I love discovering and sharing DIY beauty tips, especially all-natural solutions that you can easily make at home.
What Makes Egg Yolk Beneficial for Skin?
Egg yolk is made up of mostly water and fats, which makes it a great water-binding agent that locks moisture into your skin cells, leaving your face soft and supple. Egg-yolk face masks work wonders for people with dry or flaky skin. The nutrients in egg yolks work to hydrate, nourish, and moisturize dull skin.
Egg Yolk Nutrients and Benefits for Skin
|Nutrient||Benefit for Skin|
Is a building block for skin tissue. Promotes skin elasticity and repair.
Heals dry, flaky, and itchy skin.
Helps protects cells from free radicals.
Treats inflammatory skin conditions. Hydrates skin.
Slows down the skin's aging process. Treats acne and pimples.
One study published in the British Journal of Dermatology talks about patients with acne vulgaris having lower mean serum concentrations of retinol (vitamin A). Because egg yolks are rich in vitamin A, applying an egg yolk face mask can help get rid of acne.
1. Nourishing Egg-Yolk Face Mask
This egg-yolk face mask is easy, nourishing, soothing, and hydrating for the skin. It will moisturize your skin and leave it feeling fresh, clean, and soft to the touch.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl or food processor until it becomes a lump-free paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix them until smooth.
- Apply the mixture to your face using clean fingertips, using circular upward motions. Let it sit for 15 minutes or until dry.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water, and pat dry with a towel. Enjoy the soft, supple feel of your skin! This egg-yolk face mask will hydrate and moisturize your dry skin and nourish it with multivitamins and healthy fats.
- Gather all your hair away from your and secure behind with a plastic rubber band. You can also wear a plastic shower cap to prevent the mixture from going in your hair.
- Remember to use a ripe avocado so that it is easier to mash. If it’s convenient for you, you may blend the mixture in a small blender.
- Wear an old t-shirt because this egg yolk face mask can drip, and you don’t want to get drops of egg yolk on your clothes.
Avocado and Yogurt Benefits for Skin
|Ingredient||Importance in Mask|
Moisturizes and hydrates dry skin with healthy fats, making it smooth and supple.
Contains live cultures. Has antibiotic properties that aid in eliminating acne-causing bacteria.
2. Egg-Yolk Face Mask for Acne-Prone Skin
This egg-yolk face mask for acne-prone skin contains honey, which is a natural antibacterial that fights acne-causing germs. It also contains almond oil, the least greasy of all oils you can apply to skin.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- Add the ingredients to a small mixing bowl, and whisk until frothy.
- Using clean fingers, apply the mixture to your face with circular motions.
- Let the mask sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Try not to move your face during this time.
- Pat dry with a towel, and behold the youthful glow and suppleness of your skin!
- Use these egg yolks masks right before a shower because this mask is sticky and hard to remove compared to other face masks.
- You can store this mask in the refrigerator for up to a week and continue using it. If it starts smelling weird, though, it’s time to hit the trash.
- Use natural organic honey for this egg yolk face mask. Organic eggs will usually be smaller in size than normal eggs, and you can find them at your local Whole Foods store.
Read More From Bellatory
Honey and Almond Oil Benefits for Skin
|Ingredient||Importance in Face Mask|
Has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Reduces pimple swelling. Moisturises dehydrated skin.
Treats acne. Heals dry, flaky skin. Nourishes and rejuvenates skin of all types.
3. Egg-Yolk Face Mask for Aging Skin
If you are suffering from premature wrinkles and lines or have aging skin, here's how to get back soft, supple, and youthful skin.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ripe banana
- In a clean bowl, mash the banana with a fork until you have a lump-free paste.
- Add the olive oil and egg yolk and mix until smooth.
- Apply the mask to your clean face, and wait for 15 minutes.
- After the time is up, rinse off the mixture with warm water, and pat your face dry with a towel.
- If your face feels dry afterward, moisturize with a drop of olive or coconut oil.
- Do facial steaming beforehand to get the most out of your face masks.
- Use a ripe banana so that it’s easy to mash it with a fork.
- You can also replace the olive oil with coconut oil as it’s also a great moisturizer that nourishes dry skin and prevents premature wrinkles.
Olive Oil and Banana Benefits for Skin
|Ingredient||Importance in Face Mask|
Is nature’s own Botox. Locks moisture into skin cells and moisturizes dehydrated skin.
