improvement of your skin after a session. First, it is a proven way to stimulate the production of collagen. Collagen is an important substance that makes your skin elastic and firm, and prevents the formation of fine lines.
- Minimizes scars. The diamond peel process will also minimize the appearance of acne scars, stretch marks, and pigmentations.
- Removes blackheads. The pores are also tightened and blackheads will be removed.
- Improves skin conditions. It will also prevent skin from being oily, leaving it clear, smooth and young-looking.
Indeed, diamond peel sessions can make significant changes in one’s skin.
The risks of this treatment are minimal and usually occurs when the procedure is carried by an inexperienced dermatologist. You'll likely only experience minor side effects, such as:
- Sensitivity to the sun
Although, these will all go away in a matter of days.
Before You Get Your Diamond Peel
- Costs. This treatment is a good and painless way to improve your skin. The costs will vary per skin care clinic and number of sessions. You may also need to undergo the process again every after four weeks, depending on the skin issue being addressed. Remember to choose a reputable skin clinic if you are to undergo any type of skin treatment.
- Do your research. Lastly, it is good to look around skin care clinics first and see how their prices compare to others. Some offer packages or discounts for several sessions, another benefit that you will ultimately enjoy. By exploring your options, you will make a wise decision about getting a Diamond Peel, cost-wise and efficacy-wise.
Video: Diamond Peel Microdermabrasion Treatment
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
IrinaV (author) on January 18, 2017:
jhenn thank you for your question! I believe you should seek some professional help in your situation. Only doctor has the full picture of you and your skin as well as qualified opinion, so please consult with the specialist.
jhenn on August 27, 2016:
Im currently having my rf session, but I wanted to have a diamond peel seesion every after my rf. It is safe? What are the pasible side effect or risk? When is the safe treatment after I finish my rf session.
Johnk875 on July 16, 2014:
What's Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to contribute & assist other users like its helped me. Great job. eadkbkgfecak