Neha has been writing beauty articles for many years. She is passionate about skincare and natural remedies.
Oatmeal face masks are very popular because of their cleansing, exfoliant, and moisturizing properties. They're an excellent homemade remedy that can make your skin feel soft, smooth, healthy and radiant. Oatmeal provides numerous skin benefits.
Below, learn how to make several various oatmeal face masks and about its benefits for your skin.
- To prepare a simple face mask with oatmeal, take five tablespoons of ground oatmeal and add water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture onto your face evenly and wait for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Note that milk can be used instead of water to make your skin even more supple and soft.
Honey With Milk
- Mix one tablespoon of oat flour with two tablespoon of honey to make an oatmeal and honey face mask at home for dry and irritated skin.
- Add one tablespoon of milk to this mixture and apply onto your face and neck.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
This natural oat mask will help your skin stay young and smooth. The anti-inflammatory properties in the grains make it suitable for sensitive skin.
Oatmeal and yogurt is appropriate for all types of skin. This facial mask will rejuvenate and clean your pores deeply.
- Mix one tablespoon of organic yogurt to one tablespoon of grounded oatmeal.
- Add few drops of honey and blend it.
- Apply this onto your face for 15 minutes, and rinse off with warm water.
This mask is the best for acne prone skin. Yogurt has bleaching effects and its high zinc content helps to reduce spots and scars. This mask is easy to make, and does not dry out your skin—in fact, your skin will feel lovely, smooth, and supple because of the lactic acid.
Lemon and Egg White
- Mix the juice from half a lemon, an egg white, and a tablespoon of oatmeal powder to make a smooth paste. Add water if you find it too thick.
- Apply it onto your face and neck. Let it sit 15–20 minutes.
- Wash off and pat it dry.
This is another great mask for acne prone skin.
- Helps sensitive skin. Oatmeal is suitable for all skin types, and even for the most sensitive skin because of its anti- inflammatory properties. It soothes irritation and treat inflammations.
- Yields clean and clear skin. It can also be used as mild soap, as it contains saponins, which is a cleansing agent. The saponins found in oats help to remove dirt from your skin pores. Oatmeal's moisturizing property, when combined with its cleansing property, gives your skin a soft glow after topical application You can also use rolled oats that have been converted into a fine powder in face masks.
- Removes dead skin cells. Regular use of these face masks helps to treat dry skin and gets rid of dead skin cells and blackheads.
- Treats acne and eczema. Its many healing and soothing properties help with the treatment of acne and acne scars.
- Tackles oily skin. Both oily and dry skin can benefit from application of these masks. Rolled oats can absorb excess amounts of oil from your face. Oatmeal will effectively balance out the amount of oil in your skin, and this will further reduce acne and other oily skin problems.
- As a natural exfoliant and homemade scrub. Oatmeal has natural exfoliant properties, so it can be used as homemade scrub. Scrubs yield excellent results—including the removal of blackheads and and dead cells, leading to a brighter complexion.
As you can see, oatmeal is an excellent ingredient for homemade face masks. It treats a number of skin ailments and can make your face feel healthy and radiant again.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Read More From Bellatory
Questions & Answers
Question: My face is full of pimples what should I do?
Answer: Do check your digestion first, you should not suffering from constipation to having clear and glowing skin! Do apply clay masks regularly to get rid of acne and pimples.
Question: After using an oatmeal mask, should I use some lotion?
Answer: If your skin feels dry after putting off the mask, you can apply lotion!!
Question: What kind of milk should I use to make an oatmeal face mask?
Answer: Raw milk is best to get maximum skin benefits.
Question: How often should I do this mask?
Answer: 2 or 3 times a week, you can apply these masks!
Question: Can this oatmeal mask be used by men as well?
Answer: Yes these face masks can be applied by Men also!!
Question: I have textured skin so I found it very difficult to treat my skin properly. Oats once helped me a lot but in summer these masks feel irritating on skin for sweat. what should I do?
Answer: During summer try clay masks to treat your skin problems!
Question: Can I use powder milk in the face mask?
Answer: Yes, you can!
Question: Should you wash your face before applying?
Answer: Yes, you should wash your face before applying a face mask!
Folasade oluwatoyosi on June 06, 2020:
Do you mean the oat we eat and how to make it become flower please
zahraa on March 16, 2020:
for face scars or all body scars you can use lemon and exfoliate scars area and moisturizer with vitamin E or C.
for more information please add me on snapchat : zoza_beautiful
Asma on January 27, 2018:
Hi.as I have gon through this page I liked it very much.I have many acne scars in my face.pls tll me how should I get rid from it
Des on November 02, 2017:
what does it mean if your skin is kind of red after you wash off the milk and oatmeal mask ?
Rahel on September 30, 2017:
I love it
Madhubala on May 28, 2017:
Very informative would definitely try.....
Sareena.Sultana on December 28, 2016:
Oats did really help me a lot, now my face is so bright, glowing and clear.
This ingredient really did change the qualities of my skin and the texture too.
Alek on September 29, 2016:
I have been using oatmeal mask twice now but I don't see any results that it gets rid of blackheads, should I use it first more often before I get to see the result or it's hopeless I rather go visit my derma for facial? :D
Melanie on April 27, 2015:
Yup, I've tried this oatmeal with milk homemade mask. After washed I feel my face very smooth.
Anitha on July 01, 2014:
Sounds Good n helpful....vl try applying right from today...hope this Oatmeal face mask works :)
Shadaan Alam from India on June 05, 2013:
interesting and informative hub, would try it out
nelia on April 10, 2013:
i have blemishes & pigmentation. can oatmeal & lemon face mash lighten my skin? pls. help..
Snigdha Shahi from India,mumbai on December 21, 2012:
Brilliant hub. Am yet to use Oatmeal for my skin but your hub is very inspiring and has definitely made me change my views on oatmeal. voted up.