DIY Natural Homemade Face Masks for Acne Cure
Acne and acne prone skin can be caused by a variety of reasons including hormone imbalance, genetics, internal and environmental factors. Many people with acne may also have oily skin but that doesn't necessarily mean oily skin leads to acne. Some people are plagued with combination skin which involves dry peeling acne. Others have nornal skin coupled with acne. The solution these 3 homemade face masks provide is nourishment of skin. Nourishing the skin combats all sorts of problems including oily, dry and combination skin. This in turn will protect your skin from germs and excess sebum secretion which may lead to acne.
1. Orange juice and Baking soda Face Mask for Acne
The orange juice and baking soda face mask is effective against acne and also terminates excessive oily skin and peeling flaky skin. Ensure you scrub your skin gently to avoid acne aggravation as baking soda has a gritty texture. Here are more skin benefits of baking soda and orange juice:
Benefit for Skin & Acne
Mild abrasive. Deep cleanses pores. Helps scrouge off dead cells, excess sebum, grime and germs within pores and on the skin's surface. Minimizes oiliness on face.
Tightens pores hence limiting excess sebum on skin surface. Has antibacterial properties that fight acne. Tones an brightens skin.
- When rinsing off the dried up face mask, keep your eyes tightly shut to prevent the baking soda or orange juice from entering your eyes!
- Lightly scrub the face mask mixture all over your face to exfoliate. Be gentle so you don't irritate and aggravate your acne.
- This face mask can itch and tingle a bit but all that's just to show how effective it is so refrain from scratching your face. Distract yourself: give yourself a pedicure or lie down and relax.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
Combine thoroughly the above ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
When you add orange juice to baking soda, it will start frizzing. This is no cause for alarm. Wait for the mixture to stop frizzing before mixing well and applying.
Spread a thin layer over your clean face. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes. When the time is up, rinse off the dry mask with cool water. Pat dry. Apply a drop of olive oil to moisturize.
2. Egg white and Lemon juice Face Mask for Acne
The egg white and lemon juice for acne is one of the most popular face masks for acne-prone skin. Egg white and lemon juice both have oil control action and pore tightening properties. This checks the oil secretion onto the skin's surface hence preventing breakouts. Lemon also contains antibacterial properties that kill germs. More skin benefits of egg white and lemon juice below:
Benefit for skin & acne
Rich in vitamins and protein that nourish skin. Tightens and lifts face. Shrinks large pores. Minimizes oiliness on face.
Natural astringent. Has antibacterial properties that are effective against acne and bacteria. Tightens large pores. Great toner for oily skin.
Effective against acne and acne scars. Has anti-inflammatory properties that heal inflamed acne. Absorbs excess oil from skin pores and surface.
- Ensure not to talk or smile as this can stretch your skin and form fine lines.
- Avoid applying the face mask in the eye and mouth area. Skin around this area is drier and sensitive to fine lines and wrinkles if stretched by the mask.
- Turmeric stains from nails can be got off using lemon juice and a nailbrush.
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
In a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg white till it turns frothy. Stir in the lemon juice and turmeric powder. Apply the mixture all over your face. Allow it to sink in for 10 to 15 minutes. When the face mask has dried completely, use warm water to loosen the mask. Rinse with cold water. Pat dry.
3. Avocado and Honey Face Mask for Acne
Avocado and honey both have powerful properties that will keep your acne at bay. Both offer antioxidant protection to skin and nourish and hydrate skin from within, checking excessive sebum excretion. Let's take a look at more benefits of avocado and honey for skin:
Benefit for Acne-Prone Skin
Amino acids present in avocado help cleanse skin of impurities. Offers antioxidant and anti-wrinkle protection. Protects skin from free radical damage. Natural sunscreen which shields skin from UV damage.
Antibacterial and antiseptic. Kills off acne causing bacteria. Cleanses acne skin of dirt, germs and excess oil. Is a natural humectant which waters oily skin, reducing excess oils.
- For your face masks, use raw honey for best results. Processed products contain additives that can cause skin irritation.
- Protect you hairline from this sticky mask by wearing a headband to keep back stray hairs and bangs.
- Apply this face mask right before a shower for easy removal and over your bathroom/kitchen sink to prevent drips onto your clothes and the floor.
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon honey
Mash the ripe avocado in a small bowl with the back of a fork. Keep mashing till you get a consistent lump free mask. Stir in the raw honey. Slather the mixture over your face using clean fingers. Sit for 15 minutes. When the time is up, rinse with cool water. Pat dry with a soft towel.