Good Skin Diet: Eat Your Way to Beautiful Skin
Is it possible to go on a good skin diet to get beautiful, glowing skin? No one said any diet was easy, let alone a “skin care” diet – but the results will astound you and make every dietary change that you made totally worthwhile.
Renew your skin cells with good nutrients
Did you know that it takes about 35 days for the epidermis (outer layer of skin) to replace itself? So how long will it take for you to start seeing changes in your skin after going on a good skin diet? Give your skin MINIMUM 35 days to see significant changes!
What is the good skin diet?
It will take time for your body to take all the good nutrients from the healthy foods your eating and carry out long stalled work such as detoxifing your skin and sending nutrients to boost your skin.
What to expect
When you get on board a good skin diet, it may not be easy. Many people hate eating vegetables and fruits. When your with your friends, you may have to avoid the junk food and soft drinks. Your skin may start purging at first as your body take the wonderful nutrients to detoxify your body.
Who needs a good skin diet?
Go on a dedicated skin diet if:
- You are fed up of your skin flaring up with acne every other day, then you should try the good skin diet.
- You have dull lifeless skin that looks like it could use a nice serving of vitamins and nutrients to give it a boost.
- You have tried many over the counter products but your are still suffering from unwanted pimples and blemishes.
- You just want your skin to look and feel better!
We are soon going to look at the foods to eat and the foods to avoid on your good skin diet. First, let's look at the most important nutrients that your skin needs to shine with good health:
The ACE Vitamins
Vitamin A, C and E are the most important skin vitamins that reduce free radical damage, protect collagen, reverse sun damage, prevent premature aging of skin, reduce fine lines and boost up the health of skin cells.
Most important mineral for healthy skin, prevents acne and pimples, regulates natural oils in the skin, balances hormones that can make skin break out
Antioxidant found in nuts, prevents free radical damage, protects against UV damage and promotes youthful skin elasticity
How to go on a good skin diet
Foods to avoid in the good skin diet
- Hydrogenated Oils
- Ice cream
- Refined flours (avoid white bread!)
- Processed foods
- Milk and cheese
Foods to include in the good skin diet
- Brown Rice
- Brown Bread
- Leafy greens (e.g. spinach)
- Healthy home cooked meals
Eat for beauty? Get glowing skin by eating Top 10 Fruits for Glowing Skin
Boost up your skin's beauty by eating 15 Super Foods for Clear Skin
Guidelines for good skin dieting
- Avoid overeating! Overeating has many dangers, it will cause bloating, slowed digestion and ultimately make your skin look worse. The best guideline to prevent eating is to stop at that point where you feel full. Just get up and don’t trash your stomach to the maximum.
- Keep hydrated. No need to drink so much water that most of your time is taken visiting the bathroom. Drink enough water as your body requires. Here’s a tip, if you’re lips are dry, you’re already dehydrated.
- Listen to your body. Do not eat emotionally. Do not give into those thoughts that make you go on an emotional binge. Instead, listen to your body. Is your body hungry? Then eat. Is that emotional hole in your heart hungry? Do not try to fill it up with food. Instead, calm your heart with meditation, positive thoughts and engaging hobbies.
- Exercise. It is no surprise that diet and exercise go hand in hand – yes, even when it’s a skin oriented diet. Exercise helps rid your body of toxins that would otherwise show up on your skin as pimples. Along with fibre, exercise also helps promote bowel movement, thus reducing acne caused by constipation.
- Avoid the foods on the “foods to avoid” list. Print them out or write it in your notebook. When you’re in the mood to eat something unhealthy, replace it with the healthier alternative as given below:
Fine lines, premature wrinkles? Fight aging with 20 Antiaging Foods.
Nuts nourish the skin with plenty of antioxidants and good fats : Top 10 Nuts for Good Health
Substitute Bad Foods with Healthy Replacements
Healthy Replacement Ideas
Cucumber or carrot sticks
Dates and dry fruits
Frozen yogurt with honey
Fresh fruit juice
Whole wheat break
For how long should I follow the good skin diet?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.