How to Get Rid of Acne and Pimples Quickly
All-Natural Remedies That Work
This article will help you get rid of acne using natural, homemade remedies that work quickly. Try these instead of popping pimples, which can leave scars and cause infection. Below you will find many safer ways to get rid of pimples.
Note that these remedies won't work for everyone. If you have a problem with acne and pimples all the time you may want to purchase a face soap made especially to clean your skin and help to keep new pimples from forming. If you have a serious acne problem you may want to talk to your dermatologist about prescription options.
While you can get rid of pimples using these remedies, you should also do what you can to prevent them from forming in the first place:
- Wash your face with the warmest salt water you can stand. You really should use ground sea salt as this works much better than the regular table salt.
- If you have acne on your arms and back, wash the area with Head and Shoulders shampoo and you will find the acne gone in no time at all. Frequent shampooing with dandruff shampoo can also help prevent acne from forming on your face.
- Change your pillow case everyday to help avoid skin contact with bacteria.
Fresh-Squeezed Lemon Juice
You may not know it, but lemon juice can naturally bleach human skin and it can lighten acne scars and make them far less visible. Use only fresh-squeezed lemon and apply it directly to your acne scars using care to avoid the skin around them. The best way to do this is to use a cotton ball or a Q-tip that you have applied a solution of lemon juice mixed with equal parts bottled water. After 20 minutes wash the pimple and the area around it with warm soapy water.
Use care that you don't cross-contaminate and discard the lemon juice and the container you poured it into when you finish applying.
Remember to moisturize your skin as soon as you wash away the lemon juice, as it can and will dry out your skin.
Exfoliate With Baking Soda and Honey
Honey is one of the best all-natural remedies for acne and has natural antibacterial properties. Raw honey that has never been processed or had anything added to it will work best of all. This is one reason it is so important to read the labels on items. Know what you are using and what it contains.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of bottled water. Be sure to mix well.
- Apply the solution to your face especially over your nose and forehead, being sure to try not to get it into your eyes. Leave the solution for at least 20 minutes before you wash your face well. This is one of the best homemade products I have ever seen or tried. It works perfectly.
- If you need to you can just apply to your scars. Leave for about 20 minutes before you remove the solution by washing your face.
- Apply a good quality moisturizer to your skin when you are finished.
Honey for Sensitive Skin
One really great thing is that honey can be used even on sensitive skin. Honey has great all natural antibacterial properties and it also helps to soothe and reduce inflammation. It's also not drying.
- I use a small paper two-ounce cup and I slightly warm the honey I'm going to use until it is just warm but not hot.
- Apply it directly to the skin or effected area with a Q-tip. If you have a problem with small black heads or pimples in the creases around your nose then this is a excellent product to use there.
- Leave it on for at least 20 minutes or overnight. Wash your face the next day and pat dry.
You can feel safe using honey on your face every day if you need to. Remember that unlike a lot of other natural remedies it will moisturize your face.
Toothpaste Spot Treatment
Believe it or not, toothpaste can be an effective way to get rid of individual pimples. If you can find it, use a plain white toothpaste that contains menthol and alcohol. Gel with too many additives won't work. Toothpaste will work as a mask, drawing the impurities out of the skin. It is drying, so be careful only to use on the pimple itself, not your whole face.
- Wash your face and the area with the pimple with warm soap and water.
- Pat the area as dry as possible with a paper towel. Now apply a thin layer of plain white toothpaste over the top of the pimple and leave it on overnight.
- If you wake up during the night gently wash the area of the pimple with warm soap and water and reapply another thin layer.
- When you get up in the morning wash your face with warm soap and water. The pimple should be gone completely or greatly reduced.
If it worked the first night but didn't get rid of the pimple completely, repeat the same procedure on night two. By the second day the pimple and all signs of it should be gone.
Here are some more remedies you may not know about:
1. Some people swear by egg whites. Now don't just run to the refrigerator and apply the egg whites. You will want to remove the egg whites from the eggs and blend them in a blender and beat until stiff. Apply this like a mask to your face and allow it to remain on your face for about twenty minutes. Then wash away with warm soapy water.
2. Mix together two tablespoons of honey and two tablespoons of powdered cinnamon and apply it like a mask to your face. Allow it to stay on for twenty minutes and then wash away with warm soap and water.
3. Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables and be sure to drink plenty of orange juice for vitamin C. If you greatly increase your vitamin C intake your acne will improve.
4. Wash your hair every day and be sure to shampoo behind your ears and down your neck onto your shoulders.
5. You can make a mask out of equal parts peeled cucumbers and plain yogurt. You should do this at least twice a week and leave the mask of cucumbers and yogurt on for twenty minutes. When you're done wash your face well with warm soap and water.
6. Be sure that you drink plenty of water every day. I suggest at least 8 eight-ounce glasses per day. You can add fresh squeezed lemon juice to your water to help cleanse your body.
7. You can use rubbing alcohol on cotton balls to clean your face every day. Just avoid the area around the eyes.
Questions & Answers
© 2011 Thomas Byers