DIY: Egg Yolk Face Mask Recipes for Glowing Skin
What Makes Egg Yolk Beneficial for Skin?
Egg yolk is made up of mostly water and fats, which makes it a great water-binding agent that locks moisture into your skin cells, leaving your face soft and supple. Egg-yolk face masks work wonders for people with dry or flaky skin. The nutrients in egg yolks work to hydrate, nourish, and moisturize dull skin.
Let’s discover the key nutrients in egg yolks that makes them great for skin:
Benefit for Skin
Is a building block for skin tissue. Promotes skin elasticity and repair.
Heals dry, flaky, and itchy skin.
Helps protects cells from free radicals.
Treats inflammatory skin conditions. Hydrates skin.
Slows down the skin's aging process. Treats acne and pimples.
One study published in the British Journal of Dermatology talks about patients with acne vulgaris having lower mean serum concentrations of retinol (vitamin A). Because egg yolks are rich in vitamin A, applying an egg yolk face mask can help get rid of acne.
1. Nourishing Egg Yolk Face Mask
This egg-yolk face mask is easy, nourishing, soothing, and hydrating for the skin. It will moisturize your skin and leave it feeling fresh, clean, and soft to touch.
Before we get to the recipe, let's see how each of the additional ingredients in this face mask are important:
Importance in Mask
Moisturizes and hydrates dry skin with healthy fats, making it smooth and supple.
Contains live cultures. Has antibiotic properties that aid in eliminating acne-causing bacteria.
- Gather all your hair away from your and secure behind with a plastic rubber band. You can also wear a plastic shower cap to prevent the mixture from going in your hair.
- Remember to use a ripe avocado so that it is easier to mash. If it’s convenient for you, you may blend the mixture in a small blender.
- Wear an old t-shirt because this egg yolk face mask can drip and you don’t want to get drops of egg yolk on your clothes.
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl or food processor until it becomes a lump-free paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix them until smooth.
- Apply the mixture to your face using clean fingertips, using circular upward motions. Let it sit for 15 minutes or until dry.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water and pat dry with a towel. Enjoy the soft, supple feel of your skin! This egg-yolk face mask will hydrate and moisturize your dry skin and nourish it with multivitamins and healthy fats.
2. Egg-Yolk Face Mask for Acne-Prone Skin
This egg-yolk face mask for acne-prone skin contains honey, which is a natural antibacterial that fights acne-causing germs. It also contains almond oil, the least greasy of all oils you can apply to skin.
Let's find out why honey and almond oil are important in this face mask:
Importance in Face Mask
Has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Reduces pimple swelling. Moisturises dehydrated skin.
Treats acne. Heals dry, flaky skin. Nourishes and rejuvenates skin of all types.
- Use these egg yolks masks right before a shower because this mask is sticky and hard to remove compared to other face masks.
- You can store this mask in the refrigerator for up to a week and continue using it. If it starts smelling weird though, it’s time to hit the trash.
- Use natural organic honey for this egg yolk face mask. Organic eggs will usually be smaller in size than normal eggs, and you can find them at your local Whole Foods store.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- Add the ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Using clean fingers, apply the mixture to your face with circular motions.
- Let the mask sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Try not to move your face during this time.
- Pat dry with a towel and behold the youthful glow and suppleness of your skin!
3. Egg-Yolk Face Mask for Aging Skin
If you are suffering from premature wrinkles and lines or have aging skin, here's how to get back soft, supple, and youthful skin.
This recipe includes olive oil and bananas. See the table below to learn how they contribute to beautiful skin:
Importance in Face Mask
Is nature’s own Botox. Locks moisture into skin cells and moisturizes dehydrated skin.
Slows aging with its high vitamin E content. Contains anti-oxidants, which fight off free radicals, one of the causes of wrinkles.
- Do facial steaming before hand to get the most out of your face masks.
- Use a ripe banana so that it’s easy to mash it with a fork.
- You can also replace the olive oil for coconut oil as it’s also a great moisturizer and nourishes dry skin and prevents premature wrinkles.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ripe banana
- In a clean bowl, mash the banana with a fork until you have a lump-free paste.
- Add the olive oil and egg yolk and mix until smooth.
- Apply the mask to your clean face and wait for 15 minutes.
- After the time is up, rinse off the mixture with warm water and pat your face dry with a towel.
- If your face feels dry afterward, moisturize with a drop of olive or coconut oil.
Want to Learn about Other Easy Natural Face Masks? Check out the Ones Below!
More by this Author
Coconut oil is a rising star in the beauty world, and with good reason! It's a natural sunscreen, too! Incorporate this miracle oil into your face masks with these three coconut oil face mask recipes.
Did you know that egg white is an incredibly rich, readily available face mask ingredient available right in your kitchen?
For beautiful, glowing skin, treat yourself to these true beauty secrets that have been used since ancient times. Use these turmeric face mask recipes to earn the most gorgeous skin you've ever had.