5 Homemade Avocado Face Masks for Beautiful Skin
Avocados in the form of face masks are a natural and chemical-free way to nourish skin. If you are looking for some natural home remedies to replenish your face, especially if you have dry, red, itchy, or rough skin due to the harsh weather, then you should really consider all the benefits of avocado, including:
- As mentioned, it's great for skincare.
- They are rich source of essential nutrients that soothe and moisturize your face.
- They contain vitamin B, vitamin E, and amino acids.
Topical application of them as masks will give your skin numerous beauty benefits. Below are five different ones you can try.
Avocado Face Masks
This is a hydrating face mask, perfect for cleaning and moisturizing. Honey is gentle astringent and extremely moisturizing. The combination of avocado and honey in this will refine the pores, tighten the skin, and smooth over wrinkles and reduce aging spots.
- Simply mash a ripe avocado and mix it with one tablespoon of honey.
- Spread a thin layer on your skin, and let it be for 20 minutes. N
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
This avocado and cucumber mask is a great remedy for acne treatment. When the two are combined, they can help clean out skin pores and avoid breakouts.
- Take 1/2 cup of avocado pulp and mix with two tablespoon of cucumber juice.
- Clean your face and then evenly apply the mask over your face. You can also place the cucumbers slices over your eyes as well.
- Lie down for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash the mask off with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
If your skin is dry to an extent that you feel itchy from the dryness and roughness, try this oatmeal and avocado mask. Oatmeal helps heal, soothe, and relieve itching and avocado, which is a good source of vitamin E, is full of natural oils that will hydrate and moisturize the dry skin naturally.
- Blend avocado pulp and cooked oatmeal in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Apply to your face.
- Leave it until it get dries.
- Wash off your face.
This should take around 15 to 20 minutes.
This mask is beneficial especially during those cold winter months, when your skin needs extra moisture due to the dry or humid air. Yogurt has the enzymes which easily exfoliate the facial skin with natural cleansing and bleaching.
- Take a teaspoon of organic yogurt and mix it with avocado pulp.
- Spread onto your face.
- Let it sit.
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
Egg White and Lemon Juice
This is another useful one to help reduce oil and acne problems. Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C, which is perfect for oily skin, as it has natural astringent properties. Egg white helps moisturize dry skin.
- Beat the egg white until frothy.
- Take out the avocado pulp and mash it.
- Mix the two together with one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply a thick layer to your face and leave it on for 20 to 25 minutes.
Note that this mask will turn dark quickly, so it is best store your extra facial mask in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More by this Author
Lemon's benefits on skin are numerous. They are cheap and easily available. You can easily make lemon face masks at home to treat acne, scars, blemishes and pigmentation.
Oatmeal face masks are very popular because of their cleansing, exfoliant, and moisturizing properties. They're an excellent homemade remedy that make your skin feel soft, smooth, healthy and radiant. Oatmeal provides...
Face masks you make at home with turmeric can treat dark spots, blemishes, acne, pigmentation, wrinkles, stretch marks, and cracked heels. Turmeric slows the skin's aging process, heals dry skin, softens skin, and is a...