Slows aging with its high vitamin E content. Contains anti-oxidants, which fight off free radicals, one of the causes of wrinkles.
Want to Learn About Other Easy Natural Face Masks? Check Out the Ones Below!
- Banana Face Masks—Bananas, like egg yolks, work wonders on wrinkles. Dr. Oz goes as far as to call it "nature's Botox."
- Egg-White Face Masks—If you have naturally oily skin, use the egg whites rather than the egg yolks.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Alejandra Cortez on June 30, 2020:
Anything that really helps get long beautiful hair
Zekhynah harun on May 05, 2020:
How to use vaseline and egg for pimples and acne.does it work
Chinedu on March 19, 2020:
I tried aloe Vera with egg York and avocado and it woeka
Glorious (Nigeria) on September 03, 2018:
I have pimples all over my face as a result of allergic skin, have been trying egg white, coconut oil, oatmeal powder.. It never work for me untill this week i try oatmeal powder, egg york, tea tree oil and sandalwool oil, i allowed d mask to sit on my face for 40mins till dry, it work perfectly...my face is now ance free..
Chishimba Pascal on March 10, 2018:
Where can I find or buy baking soda?
sumaindu on December 13, 2017:
how many times i use this pack in a week? plz answer me
flosy on September 19, 2017:
Last month my face was full of pimples I used honey and olive oil to end pimples.Now my face is fill of block spots how can I end those spots
Beth on June 26, 2017:
I use egg yolk & turmeric omg the best mask for bags under the eyes, moisturising & re-vitalising my face
I used coconut oil before but was advised coconut wasn't good for all skin types especially dry skin it made it dryer & broke out with acne yet after one use of the egg yolk & turmeric mask
I was back to healthy glowing skin its awesome
Nicole Lin on June 10, 2017:
Is there a recipe with eggs for dry hands?
chioma on April 28, 2017:
These is really nice,thanks for the wonderful ways I can slow down aging will try all to see which work for my skin
Hi on March 28, 2017:
How often should i use it.
Ann on March 24, 2017:
Can I use virgin coconut oil, because that's the only oil available in my kitchen now, instead of almond oil? Ingredients for ACNE-PRONE SKIN.
Thembi on November 06, 2016:
Thank you so much
I have been struggle with acne n i believe that your recipe will help me
w on October 19, 2016:
i like it.but shall we add lemon juice
craftybegonia from Southwestern, United States on September 04, 2016:
These masks are very nourishing for the skin, no doubt about it. If a person can use them. I wish you would post some for vegans, I am vegan as many others are.
thanks so much am so glad about all these good and suppressing news..am going to try it out..swear on April 23, 2016:
thanks do much for such a good news about the face I am going to try it out..for sure thanks am so glad
Kristen Howe from Northeast Ohio on November 19, 2015:
This is another great hub from you. So interesting to know you can use eggs to make facial masks. I would have to give this a try next month as soon as I get a new carton of eggs.
Arefa patel on September 28, 2015:
How to remove eye dark circle at home plz suggest me
julie villasana on March 11, 2015:
I love this webpages... very helpful... thank you so much i learn a lot.... your the best site....
LaShonda Dunlap from USA on January 19, 2015:
I will have to schedule a home spa day just for myself and try out your tips! Thank you for sharing this information!
email@example.com on November 16, 2014:
I have a dry skin. I wanna try the eggyolk. Yogurt. And avocado but can i add lemon for it
Eileen from Western Cape , South Africa on September 22, 2014:
I haven't tried a mask yet with banana and egg yolk - looks like a great idea !
narangi bamboli on September 18, 2014:
Thanks for the wonderful information I will try
healthmunsta (author) on September 13, 2014:
Sure you can, for up to 3 days. It may turn brown due to the banana.
Louise on September 13, 2014:
Can I refrigerate the banana, egg and oil mask for any period of time?
prety doll on May 12, 2014:
thanks for great searching ....
its such an amazing
Kenneth Ramos on February 25, 2014:
thank you for that wonderful information
Claudette Coleman Carter from Media, Pennsylvania on December 16, 2013:
Nice article. I will definitely try the banana, oilive oil and egg yolk mask for wrinkles and will share the information for the acne mask with my daughters. Thanks again for the research.