How to Make Orange Peel Powder for Face
We all know that oranges are great for health, right? But as with all fruits, the peel actually has a much higher concentration of vitamins, minerals and nutrients than the fruit itself! Applying orange juice on your face is so beneficial. So just imagine how much more beneficial it would be to apply the peel, rich in skin-boosting nutrients, on your face!
If you are looking for an all natural, refreshing face mask ingredient to give your skin cells a healthy boost, orange peel powder is for you! This powder can be used in face masks to help people who:
- have oily skin
- have persistent blackhead problems
- want to reduce discolouration, pimple scars and blemishes on their face
- want to lighten their skin tone
- want smoother softer skin
How Potent Is It for Glowing Skin?
Orange peel powder naturally has many properties that will heal, protect and maintain beautiful facial skin. Here are some of the main properties:
Penetrates into the pores and deep cleans the pore, breaking down any oils, grime, dust, pollution and pus to prevent blackheads, whiteheads, acne and pimples.
Tightens skin, makes skin firmer, controls excessive oiliness, dries out acne, prevents acne and pimple formation
Instantly refreshes the skin, reduces the size of pores, balances pH level in the face, protects skin for trapping pollution and dust in everyday life.
By promoting blood circulation in the skin, orange peel powder promotes a healthy rosy-coloured tone in skin. Improved circulation enables nutrients in the blood to reach the skin cells and nourish it.
Many of you must be wondering how to make it at home, since it's not an item readily available in stores. In fact, making orange peel powder is very easy! Homemade is always better, fresher and more effective! Without further ado, let's roll up our sleeves and get into the zest of making it ourselves, shall we?!
1. Select good quality oranges, preferably organic. It's best to use locally produced fruits, which smell much more intense than imported seedless ones.
2. Thoroughly wash 3 large or 4 medium sized oranges, and pat dry with a cotton cloth.
3. Using a sharp knife, peel them. Try to avoid cutting into the white part of the skin. Only try to get the top orange layer, as much as possible.
4. Chop up the peels into thin slices so that they can dry faster.
5. Spread all the peels on a tray and place under the sun to dry. Make sure you cover the tray with a net or a thin cloth to prevent insects and dust from getting into contact with them.
For me, it's winter at the moment, so they took a good 4-5 days to dry completely. Under direct sunlight or in summer, it should only take you around 2-3 days to dry.
6. Now pour all your dried peel into your food processor. Make sure your food processor is completely dry because any amount of moisture can spoil the powder, making it rot.
7. In your food processor, pulse for five seconds. You will get a coarse powder. Now grind again for 10 seconds on medium speed. Finally grind to a fine powder by blitzing on high speed for 25 seconds.
8. Voila! Your beautiful orange powder is ready! Trust me when I say, it smells divine! I never knew it could smell this good! I'm so excited to start using it for my face masks!
- Orange Peels for Skin | Glowing Face Secrets
You can make amazing face masks with the powder for skin! Get rid of acne, blackheads, pigmentation, and whiten your skin with these beauty recipes.
- Homemade Orange Peel Face Mask Recipes for Bright Skin
These face mask recipes are easy to make at home, using common ingredients available in your kitchen. Orange peel is nutrient-rich and has many benefits for skin, not only skin lightening.